Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I can’t think it’ll do great numbers on box office who’d be bothered with it. Arthur and Yarde is a much better scrap. I think Arthur will do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 37,522 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You mean he'll actually do it this time and not get a decision he didn't deserve.

I've no idea how it will go but I'd like to see Yarde win because he was robbed the last time.

No he wasn’t. He did nothing until about round 10 and then put together a couple of half decent rounds then went after it in 12th when both knew Arthur was ahead. If Arthur had planted his feet and thrown the right hand the stopage was there too. I hard there was an injury to his right hand so if it’s good and Yarde is as passive he could well be iced.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just on the Khan-Brook con......who ya got?

I reckon if Khan can stay out of proper trouble he beats Brook late stoppage or points

Brook likely doesn't have the punches to stop Khan with one or two...he is not that type hitter. Bi too flat footed

I'd expect Khan to pitter patter his way to a points win over a slow and awkward Brook

Exactly how I see it too. Don’t think he will stop Brook but then again I’m not sure either can get through 12 rounds and it wouldn’t take a whole lot to ko either. Kahn will be far faster and I could see the fight being stopped on cuts. With the catchweight I reckon Brook will still be the more drained of the two so Kahn should be more energetic. I could well be a snorefest or one of them will be stopped on their feet in a realisation of just how passed it he/they are. I’ll not be paying for that one. 10 years ago when they were champions this would have been an excellent fight for the neutral.

Reminds me a bit of the de Gale Groves fight. It’s a shame that rematch never happened especially since it was a good fight to make right up until around 2017ish. I was surprised that they both headed off without another cash in against each other but I’m glad that by then it didn’t happen.

So yea I’ve got Kahn. The only nagging thing about that prediction is that for years Brook really wanted that fight and Kahn didn’t. More than one reason for this but it’s never great looking. Not a fan of either, for the cod of it I’d nearly prefer Brook to win. There’s a nice tangled answer!

• Advertisement

Yep....rooting for Brook...would love to see Khan blown away. He's insufferable.

Aye. They’re both pretty stupid but Kahn still talks like he’s a teenager in the olympics, referring to himself in the third person is laughable

Rogue. What you make of this HW bout? Neither are up to a whole pile I don’t think. Sokol is a good rugged competitor I’d love him to catch this boy with a big right hand. He is getting through to the body quite well.

Pretty much with you there. He’s against a rugged turkey here like. I cant stand such unjustified arrogance. The likes of Nathan Gorman would comfortably beat him.

Fox will get the nod here just about but I cant wait until he gets put in with a live opponent and gets ironed out. Surrendered the last two rounds. Poor.

• Advertisement

Denis the menace up now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'd say Inoue is quaking in his boots.

McCann is an amateur! Reminds me of Sean McComb

Very underwhelming that. Showboating when he’s beating an absolute bin is embarrassing. Child.

A young Billy Joe in the making. Lord save us.

This Nokes and Cooper is another difficult watch.

Strange stoppage there. Thnk he should have been allowed to continue.

Bradley Skeete now. Time to hit the sack!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I think he’s gonna get KO’d. Messing around with his chin out. He’s nowhere near good enough for that craic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

You gotta love it when a cocky fella gets his bell rung.

playing up the punch on the ground trying to get the win.

Hope he gets sat down here for once and for all with all his shoulder rolling cocky nonsense

Bit disappointing that. He took 3 wallops while he was on his knees and it took one on the back of the head to put him down. Should likely have been given more time to recover and a DQ wouldn’t have been harsh either. I don;t think Skeete got fair play. But that was a good fight at last tonight

That had all the intensity and skill of a white collar boxing charity contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

That should have been a disqualification.

You are not allowed to hit a boxer on the ground. It's that simple.

Skeete was hit three times while on the ground. That's very straight forward.

Overall I was very disappointed in Sheeraz, who I've been watching with interest for a while. He simply has to let his hands go. Just throw more punches. It looked like he was waiting for the perfect punch, meanwhile he was losing the fight. I still think he has serious potential, but that should be a wakeup call.

David hays post fight analysis explained why the loser of the last fight fought the perfect fight and was so impressive while the victor got it all wrong and fought a terrible fight.

Here we go! I’ll go Arthur ko

Great fight so far I reckon 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Very impressive finish from Yarde. He fought this fight the way he should have fought the last fight.

• Advertisement

Yea he was excellent. Not much point in a third fight now. Difference in levels. Enjoyed that. Seems to have been quite a how do ya do among the crowd too!

Advertisement