Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Just got done watching it. Far better this week with a lot more time to get to know the girls personalities.

Can everyone hurry up and watch it please so we can chat about it:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Can we discuss how gappy Miss Fame's teeth are!? Couldn't believe it during the wind challenge - her makeup is so perfect she looks 'shopped but then I see that? I figure it had to have been intentional...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Max gives me such a Milk vibe, purely because of looks. A few times I catch her in the corner of my eye and I'm convinced she's Milk!

Yes I thought that too but unlike Milk she seems capable of doing glamour as well as the more "costume" looks.

Still don't like Pearl by the way

Hey guys new to this forum, old to boards. Gonna post here regularly I think since I don't really have a lot of people to talk with about Drag Race!

Love Pearl; I think her humour/demeanor is very dry and I understand that it can come off as her not wanting to be there but I love her.
    Violet is extremely talented but she's got to be careful about crossing the line between the type of cocky that's annoying and the type of cocky that is acceptable for a drag queen.
    Jayden is such a strong competitor but I haven't warmed to her yet and I don't know why but I am loving her.
    Miss Fame is undoubtedly polished but if she ends up in a lipsync I can see her going home. She'll make a great model etc. but I'm not sure if she's well rounded enough to make it through all the challenges. I can see the judges telling her to stop relying on fish.
    Katya is fierce.
    Max and Trixie are so so so good. It really bothers me that the other queens are giving them stick for them being out there. I mean have they not seen the past 3 winners of the show?
    I like Kandy too. I think the producers were playing up the rivalry between her and Tempest too much because to me there wasn't much drama going on.
    The rest of the girls kind of fall in the middle for me but it is such a strong season overall - bound to be some shock eliminations.

• Advertisement

Welcome! The more the merrier!

Forgot to say I think I have a new favourite. Ginger Minj is just brilliant. Loving her

Yes, out of everyone so far, Ginger is the only one I can match the face with the name, the rest I'm still learning. I love her talking head chats with the producer too. She seems quite sweet. I imagine she could be this years Miss Congeniality.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Avoid my post if you haven't seen episode 2.

As mentioned above, the mini challange would have been far suited to episode 1. A lot more memorable and taking itself a little less seriously. Thought the same with Miss Fame and her teeth during it hough. Had to pause the stream and go "Really?...aaaaalllrooooight"

Loving Minj as well. She's really consistent with her preshow videos and the task really let her shine. Quite hilarious her flustering when everyone had pops at Miss Fame because of what she brings up.

The main task was a lot of fun. A lot of work involved and thought it paid off. I had a bit of a "Uh-oh, we have a Madame LeQueer" when Jayden pulld the injury card but other than that it went smooth. God love Katya but she goofed something serious, yet all is forgiven and she's still my favourite right now. I can put a face to a few other queens which is a good sign, like Mrs. Kasha.

Honestly thought I would haaaaaaate Pearl, but I'm loving her! That kind of dry wit/attitude is so easy to put down as indifference but honestly think it's just her. Loving her and if her instagram is anything to go by, plenty of killer looks to come.

Also loving Violet's little strope over being picked last. She's going to be shut down something shocking this season by some of the other queens and I can't wait! :3

I think Violet is shaping up to be Season 7's version of Leganja Estranja mixed with Tyra Sanchez.

Speaking of Laganja, anyone else heading to the Haus of Edwards gig this Friday? Bit nervous I'll be too pissed to hide the fact the girl annoys me so much 😂

• Advertisement

Is that Alyssa, Shangela and Leganja in Dragon? Would love to go to that, but it's too late now to change plans. They're also in Belfast on Wednesday night. Shame. I've only ever met Willam from Drag Race before (and was quite drunk at the time) and I've missed out on Bianca, Adore, Jinkx, Sharon, Gia and Michelle Visage when they were all in Belfast. Raging I'm gonna miss seeing the Haus of Edwards now as well... :(

Break for the Border is the new venue aye. And then there's DeLa as well soon and Alaska in May. Never seen any of them before, sadily missed Gia. So expecting a good night! My love for Alyssa grows and grows with each Alyssa's secret on YouTube.

Break For The Border, as in the Grafton Hotel? They are a gay venue now?

What happened The Dragon? Is it closed for good now?

Paddy C wrote: »

BFTB have been used for bear events before so I assume it's at least gay-friendly. I don't think the Dragon is ever doing shows again :(

J_E wrote: »
    BFTB have been used for bear events before so I assume it's at least gay-friendly. I don't think the Dragon is ever doing shows again :(

Dragon will reopen but as a restaurant is what I've heard.

