Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Michelle is on Celebrity Big Brother - that just proves it's in the works. She's doing a promo and making her face known.

'Spill the tea' though? Really, queen?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Michelle Visage tonight just....was sensational re gay rights. I seriously had a bit of a well up; how sad is that? ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm loving seeing the softer side of Michelle on CBB and so glad that the non Drag Race viewing public get her and have warmed to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Paddy C wrote: »
    Oh, and also, Season 7 isn't starting until March now in the US. Apparently. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Where did you get this info from Paddy?

• Advertisement

It was on Twitter, someone had re-tweeted an executive at Logo saying that March was the month Drag Race was returning but the tweet had since been deleted. Could be false. We usually know at this point when the show is returning though, so why haven't they revealed the date already?

it seems that Michelle's rant in the Diary Room about Perez's behaviour hasn't gone down well on other forums, many calling Michelle out for making it a much bigger issue than it was and talking about the gay angle for herself far too much. Also, her siding with Katie Hopkins has damaged her reputation with people as well.

She's still one of the favourites to win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Has anybody else's opinion of Laganja Estranja changed?

Loathed her on Season 6. I thought she was so fake, so irritating and just so desperate for attention. It was like she was desperately trying to get her character and catchphrases out there that you weren't getting to see the real her.

But having followed her on Twitter, checked out some of her live performances and watching that Hey Qween interview with her I have definitely changed my opinion on her. I feel a bit sorry for her, and looking back on Season 6 I don't think she was anymore "produced" than Bianca Del Rio, Milk, Ben Delacreme or Gia Gunn. It's only because it's Langanja that it's seen as a negative trait.

I don't think so. Listening to the RuPaul and Michelle podcast they name called Langanja as someone who specifically came in with a game plan and performed as opposed to be natural. I think the likes of Bianca and Ben were just consistant in whatever way you'd describe them. But I don't think people would be given as much of a chance to like Bianca if it weren't for her destroying Gia and Laganja ^^

Yes I listened to that podcast too and I have to say Michelle contradicts herself on it the whole time. She always says that she only ever sees the queens when they are on the runway so how is she able to say who is being themselves or not? I mean if she has no other interaction with them other than their runways, when lets be honest is where all of them are trying to be their most fierce, then how is that indicative of their personality?

That's not even Laganja specific - more a general observation

Given as well it was Ru who brought her up, and that on several ocassions Adore who started drag with Laganja repeatedly called her out on her acting, it's safe to say she wasn't being true to herself. But hey if you're a fan, fair dues.

It's indicative because Ru said several queens have given out that they recieved "bad edits" when in hindsight they can only show what the queens themselves portray. He also said they try their best to actually promote the contestants. Laganja was one of these queens. Appearantly her mannerisms and view on what's happened have changed which is a great thing because she done herself litle favours in my view.

• Advertisement

Well I wouldn't say I was a fan of Laganja but I have gone from detesting her to thinking that maybe she wasn't that bad in hindsight. At least she recognised her annoying qualities, accepted them and is now trying to "redeem" herself, for lack of a better term. I can respect that and makes her a little more likeable in my book.
    The same can not be said for some other awful queens who do themselves no favours.....Phi Phi.

I guess it brings up an interesting point about the way the show is edited. It's like they need a couple of bitchy queens every year or villians. It so so obvious that Darienne Lake was made out to be a villain when she wasn't, probably due to there being no others there to fill that role. Do we think this is unfair? At the start of the season it could easily have been Bianca based on her brash personality and the Rolodex of Hate. But then it was clear she was the best one there so they needed her to fill the sweetheart role. So that's when Darienne and to a lesser extent Courteny Act (Joslyn being a fan fave hurt her)

Anyway I guess I'm just rambling now and just typing anything that comes to mind

Not at all! I agree with you. There HAS to be a certain amount of production editing to make it a show, otherwise they could have 14 Switzerland's and ain't nobody got time for that. Characters like Laganja just don't do themselves any favours when they over-emphasize something that just doesn't flow well. I can't see how they expected to be seen any other way. I'm thrilled she's taken all on board and in no way was she in the same league as Phi Phi who I think just...was....well...Phi Phi I guess.

And it's so easy to emphasize those small segments into major storylines; e.g. like Jinx and Ivy's relationship. And you make a stellar point; easily could have pigeon holed Bianca as this stubborn oldie who didn't want to take newbies seriously.

