Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Paddy C wrote: »
    Apparently, Michelle Visage is heavily rumoured to be in Celebrity Big Brother which starts tonight on Channel 5...

Interesting choice if true.

Very interesting as she is not well known at all. If it's true I wonder does this mean Five are showing the UK version of Drag Race. It would be a good way to build up Michelle's profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Rylan Clarke (the co-host) cryptically said that they are steering away from reality TV stars as contestants, but said there may be one going in that isn't well known over here yet. Sounds like it could be Michelle alright, plus he said "known over here yet" as if we're going to be seeing a lot more of them, possibly a TV showing of Drag Race US or the home of Drag Race UK perhaps...?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

She is a fan of CBB and tweets about it all the time but she flat out denied she was going to be on it when asked.
    I don't think she will be unfortunately.

Well, of course she would flat out deny it. She'd be under a contractual obligation to do so until it is revealed on TV! But it has happened more times than not that people have denied the rumours of going on to CBB and then, oh, look who it is!

Well, of course she would flat out deny it. She'd be under a contractual obligation to do so until it is revealed on TV! But it has happened more times than not that people have denied the rumours of going on to CBB and then, oh, look who it is!

The Drag Offical FB page had a post during the week confirming that Michelle was going in. It mentioned a few other names as well but was taken down pretty quickly. I don't know what if anything it means but it will be interesting to see if any of their predictions are right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Some leaked stills of celebs in front of the Big Brother logo are online now. Shows her all glammed up for what seems like her eviction profiler. I hope it's true though, I think she'd make some great television. Recently got into her podcasts with Ru and just adore her personality.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebrity-big-brother-2015-full-4932256

I reckon the Mirror would be pretty accurate, this story only went up in the past couple of hours.

MTV are now showing repeats of CBB so for Irish viewers who can't get Channel 5, you can still watch the show on MTV a day or so behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Well i was wrong. She's in there. I hope the UK "get" her

For Irish fans looking to watch on MTV, it isn't available for some reason on standard definition MTV, only MTV HD. It is also available on MTV+1. Whatever attempt they had at trying to block it for Irish viewers is half hearted.

Like, how can they block it on MTV but not MTV HD or MTV+1? Unless MTV+1 is a downscale of the HD service, and not the SD one as you would expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Does anyone know what date E01S7 is airing in the US? Is it Monday 12th?

The start date for Season 7hasn't been announced yet. Short answer, no-one knows!

It'll probably be anounced in the next week or two. It's usually the end of January or start of February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Looking forward to another season of classic quotes, hopefully!

"How is she tho"

I have trawled youtube for all things related to the show over the last month because the wait for this series to arrive is wrecking my head. I have to say that 'Allyssa's Secrets' with Allyssa Edwards is by far the most enjoyable. She is totally demented

My favourite is James St James' Transformations, he gets a different drag queen or prominent make up artist to come on and paint him into whatever they like. One of my favourites is actually Vivacious, his make up job is pretty basic but the chat they have is just magical.

^ I love that series! Ben De La Creme's end look was one of the best. Bianca and Sharon had great convos too. I'll give this one a luck, didn't know Viv had one.

Yeah,
    Bendalcrème!! GURL she was robbed!!! She is so damn nice in AND OUT of drag! I will never come to terms with that useless turd Darienne Lake getting farther than Dela.

Love Transformations with James Saint James as well - looking forward to this one with Vivacious, who I always thought would have a lot more personality than we got to see during her appearance on RPDR.

Finally I might just add (if anyone here knows what I am talking about, and I hope you all do) that the sound of Lady Red Couture singing the outtro to Hey Qween (which I frikkin' adore) is literally all I have heard in my head for the last few days.

**** - I just realised that actually 'Hey Qween' is my favourite, but then it's not really comparing like for like because 'Hey Qween' is a full length show. I love the one with Chi Chi La Rue because she's a real seedy hag and that's just how I like my 'celebs'

Ben was robbed indeed! Looking back in her season, I would put her on par with Bianca or Courtney. And as Ru said in the reunion, the outcry over her getting snatched in the end helped her endlessly with her career.

Characters like Vivacious should really be left in towards at least the half way mark. The detail in her costumes alone from what little we saw of her warranted it. Alas, club kids aren't flavour of the month ^^

Incidently if anyone hasn't seen Gia's transformation, beware the Laganja appearance...

Finally I might just add (if anyone here knows what I am talking about, and I hope you all do) that the sound of Lady Red Couture singing the outtro to Hey Qween (which I frikkin' adore) is literally all I have heard in my head for the last few days.
    Ugh, don't talk to me about that web series. I like it, but I cannot abide Johnny McGovern. So loud, fake and annoying. A terrible host. If he toned it down massively I think a lot more people would like the show.

Ugh, don't talk to me about that web series. I like it, but I cannot abide Johnny McGovern. So loud, fake and annoying. A terrible host. If he toned it down massively I think a lot more people would like the show.

Totally agree, I kind of wish it was just Lady Red because he's always amped up and fake as.

• Advertisement

In fact, in his most recent video with Leganja, he addresses the people who comment on his videos saying he's loud and annoying and that he should tone down a bit and says "f**k you", so if there was any way to act professional and rise above it, that was certainly not how to do it.

He seems like a very up himself sort of guy, incidentally like Perez Hilton in Celebrity Big Brother, where if he isn't the centre of attention, he'd do what he can to make it happen.

How very dare you. BOTH of you :mad:

heeeeeeyyyyyy qwweeeeeeeeeeenn

LOOK AT HUHHH!

Drag Race UK News

Attitude Magazine are reporting sources as saying that Drag Race UK will be broadcast on Channel 5 this year with RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Jodie Harsh and Paul O'Grady as judges. Jonathan Ross has bought the UK rights and is also involved with the show in some form.

Drag Race UK News

Attitude Magazine are reporting sources as saying that Drag Race UK will be broadcast on Channel 5 this year with RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Jodie Harsh and Paul O'Grady as judges. Jonathan Ross has bought the UK rights and is also involved with the show in some form.

Yay!!!!!!

Oh, and also, Season 7 isn't starting until March now in the US. Apparently. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk

That Vivacious segment was glorious! As the youtube comments said, I could listen to the two of them all day. Even online, I had a wee scoop at some of Vivacious' club sets and that girl had a lot more to offer. Could easily poke fun at herself while still killing it.

I feel so hipster-like thinking that now we all have to share Michelle's awesomeness with the world after CBB!

• Advertisement

I actually was growing to not like Michelle and Santino in Drag Race. I was getting tired of them. Now I'm watching Celebrity Big Brother I find myself liking Michelle's personality away from Drag Race. I definitely hope she makes the final and it would be amazing if she won it.

I dunno if that would ever happen with Santino though...

Advertisement