Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options
1757677787981»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A 3h bike ride today that went off plan almost immediately due to a funny turn during the warm up. (I am going to look into what that was). I seem to be always going on about some issue or other, but its just the way it is right now. Two steps forward, one back. Instead of an interval ride I did an easy one, because I was already out and for a change it was a beautiful warm sunny day. I even met a guy cycling in summer kit - shorts and summer jersey! I felt like I was stuck in a low gear all the way, no ability to accelerate or push hard at all. This is what happens when I take my eye off nutrition and rest. This loong overtraining recovery I am in leaves no room for debauchery at all. :)

12 hours of sleep and off we go again..

This morning was a swim, 2.4k as a mix of intervals and drills including 200 IM. The fly was funny in a tragic kind of way :) Took around an hour.

Tonight was an easy run 40 mins. Hr was way too high (for no reason) at first but I kept an eye on it and it settled into 130s. 7k

Lil bit of strength work started the day this morning, and tonight was club swim. In spite of yawning going in and having a stupid aching back, I loved this. Short snappy sprints meant we were constantly on the go and it was fun. 2400 in the hour.

Group turbo. A fast little set of cadence work that turned out to be the set that was most hated last term. Fancy that :) I picked it as a shake up to get everyone going after Christmas but given their faces at the end I think I was lucky to get out of there alive. Theyll thank me come race day Im sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mr Tony Stark

Evil.....

• Advertisement

I'm not evil, I'm just drawn that way.

More turbo this morning. 75 minutes including 7 x 4 min z4 3 min rec. It was easier than I thought it would be. The intervals were short enough. It required an early start, but don't they all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!

Embrace the pink...er, plum....um, berry rumble bordeaux drama! Whatever. ;) Just have a super duper ultra-iron-hoochie day!!! Whoop whoop!!! :D

To celebrate this momentous new AG day I went swimming at 6.30am. :) I was rocking a plum-diddly-umptuous new jacket, but unfortunately had to leave it poolside cos it had too much drag :)

Main set was 6 x 200 (50 sprint, 150 z3). With drills and stuff to bulk out the volume. 2600 in 67 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oryx wrote: »
    To celebrate this momentous new AG day I went swimming at 6.30am. :) I was rocking a plum-diddly-umptuous new jacket, but unfortunately had to leave it poolside cos it had too much drag :)

Main set was 6 x 200 (50 sprint, 150 z3). With drills and stuff to bulk out the volume. 2600 in 67 mins.

Sounds like the only thing missing to complete the look was a bejeweled birthday tiara!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Happy birthday!!! Have a good one. Nice way to kick it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Happy birthday Oryx!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Happy Birthday Oryx, may this year bring you great success :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

No way!!!!!!

25 - 29 AG already?

Happy Birthday K

I cant even remember being 25 :).

Today I ran. 60 mins with 3 tempo intervals of 10, 8 and 6 minutes. I think I ran these a bit fast because I wasn't given target pace or hr and when left to my own devices I do silly things. Good run in spite of feeling fat and slow these days.

Out this morning for an easy spin with Tony and friends. I was encouraged to bring the tt, and I was glad I did. It felt comfortable and nice. But the easy wasn't easy for me. Tony and friends are fast :). I made them stop for coffee tho. And I had two :) I had no garmin so all I know is that it was 2 speedy hours. Just don't tell anyone. It was supposed to be a day off. :)

Nice to see a big smile today Oryx.

Two weeks since I last updated. And Im not updating now. Im saying cheerio. Life has changed, priorities have changed. Its good tho. And necessary. No more iron distance racing, not for now anyway. Ill do a bit, but I doubt it will be interesting enough to post about. Im sad to let it all go, it's taught me loads, and given me abs. :) Its time for change now though. But Im keeping the abs if I can.

Have fun fellow loonies. Keep sweatin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Ah f*ck.

You were always one of the best posters around here, sorry to see you go. To use you own words back at you, its like the place is losing a friend. Best of luck on your journeys, hope to see that nice smile at shorter races. And those abs :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah no, I've been looking forward to your log update since your post on FB during the week to see what the new goals were.

I'll miss your log. :( One of the few I actually read. Hope everything is ok.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah no, I've been looking forward to your log update since your post on FB during the week to see what the new goals were.

I'll miss your log. :( One of the few I actually read. Hope everything is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Change is good. Enjoy the change.

I'll miss your inspiration and leading example though.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Change is good. Enjoy the change.

I'll miss your inspiration and leading example though.
    Ill still be at Heikes evil sets as much as I can. We will wave across the lane rope ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I always enjoyed reading your log. Continued success with whatever you future holds. Keep on keepin on!:cool:

This is so UNFAIR. I think you and I need words.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Sorry to see you go Oryx, you're the toughest Hoochie around. Enjoy your training without the spotlight on you, I've no doubt you'll be back :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sorry to read that oryx, you're one of the first names i remember from when i started posting in this forum first. hopefully it's a change in focus, just the next act in a play with lots of twists and turns to come

Advertisement