Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Chinese take away?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

What about Host in Clonsilla?

I think it's quite nice.

Oh I forgot about Host, that's usually not bad too. Not much parking though if you are going to go collect it which puts me off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cbrlover

stevekavo wrote: »
    Eatzen in Clonee is the best I've found in d15 ( even though its just across the border in Meath ) it's worth the travel.
    mattb74 wrote: »
    Eatzen in Clonee by a country mile, you just don't get that MSG taste and the rice is always light and fluffy when ordering a takeaway, boiled rice when delivered from most other Chinese restaurants is sticky and tasteless
    Justask wrote: »
    Looks like Eatzen is the place to go.
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    No question about it. If you arent getting a delivery, ring ahead to order anyway, it can get busy

Just remember folks, this is the same place, with the same staff, that was closed down last year be the Food Safety Authority for breaches in food safety legislation.

It is hard to teach old dog new tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

miamee wrote: »
    Oh I forgot about Host, that's usually not bad too. Not much parking though if you are going to go collect it which puts me off :)

Host is decent and would be my regular spot, they do need to do something about the boiled rice though, mind you it never stops me going there! - quite embarrassing as they know me by name when I phone my order in! You could always park in the Spar car park or down in the Clonsilla Inn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

cbrlover wrote: »
    Just remember folks, this is the same place, with the same staff, that was closed down last year be the Food Safety Authority for breaches in food safety legislation.

If they managed to get themselves approved to re-open wouldn't that suggest that they got their act together and their practices are up to standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Dragon Inn in mulhuddart is a good shout. Nice and spicy and they put peas in their curry. Yum yum.
    Also a big fan of Eatzen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The Dragon Inn in mulhuddart is a good shout. Nice and spicy and they put peas in their curry. Yum yum.
    Also a big fan of Eatzen.

The Dragon Inn is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

It is hard to teach old dog new tricks.

I agree....and if a place needs a closure to bring it up to standard then I'm out....

My regular would be Aurora...once a week, chicken curry. I'm normally quite adventurous with my grub but I find Chinese take away that bad I just keep it simple. Nice curry though...(most weeks)

My only gripe is having to pay extra for chicken breast. To me it's an admission that "our regular chicken is **** so pay extra for real chicken".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

The Yu-Hong house is very popular, but the Dragon inn is also getting a very good rep. Aurora is top draw!

Google them if you're interested!

Fantastic food from this place plus the prices are great. From the outside you'd never contemplate of ever going in but its well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I love my chicken balls, curry and trio :P

I've had so many from all different takeaways over the years :o But I have to say that Roselawn's Hung Wan has the best curry and chicken balls in D15. My girlfriend likes to eat King Prawn Fried Rice and she too said Hung Wan does it best.

Dare I even go one step further, out of all the chicken balls i've ever had in Dublin. I say Hung Wan's are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Gaspode wrote: »
    If they managed to get themselves approved to re-open wouldn't that suggest that they got their act together and their practices are up to standard?

Being forced to close then reopening to regulation is one thing, but keeping to that standard is another.

On the subject, I always remember that chinese in Blakestown. Lidl is now built there. Heard the horror stories about it. But being stupid I ordered a few times from there. The last time I did I found a big long hair in my food. A realisation of "well, what did you expect" hit me :pac: ... dirty kip. Glad its gone. But the messed up thing was it was open for years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Being forced to close then reopening to regulation is one thing, but keeping to that standard is another.

On the subject, I always remember that chinese in Blakestown. Lidl is now built there. Heard the horror stories about it. But being stupid I ordered a few times from there. The last time I did I found a big long hair in my food. A realisation of "well, what did you expect" hit me :pac: ... dirty kip. Glad its gone. But the messed up thing was it was open for years.

All anyone ever ate out of there were Trios, lol. Remember it well, the Golden Time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

All anyone ever ate out of there were Trios, lol. Remember it well, the Golden Time :)

Well done, couldn't remember the name , knew it was the golden something.

They got done for cases of food poisining in the late 90's, were closed down, got in to the papers at the time.

Used to order the odd meal from them until one night ended up in the jaxx half an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    It never was in the first place. I had three meals there over an 18 month period and I would rate each occasion as worst than the last. Between poor food and lousy service I would never go there again.

