Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Canelo is the man. Started as a welterweight and now going for a belt at Cruiser. Makabu isn't the tallest Cruiser but he's very good. Most people will know him only from the Bellew fight but he's got some good wins and is on a bit of a roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gas. I actually missed the last part your post.

Just for clarity, the Andrade-Quigley fight is on earl hours Saturday, not Sunday...In case folks setting their alarm for Sunday morning.

It's on the East Coast of America, so won't be 0500 type time....more like 0230 time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fitzparker

They knew better than to o up against Top Rank Saturday night with Crawford v Porter

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Any TV networks showing it? Or just live on DAZN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Is Andy Lee barred from America or something? That's the second time this occurred now, not very helpful for Quigley.

I believe just DAZN

I'm sorted. Am subscribed to their service...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Presume it's visa issues. He couldn't travel to Fury - Wilder 3 either.

Would absolutely love to see Quigley cause the upset tonight but really struggling to see it tbh. Think he gets comprehensively beaten tbh and maybe stopped late on.

Ring walks at around 3.15am apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Didn't realize it was that late. Will watch it on catch up on DAZN.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Surely he'd be able to secure one, unless it's something covid related.

• Advertisement

Boo Boo a fast starter. Could be over early this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Dazn cancelled my sub when the price increase happened, I never renewed :( I'll catch up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Well that was an easy nights work for Andrade.

Crawford v Porter will provide a better spectacle.

Crawford on points the most likely outcome.

Quigley had nothing to offer. As I thought, early night..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Pretty piss poor stuff that. Andrade should be ashamed of the level of fighter he’s consistently fighting. Quigley had zero business being in with him.

Kind of goes with the territory of Irish fighters being so marketable I suppose that they get these undeserved big fights. Good for the fighters getting the pay days but hardly a great look how often we're getting dominated at world level these days. I see Tyrone McKenna is about to sign to fight Regis Prograis too. That's another below European level Irish fighter fighting a legit world class operator. Not going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Think he was lucky it only lasted 2 rounds. That could have bean an almighty beating and a bad stoppage. Mismatch. Roll on tonight. What’s the card like I’ve been on top of my ass all week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

Really like Shawn Porter and how he has handled his career. Has never shied away from the big challenges. Unlike many of his American PBC stablemates.

Think he'll come up short tonight though. Crawford is simply a better boxer than anyone he has met, and has real steel and spite to back it up.

Porter will come to win, but I doubt he has the same fire inside him now as he once did. I'm fairly sure Crawford still has it.

Anyone watch Riakphore there? Easy RSF for him in round 5. At 6’ 5 and 31 if he’s gonna be a CW world champion he may get on with it.

talking about him being at world level… guy is 41

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Referee just stopped the fight between Araujo who was never down, and never stopped before, and Muratalla, who was clearly on top. It's a disgrace though, no knockdown and it wasn't like Araujo wasn't fighting back.

Another fight stopped with the guy fighting away even though he was losing badly. Unreal.

• Advertisement

Some head clash there. Think it did Falcao a favour

Here we go!!!

Bud’s reach always amazes me. Huge length to those arms. I think he might get a late stoppage tonight but I love Porter great competitor. Would love to see him win too

Yeah and he took the opportunity to have it finish I think. Although it would be stupid to go on with a cut like that, could see him being blinded in one eye by the blood.

Anyway, onto the main event and I think Crawford will stop him early enough between five and seven would be my guess. He's just on a different planet to everybody else I think.

You could be right. That right hook of Crawford looks like it will get through big.

Great first two rounfs. I think I have it 1-1. Hard to score.

Decent round that for Porter. Last 10 seconds all Bud though. If there’s gonna be a KD it looks like it will be for Bud. Seemed to try to tire Porter there. Very close. I have it 3-2 Bud

It's a great fight, I have Crawford up by two right now.

Real intensity. I’m the same so up by 3 now

All those powerful body shots taking their toll on Porter now, he looks like he is starting to tire. I have Bud up by three now.

Crawford stops another guy for the first time. He's just awesome. He's smart, skillful and powerful.

Those body shots every round were to soften him up, the switch to southpaw to catch him every time he came in, just incredible intelligence in the ring.

No doubt for me he's the p4p king right now.

• Advertisement

The knockdown was always coming. As soon as Porter slowed Crawford was going to get to him. Strange stoppage though I thought he was well fit to continue even if he’d have struggled to make it through the 2 mins. I dunno what to think about that one.

Advertisement