Incidently, it's a bit odd seemingly ALL the queens are all rooting for Michelle on CBB on twitter I find. Can't imagine they all would have time for her, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I'm up to Season 5 and ahm hating Alaska.

ezgif-3792913458.gif

How can you hate Alaska? She's one of the best queens in Season 5. Give her time to grow on you!

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I'm up to Season 5 and ahm hating Alaska.
    ^^^This person right here didn't see the perfume ad yet.

Yes, there's some really good, funny Alaska moments but more into the season, don't instantly hate her because you don't like her in the first episode or two. She's a grower.

Roxxxy Andrews on the other hand....

Once Alaska broke away from Detox and Roxxy I really liked her. And then rewatching the season, loved her even more. I think she was overshadowed by the whole primace of being in a drag gang.

Official premiere date is March 2nd. There's a first look trailer on LogoTV website. Can't link as on phone. Can't wait but why so long away?
    #theshadeofitall

Also Santino doesn't feature on any of the promotional material so fingers crossed he's not on this season.

I don't want to watch the previews as it usually gives you a completely warped view of some of the things that happen in the season and also can give away spoilers as to what queens go out and when.

But I know temptation will get the better of me and I'll watch it at some point.

I knew it was gonna be March!

Oh, and Santino doesn't seem to be a judge this season, there are two new judges, Carson Kressley and Ross Matthews (who guest judged previously). So the judges are Carson, Michelle, RuPaul, Ross and a guest judge every week.

Finding it fierce difficult trying to watch the video. Says it's blocked outside America :/

Predictions based on who might go out first? ^^

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    Finding it fierce difficult trying to watch the video. Says it's blocked outside America :/

Predictions based on who might go out first? ^^

It's on YouTube now 😄

There is a shot near the start of Ru talking to all the queens at once in the work room and I counted 13 heads. So, either there are 13 queens this season or, an eagle eyed fan could work out from that which one of the queens went in the first week.

I wonder if it will be the same as last year with the queens split into 7 each and there are 2 opening episodes to help everyone get to know who each queen is?

Guest judges for Season 7 are:-

Santino Rice (we haven't totally got rid of him, sadly)
    Merle Ginsburg
    Ariana Grande
    John Waters
    Olivia Newton-John
    Rebecca Romjin
    Jessica Alba
    Demi Lovato
    Mel B
    Tamar Braxon
    Kathy Griffin
    Isaac Mizrahi
    Kat Dennings
    Michael Urie
    Rachael Harris
    Alyssa Milano
    Lucian Pine
    Jordin Sparks

Some interesting looks from the trailer. Looks like everyone has brought their A game.

On an aside, is anyone going to see some of the Queens this year? Booking tickets later for Gia, Ben and Alaska. Should be fun ^^

The trailer, just for anyone who hasn't seen it or can't find it yet:-

2 weeks 4 days until it'll be available online to download. Hurry uppppp!!!

I'm so excited for this. Just over a week to go!

I was perusing the Wiki page for Season 7 and I see someone has posted info about episode 1 including the bottom 2 and the elimination. Obviously I have no idea wether this is true or not but let this be a warning to stay away from Wiki if you are trying to go spoiler free.

I'm so excited for this. Just over a week to go!

I was perusing the Wiki page for Season 7 and I see someone has posted info about episode 1 including the bottom 2 and the elimination. Obviously I have no idea wether this is true or not but let this be a warning to stay away from Wiki if you are trying to go spoiler free.
    Episode 1 was definitely leaked, although I never watched it.

Untucked is no longer going to be on TV after Drag Race, it is now a separate entity and will be uploaded to YouTube only the following morning after the main episode is broadcast. So, providing you have the right software in your browser (like Hola! which is free) you can access Untucked on YouTube without having to go looking for a torrent of it. So, given the time difference between here and the US, by the time Drag Race is available for download, Untucked will be ready and waiting on YouTube.

There have been several viewing / launch events for the show, so to hear that episode 1 has been leaked is not a surprise, just disappointing. I shall indeed stay away from the shows' Wiki page. :)

• Advertisement

Any risky predictions anyone wants to make? I've not seen any spoilers or what not but am in love with the little I've seen of Katya and Ginger. Not warming to Pearl at all at all.

Advertisement