Have uses Garden House for the last 15 years or more and never got anything that was bad...Recently had take away from WONGS in Castleknock as only had food in restaurant on a few occasions before that. The take away was one of the best i have had but was very pricey. I would definitely go back but not as regular as Garden House just down to the price. Special occasion or as a treat but the food was superb.

I was only in the restaurant (WONGS) ABOUT 4 times and always found the food superb, but again it was overpriced..

Nobody else find Dragon Inn a bit expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

In that case it's worth pointing out that Ming Court (already mentioned on the thread) were served with a closure order within the last two months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Anyone in the clonsilla clonee area try swords garden in ongar village it's lovely...harts town mulhuddart area the most out of place Chinese in the land aurora in tryllestown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wils110 wrote: »
    the most out of place Chinese in the land aurora in tryllestown

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

It's April first.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

cython wrote: »
    In that case it's worth pointing out that Ming Court (already mentioned on the thread) were served with a closure order within the last two months

I hadn't ordered from there in a while, nor heard of the closure so thanks for that bit of info. Thats one menu going in the recycle bin immediately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Wils110 wrote: »
    Anyone in the clonsilla clonee area try swords garden in ongar village it's lovely...harts town mulhuddart area the most out of place Chinese in the land aurora in tryllestown

Was going to try Swords Garden good to hear a good review. Will give it a shot. It was the one around the corner that prompted this thread. 3Kings. So the Swords Garden would be dead handy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

3 kings ain't as good as it was a few years back

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Millennium 2 in Castleknock is very good - I've never been let down and their portions are generous for the prices.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

I see Eatzen is getting great reviews here for take-away. Has anyone been to the actual restaurant part recently? Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Eatzen is the only Chinese I would recommend from experience. Consistently good food there (my whole family agree, and all the guests I have taken there have commented on the quality of the food). I have eaten in on a number of occasions - mostly early on a Sunday lunch serving and it has always been empty then. This means fabulous service. This matches their really good menu. Theonly places where I have eaten better chinese food is in London, where I used to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its Eatzen, without question. Tasty, fresh, hot, not heavy and gloopy like a lot of places, consistent quality

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Milliehollie

Always thought eatzen were great until last year i found a fly in my fried rice. They were not very apologetic when i phoned to complain. Offered me a credit for the rice but not for the rest of the dinner (fillet beef in black pepper sauce). Had to explain i couldnt eat the whole thing as the fried rice was mixed up with the beef. They reluctantly agreed the credit but when i tried to redeem credit the following week it became a big deal again.

Left a bad taste in my mouth after been a loyal customer for about 7 years. Havent used them since and dont think i will again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

dickwod1 wrote: »
    The Garden House in Blanch is my choice for beef curry and chicken chow mein.

The Garden House is closed!!! :( just went up last friday for grub and it was all shut.

Anyone recommend a good chinese in Blanch? not too fussy, its the curry sauce thats the winner for me. Been to foolok yrs ago, might try it the weekend.

Ended up getting chinese from Dunboyne instead... long way to go when your starvin.

Wheres good?

Anywhere in the past 57 posts? :D

Ah no, Hung Wan in Roselawn is fairly close to Garden House and nice too, IMO. I don't remember having ordered the curry there before though so I can't vouch for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Anywhere in the past 57 posts? :D

Ah no, Hung Wan in Roselawn is fairly close to Garden House and nice too, IMO. I don't remember having ordered the curry there before though so I can't vouch for that.

I'm a blanch head myself and have had tasted pretty much all of whats been listed... good and bad... nothing has been amazing though.

Hung Wan is good, had it a while ago but if i'm getting chinese I always have curry sauce and i honestly believe they keep changing it!!

Ho Wun in Dunboyne is the nicest chinese ever though, people I work with drive from navan for it, its the business so I'd probably stick with it!!

When ya get a trio the rice is always dry at the bottom in every place I've visited.

There has to be a little gem somehwere in Blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sadderday wrote: »
    There has to be a little gem somehwere in Blanch?

Wan's!!!! St. Brigid's Shopping Centre up the little lane way opposite the Seat Garage. Best Chinese in Blanch by a mile

Advertisement