Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Chinese take away?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Think they priced themselves out of the market. I found their food tasty but pricey and meat content was very low. A regular takeaway (Chinese /Indian /Thai) will easily do two dinners for me but not Mao. Plenty of better value around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Polar101

Used to do takeaway a lot from Mao (the black pepper beef lunchbox was great), but stopped after they increased their delivery cost to €3.75. Also, they've got Diep just around the corner so the competition is there as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah no, raging about Mao, I liked the odd takeaway from there. Not somewhere you'd really eat in unless you had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Fancied chinese food for lunch the other day (high stress morning!) but was in Dun Laoghaire - headed into Maos and ordered deep fried either prawns or shrimp in batter with spicy sauce dip. What appeared was rock hard and revoltingly slimy. Had eaten in there a few months back (evening menu) and ordered one of my chineser favourites - satay chicken which was the meanest chicken satay I'd ever gotten and somehow the clue of it being bright green should have been a warning to how poor it was going to taste. A far cry from when they first opened and gave a damn. Lovely helpful service staff but dreadful food.

Regarding chinese food from chineesers the chineser in Sutton Cross across the road from superquinn/value is INCREDIBLE. Pity its too far away from me to sit outside and stalk their chef & kidnap home to be my eternal food slave. Worth doing 20 years for. : )

Advertisement