Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart Chat prepay €9.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

She tried to tell me that to activate the phone you have to put €20 into it with sim ported over or the phone would not work

Note that Vodafone credit can be transferred, albeit they charge €2 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

ardmacha wrote: »
    Note that Vodafone credit can be transferred, albeit they charge €2 or something.

That's great, I want my credit transferred to Lycamobile! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

Got the dunnes vouchers myself yesterday. See it here now. Hmmm as the op says it's "when you switch" .. So in a round about way of asking, if one was to use an old meteor sim, or simply buy a new one. They could avail? ;)

or does "switch" simply mean "become a vodafone customer"

just go to a tesco and pick up one of those international call leaflet, at the back it has a coupon for free sim..

once you get the pack, open it and use it on a sim free phone or some phone that can take tesco sim.. make a call to someone to activate it..

head down to VF and redeem.. the staff may ring your tesco number to verify that it is your number which will go through..

Boom and job done and everyone is happy :D

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

ardmacha wrote: »

maybe sell the credit to someone on VF network.. the credit from my purchase wasn't directly topped up into the number, they just give you a receipt like normal top up so can be sold to someone else..

Since I'm already on VF, worked out well for me actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My local store is still out of stock & has been since the first day these vouchers were issued,the owner is a chancer so I reckon he won't bother having any in stock at all even though staff said that they "might" have some in next week.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    My local store is still out of stock & has been since the first day these vouchers were issued,the owner is a chancer so I reckon he won't bother having any in stock at all even though staff said that they "might" have some in next week.

out of Smart Chat or Smart Glam??

If it is Smart Chat, maybe a good suggestion to mentioned that a family member in other store was offered the Smart Glam instead??

Or is there another VF store nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Sold out in Ennis.

"There's 100,000 of them sold already."

Bit skeptical of that.

She did offer me a €120 phone for €60 though.

I've the Smart II on order through FatCheese.ie so it's only going to cost me €16 so it's not the end of the world.

lau1247 wrote: »
    out of Smart Chat or Smart Glam??

If it is Smart Chat, maybe a good suggestion to mentioned that a family member in other store was offered the Smart Glam instead??

Or is there another VF store nearby?

Out of all of them,I know enough about the owner to make my own judgements on why they suddenly had no phones as soon as the offer started.I'd gladly put money on it that they'll magically appear on the shelves when the promo is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My Dad got the voucher in his Dunnes mailing last week and as he didn't have time to go and visit the store himself, I went for him.

They were sold out of the original phone that was advertised (even though my Dad had called the store at 9am and was told there'd be a delivery at 10:30am. I visited the shop at 11.30am and they were gone?).

Anyway, I got him the Smart Glam which comes with four different coloured snap-on covers (two of them are a bit girly and he won't use them, heh).
    He's delighted with the phone as he was using a brick before it and it's his first Smart phone.

My own phone is a lot similar to his but his one has a snappier interaction menu and cool little features.

Not bad for €9.99.
    No mention of the €20 credit stipulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

zerks wrote: »
    Out of all of them,I know enough about the owner to make my own judgements on why they suddenly had no phones as soon as the offer started.I'd gladly put money on it that they'll magically appear on the shelves when the promo is over.

The owner of a vodafone store?
    isnt that just vodafone the company? :confused:

• Advertisement

The owner of a vodafone store?
    isnt that just vodafone the company? :confused:

No there are some that are franchised.
    Friend of mine used to run one in Blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

ppl how come you manage to use a voucher while it says its valid from 1/04?????????

faral wrote: »
    ppl how come you manage to use a voucher while it says its valid from 1/04?????????

to be honest, i didn't really wait/read cos some posters already confirmed that they have got theirs..

plus the VF store staff just took it, no question asked other than telling me that the Smart Chat is out of stock and is being replaced by Smart Glam.. and the 20 Eur top up of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

anyone know where I could get an unlock code for this?

