Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Ash885 wrote: »
    Ugh why do I never see these gigs beforehand to go? Would love to see Jinkx.

Seeing some of the promo footage, I'm really liking Sasha Belle and suprisingly Ginger Minj. Think Pearl and Max are going to have zero depth apart from some sort of play acting though...:/

They usually don't announce it that far ahead. Was only announced a few days ago! It's how I missed willam a few weeks ago :(

I had a quick look at the new cast. Not enough to have an opinion on them though. Can't wait for it to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

They usually don't announce it that far ahead. Was only announced a few days ago! It's how I missed willam a few weeks ago :(

I had a quick look at the new cast. Not enough to have an opinion on them though. Can't wait for it to start!

Still enough to compare against themselves. I thought some of them tried a little too hard to try give what they think we want *echo Laganja* But I remain optimistic it'll be a stellar year like every other ^^

Rewatching some of Season 4 now just to get into the gist of it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'm currently on a re-watch of Season 4 with my lesbian friend who has never seen the show. We have a bottle of wine and watch a few episodes every week and I love her reactions. We've worked our way to Season 4 and she basically loves all the queens but especially Willam. I think 4 had one of the best casts out of all the seasons.

The next episode we are going to watch is "Frenemies". Can't wait to see the look on her face by the end of the episode!

I'm currently re watching series 3. Just finished 1 and 2. I think out of them all 4 is my favourite. My friend introduced me to it and he made me start with season 4 because he knew it would get me hooked. He wasn't wrong!

Yeah, my friend loved the first season but then was getting bored in parts during S2 and S3. I made her skip to S4 and told her who won S3, and now she's on S4 she loves it again. They definitely got the casting right for that season. I wonder how she will take S5 with Coco v Alyssa every week and Ro-laska-tox?

• Advertisement

I actually loved 2 and 3. There was some great queens in those two that I loved. Especially Pandora, raven, juju and manila, the blurry camera in 1 made it really hard to watch for me! And I'm not really a fan of any of the queens from it, so I've never rewatched it. 4,5,6 are on another level though, I'd watch them over and over!

The only queen I liked in the first season is Nina Flowers. I myself like all the seasons, but for me the only real memorable/enjoyable to watch queens from 2 and 3 were Jujubee, Raven, Raja, Shangela, Pandora, and Manila Luzon. I liked All Stars because it brought basically all the best queens back together to compete against one another... and Mimi Imfurst.... :confused::o

I heard that mimi got put in because they decided to drop willam last minute and they needed someone to fill in! The whole teams thing ruined it I think. Hopefully there will be a second season!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm looking forward to a Christmas Drag Race binge in anticipation of the new series. My favourite series so far has been the seasons with Jinkx and the one just gone.

FYI on the recent Drag Cruise the girls gave Michelle Visage a roast. Darienne Lake has been uploading it in parts to her YouTube over the past few days. The first three are below and its well worth a watch. As you can imagine its NSFW :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0xZQHVLDw

Love it, that's brilliant. I hope we get to see the rest of it!

More on Mimi Imfurst's YouTube page here.

Shock horror... Mimi is friggin' hilarious! :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Michelle's face is how we all feel.

Who knew mimi could be so funny! Love that laganja video. Someone follows the drag race Reddit too I see :D

Mimi is hilarious, Bianca has some competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Who knew mimi could be so funny! Love that laganja video. Someone follows the drag race Reddit too I see :D

I actually don't, it's just one of my all time favourite reads - and she didn't even have to say a word! True queen.

Laganja annoyed me, even with the obvious editing. "I'm unbreakable" - a minute later - "I FEEL VERY ATTACKED! Someone pick up my eyelash because I'm a ****in mess"

Jesus if anyone is feeling brave watch Sharon Needle's segment. My goodness, she's my all time favourite but talk about bombing it...awkward.

Edit: No, Willam takes the lead in fail ^^

The others weren't up the last time I looked. Where have you seen these other videos?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=roast+of+michelle+visage if you follow that search there's a good few of them up now!

Wow, Sharon's is like pulling teeth. It's very painful to watch. Barely any crowd reaction and for every 1 good joke she had 10 awful ones. Willam was just as bad, but I actually think Sharon's was worse. :(

Sharon looks terrible too :(

I actually had to turn Sharon's one off it was so bad! Willam and jinkx weren't much better! Who would ever have though mimi would be so good!

• Advertisement

Everything was the opposite of what you would have expected. The good ones were bad and the terrible one was probably the best of the night! Bianca called it when she said "and thanks to the internet where she [Sharon] got her jokes". A lot of her jokes were something you'd get out of crackers or are famous jokes by other people. So plain and simple. It was a weird performance. Pandora sadly was bad too, but then, has she ever been more than just occasionally good?

Comedy is a hard one though and not everyone's strong point. Alaska did it well, she's not a natural comic but played on that and ended up being really funny as a result. I thought Jinkx would be better but she was drunk, Willam was awful. Thank God for Mimi, who would have thought we'd ever think that :D

I got the vibe they didn't give two ****s about it really. Sharon scribbling notes whilst telling jokes was a clear indication of that., William asking was he done with his stint. They made it easy for Bianca to destroy them.

I guess Mimi had a lot to prove and with her uploading her segments probably knew they could be a hit online. Sharon reading Mimi was, I'll admit, a laugh out loud moment for me but top marks go to Mimi and Alaska.

If I paid money for that cruise, and judging by that level of comedy, jaysus I'd be awful miffed!

I was in the dragon last night for jinkx and they announced who would be coming over in the next few months. Jan is raja. Will be announced Monday. March they will have house of Edwards. Shangela alyssa and laganja. April is Bendelacreme. There's also a season 7 queen coming and someone else I think I've forgotten!

I was in the dragon last night for jinkx and they announced who would be coming over in the next few months. Jan is raja. Will be announced Monday. March they will have house of Edwards. Shangela alyssa and laganja. April is Bendelacreme. There's also a season 7 queen coming and someone else I think I've forgotten!

Thanks for posting. I have got to see Dela, love her.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I have got to see Dela, love her.

Yeah gonna go myself! They'll be announcing them all on Facebook with links to buy tickets. I know some people were saying how they never know about them because they always announce not long before it so thought I would give a heads up! :)

I am looking forward to Ben already! Defo. going to that, ty for the heads up :)

On Logo's recent 15 Fan Favourite Queen's of RPDR, there were some talking heads with the aforementioned queens... Sharon has had some rather iffy looking plastic surgery done in the past few months. She now has naturally pouty lips that I think look very strange on her, especially without make up on... She's like a duck! Can't say I'm a fan.

Also, Detox is unrecognisable in the picture of her from before her car accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Sharon has always had an obsession with extreme plastic surgery even joking about it in Season 4 with Chad. She idolises Amanda Lepore and Joan Collins. I think she even had s song out with Amanda Lepore about plastic surgery.
    So I guess the only surprising thing to me is that that's all she has had done

• Advertisement

Apparently, Michelle Visage is heavily rumoured to be in Celebrity Big Brother which starts tonight on Channel 5...

Interesting choice if true.

Advertisement