BFTB was a pretty huge gay venue years ago with a club night on a Tuesday. That's what my uncle's boyfriend always says when I bring it up so they must be starting to host gay nights again.

There's a lot of history appearantly with BFTB circa 1992 when the decriminilisation of homosexuality was forthcoming. Read an article last week that it was a spot that helped gather the gay pride movement.

Just catched the UnTucked there and my god I much prefer this style. It's got a lot more heart. Also think no matter who it is that goes each week, it's hard to not feel sorry for them on some level.

One thing I will say is how awful is it that the evictee can hear Ru afterwards and all that dancey music when they're being ushered off the set lol?

Is it though, or is it just something they create for "style" on the show? I wouldn't fully believe everything they are showing you as a lot of it is staged for effect.

Another thought about this season so far...

A lot of the girls look the same and this is the first season where I haven't instantly picked a handful of favourites from very early on. I don't find the group "diverse" enough - they are all young, slim, white contestants (with the exception of Ginger, Jasmine and Jaidynn), and they all seem to blur in to one another, especially in Untucked when they are all sat together. This is helping with the whole confusion over who is who. If I've forgotten anyone who doesn't fit into the categories mentioned then they simply weren't memorable enough to remember!

The Aryan contestants as Ginger put it hah sure she said they all look the same anyway. I'd say in a few more episodes they'll all seperate. Right now I see the comedy-esque queens similar to Jinxy being just very fishie at the same. Which kind of makes them easily mistaken. There hasn't been a heavy craft-based task yet to really seperate everyone either which I also think shows us who the real deals are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Another thought about this season so far...

A lot of the girls look the same and this is the first season where I haven't instantly picked a handful of favourites from very early on. I don't find the group "diverse" enough - they are all young, slim, white contestants (with the exception of Ginger, Jasmine and Jaidynn), and they all seem to blur in to one another, especially in Untucked when they are all sat together. This is helping with the whole confusion over who is who. If I've forgotten anyone who doesn't fit into the categories mentioned then they simply weren't memorable enough to remember!

Kennedy is African-American, Kandy is Latino and Trixie is native American. So 6 of the 14 contestants are from a minority. Which is a fair representation of the US population. Someone on Reddit went on a rant about a lack of 'colour' in Rupauls Drag race once. But someone pointed out most top 6 arent 'white'. I see the need of diversity for the sake of diversity. Like the PR queens that they are only there to be the PR queens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Finally watched episode two, much better than episode one. So far I'm loving Ginger, Katya and Pearl. I'm really disappointed with Miss Fame, I thought she would be one to watch but she is just boring. Kandy Ho has got to go and she can take Violet with her please. The rest I can take or leave at this stage. The only one I'm not sure of so far is Max, I can't work out if I love her or hate her yet but I'm hoping she stays.

Miss Fame will soon learn that serving fish without a personality is quickly going to fall flat...

I am dying to see Kennedy Davenport lip sync someone after seeing this. Wow!

hfallada wrote: »
    Kennedy is African-American, Kandy is Latino and Trixie is native American. So 6 of the 14 contestants are from a minority. Which is a fair representation of the US population. Someone on Reddit went on a rant about a lack of 'colour' in Rupauls Drag race once. But someone pointed out most top 6 arent 'white'. I see the need of diversity for the sake of diversity. Like the PR queens that they are only there to be the PR queens.
    See? I forgot about Kennedy. I had no idea that Kandy is Latino or Trixie is Native American. But at that, they do all look the same and I don't think their looks are distinctive enough from one another for me to be able to tell them apart.

Drag Race will be shown on TruTV from the very start in June. They have confirmed it will be uncensored and hopefully they will show Untucked too! Great news! The channel is available on Sky 565 and if you're close to the border or can get Freeview from Wales, it's on Freeview channel 68. :D

Untucked is going too! Read it on some twitter so like it must be true right? xD

They haven't confirmed Untucked yet, but I have asked them. Hopefully it will get shown right after as well and uncut, we haven't got uncut Untucked since Season 5.

Drag Race and Untucked confirmed for TruTV and uncensored!

Also, I knew I'd seen Jasmine Masters somewhere before...

tumblr_nkmhojzJ5z1sm71s5o1_500.jpg

So the runway for this week is:
    bearded runway.
    It really bothers me that Milk wore a beard and was read to filth and now that Conchita has made the bearded look popular it seems Ru is jumping on the bandwagon.

Haus of Edwards was amazing last night. Still feel a little delicate from it but must say they killed it. Couldn't get over how friendly Laganja was going around the club. When I finally got to meet Alyssa all I could do was just stare like a pillock 😂

• Advertisement

That episode was awesome! some brilliant clips and Ru gets seriously pissed off!

Advertisement