Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Very impressive performance from Loma. I can’t believe it went the distance after the 7th. Landslide for me. I had R1 10-10 and that’s it. Loma looked as good as ever he is just a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,675 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lomanchenko put on a clinic. Probably could have stopped him if he really wanted to. Another magnificent performance from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Loma did what he had to against a man probably 10 lbs heavier. Big strong awkward lad who has power.

Loma needs to quit the antics and let the officials do their job..

Yea I marvel at Loma’s calmness standing in the pocket, reminds me a bit of Agassi in the tennis - just special.

He would have easily finished it in the 7th himself if he hadn’t started that messing with the corner of Commey. I thought that a touch disrespectful and if not that at least risky. If Commey had caught him with one of those swings it could have been lights out for him.

Loma has always been full them silly antics. If it’s not his ridiculous and disrespectful showboating against far inferior opposition, it’s nagging referees about fouls and holding…he needs to stfu and do his job

Post edited by walshb on

• Advertisement

E£mm Not too sure I saw too much of that. I remember him complaining about a low blow that the referee acknowledged and then they fought on. Was there much more? I think encouraging an opponent’s corner to throw the towel and then putting on the brakes is a much more foolhardy approach, especially when fighting against guys who are significantly bigger than him.

Usyk did something similar against Joshua but that was only for the last 5-6 seconds of the fight. Would have been quite the mistake if Joshua had been given the decision no matter how much a robbery it would have been

My point was more career wise..

Emm I think that’s fairer but that’s maybe a consequence of moving up weights where the big lads can’t do much about him other than try to rag doll him about. When Luke took a lunge at him to try and save getting stopped and threw him to the canvass he was well within his rights to complain. When you think about the three in a row sequence where opponents quit on their stools I can’t remember the intricate detail but it doesn’t stick out that he was overly complaining. That accounts for a quarter of his fights with just a quick think. Vs Teo you do have a point. Maybe Russell Jr too? I don’t remember that fight in honesty. He was a man on a mission last night and if he is in that groove he’s a huge threat. He has a point to prove though

Will Beterbiev not have far too much for Browne?

Browne ain’t beating Beterbiev. Browne’s best win is over Badou Jack…I’d make Beterbiev a very warm favorite. Beterbiev will walk Browne down

• Advertisement

Inoue had a clear TKO win earlier today in Tokyo, defending IBF/WBA 118 lbs belts. Walked down his outgunned opponent for an 8th rd TKO. Full fight on YouTube.

Don’t think he was up against much? Surprised it went as long as 8 rounds but I mihght get watching it tonight. I think he should move up to featherweight. Nothing there to frighten him.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

How would you see Berbetiev v Canelo playing out if they ever met?

Think Canelo is smart enough to avoid that fight even if only for 18 months or so.

Canelo every day. Too polished, neat, smart, varied, adaptable.

a very tough competitive fight nonetheless

Which current fighter gives Canelo most problems

For me Joe Smith at 175 lbs…Bivol not a hope, and Yarde not a hope..

at 200 lbs I only think Breidis

Usyk said he’d come down to fight Canelo. I’d make Usyk clear favorite. Too tall, long and fit as fook as well.

160? GGG past it. Then Andrade and Charlo....no!!!

Benavidez is the fight most are calling for. I’d make Canelo clear favorite.

Really? Joe Smith Jr is biggest threat? I don't see it, Bivol beat him fairly enough.

Usyk v Canelo would be epic but Usyk beats him 99 times out of 100 so it won't happen, although Canelo would be ballsy enough for the the challenge.

Style wise Smith a bigger threat to Canelo than Bivol..

Once Usyk has had either rematch or unification assuming he loses that because if he won it then he’d be continuing at HW then I think he could be caught out by Canelo. That could be a minimum of 18 months away and by then he will be 36 and making the weight might not do him much good. On form he’d batter Canelo.

Bredis beats him for me.

I think he’d be up against it with either Bivol or Beterbiev. Dunno about SMith Jr. I think Okolie would be too strong for him too.

All great fights to see. I can’t warm to him at all. Would love to see him ironed out.

Beterbiev-Browne on Sky Sports...it is from Montreal, so a late one.

• Advertisement

Yea I think the ringwalks are around 3 our time so a late or early touch. Whatever about that on a Saturday night I’m not for doing it on Friday. Might get up an hour early to watch it and try to keep off social media. I’d say it’ll be an early night’s work for Beterbiev. KO R4/5

I'm guessing late stoppage or a points win....Browne is durable and clever and can handle himself

Post edited by walshb on

Turns out it was on main event which I do t have. Main fight seems to have been good action

Yes. Going to watch it shortly, but from what I saw, it looks good..

He’s a very powerful man but does get hit. It’s becoming quite an exciting division

Browne had very little to offer once Beterbiev got badly cut. No power on Browne’s shots…walked down and stopped

Like a super feather v a flyweight this. Tarimo too small

• Advertisement

Serrano vs. Gutierrez was some scrap.

Katie vs. Serrano should be a belter.

Advertisement