Ste- wrote: »

AFAIK, log into VF site, go to 'my phone' section, then there should be a 'get your NAC', that should be where you can request the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

lau1247 wrote: »
    AFAIK, log into VF site, go to 'my phone' section, then there should be a 'get your NAC', that should be where you can request the unlock code.

I am with Vodafone and I am afraid that in order to get an NAC you up must top up with over €120 with vodafone......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Not on Vodafone so I can't request an unlock code from them.

I am with Vodafone and I am afraid that in order to get an NAC you up must top up with over €120 with vodafone......

my apologies, kinda forgot that.. I have been with VF for many years so didn't really pay attention to the requirements when I did it on my one.. it just went straight through.. I didn't even top up that much over 6 month period (Circa 80 eur between now and the last 6 months)

You said you have been with Vodafone, so should not be a problem if you have used over 120 Eur at some point..

Alternative is do you know anyone that has been with vodafone for a while?? a relative maybe?? each number can have up to 3 NAC unlock..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Ste- wrote: »

I got mine unlocked for 20 euro in an unlocking shop. There should be a number of small businesses like that in your area.

Because you're looking at the offer on the other side of the voucher! :pac:

• Advertisement

folks I am just back from Liffey Valley vodafone shop and indeed they have a touch screen vodafone smart 2 phones as the one advertised is out of stock.and to avail of this offer I needed also purchase a top up voucher for 20 euro (I didn't mind as I am with vodafone anyway)

folks I am just back from Liffey Valley vodafone shop and indeed they have a touch screen vodafone smart 2 phones as the one advertised is out of stock.and to avail of this offer I needed also purchase a top up voucher for 20 euro (I didn't mind as I am with vodafone anyway)

I thought you had to be a customer from a different mobile phone network to avail of this offer?

fussyonion wrote: »
    I thought you had to be a customer from a different mobile phone network to avail of this offer?
    Yes you do but I bought a dozen of tesco sim cards on averts for 4 euro:)

Yes you do but I bought a dozen of tesco sim cards on averts for 4 euro:)

could have got it for free (See my comment few post back), too late now anyway

Rang the VF store in Wexford and they are getting more stock in tomorrow unlike my local store which "might get some this week".
    Forgot to ask if they are charging the €20 top up fee.

Vodafone in Ennis gave me a Huawei G300 for €59.99 instead.

They actually offered it to me on Saturday, but I decided against it as I was fairly set on getting a €9.99 phone. Went back in this morning and got it, I'm delighted with it. I felt the Smart Chat and Smart II were just too small also.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

Would anybody be able to send me their voucher if they are not using it as I would like to purchase one ?

Went into my local vodafone shop today. They said they were out of stock and not getting any more. They even said they were out of stock of the other phone they were offering people in replace of this.

They offered another deal. €60 euro for a phone thats usually €120. I passed.

I dunno. I'm starting to think this is a dud promotion. That they only had a very small amount of these phones, but yet placed the promotion in a very popular medium (alot of people get Dunnes vouchers) just to rope you in. Yeah, you can say they are still offering you a 'bargain' - although I suspect what exact phone and how much of a bargain differs from store to store.

I am chalking this up to "marketing ploy" at the moment.

Can anyone help?

I mentioned here that my Dad got the Smart Glam phone and he's still trying to get used to it.

The one thing he can't figure out is how to switch off the predictive text when texting and I've looked through the whole phone, in settings and everything and still can't figure it out.

Any advice?! The manual that came with the phone doesn't mention predictive text at all.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Can anyone help?

I mentioned here that my Dad got the Smart Glam phone and he's still trying to get used to it.

The one thing he can't figure out is how to switch off the predictive text when texting and I've looked through the whole phone, in settings and everything and still can't figure it out.

Any advice?! The manual that came with the phone doesn't mention predictive text at all.

The way to turn off predictive text on most phones is to press the # key.

- goto to create a text message.
    - instead of typing anything. press (and hold) the # key. It should switch the predictive text off. Some phones display what is currently selected in the top corner when making a text. Ie, "t9 abc" is predictive on & it'll just be "ABC" when its off.

Advertisement