Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Chinese take away?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

nudger wrote: »
    Breadcrumbs I would have thought, never had battered ones, guessing you got battered. :D

Name and shame.:)

Yep got a tray of battered mushrooms with gloopy garlic sauce smothered over... yuck...

Romayo's in Blanchardstown Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

January wrote: »
    Mushrooms with garlic and breadcrumb over them
    This, although I hate mushrooms with a passion so would never order them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I don't like Wangs, very bland food, one main didn't even have much of a sauce.

The Rising Phoenix gets my vote.

Although not D15 they would deliver, they were good, closed down today.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Just thought I'd revive this thread given that Eatzen has changed management and fine to the dogs almost overnight. :(

Not sure what they're putting in it but the last two times my wife and I have eaten food from there we've both ended up with heart palpitations afterwards.

I'm guessing a bucket of MSG or similar, but everything has just gone down in quality, so I'm looking elsewhere for something better if anyone has any suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm still looking for a Chinese too since Wans closed down. Foo Lok and Garden House both disappointed me twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hung Wan in Roselawn sc isn't bad

nikpmup wrote: »
    Hung Wan in Roselawn sc isn't bad

I've never been impressed with there...Millenium in Castleknock is ok but that's about as good as it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Went to swords garden in Ongar tonight and it was pretty good all things considered. Different, but good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

There was no Chinese takeaway to equal Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

vibe666 wrote: »
    Went to swords garden in Ongar tonight and it was pretty good all things considered. Different, but good. :)

Their shredded beef in pattaya sauce is really quite nice. I always like their rice too, the grains separate easily after you take it out of the container, in some other takeaways you just get one big lump of rice that you could slice and eat with a knife and fork :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I don't like Wangs, very bland food, one main didn't even have much of a sauce.

The Rising Phoenix gets my vote.

They have just reopened after renovations as the Phoenix Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

DRAGON INN.

Yep got a tray of battered mushrooms with gloopy garlic sauce smothered over... yuck...

Romayo's in Blanchardstown Village.

Same again in Dario's Coolmine the other night... where oh where can I get garlic breaded mushrooms!?

Same again in Dario's Coolmine the other night... where oh where can I get garlic breaded mushrooms!?

Not in a Chinese Takeaway thread ;)

athtrasna wrote: »
    Not in a Chinese Takeaway thread ;)

Meh, I complained about it before :p I just want my damn proper garlic mushrooms! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Fancy a takeaway tonight...where are people recommending?

Did you read the thread?

lol, ya! But there doesn't seem to be one overwhelming winner. Went with Foo Lok in the end.

neemish wrote: »
    lol, ya! But there doesn't seem to be one overwhelming winner. Went with Foo Lok in the end.

Verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

neemish wrote: »

best choice imo.
    Tried to cheat on them again a while ago, and didn't like it :D

• Advertisement

ibstar wrote: »
    best choice imo.
    Tried to cheat on them again a while ago, and didn't like it :D
    I've been cheating on them with Hung Wun for a while now... made the right choice.

I've been cheating on them with Hung Wun for a while now... made the right choice.

tried them before. The food wasn't as spiced as I like it. Also the prices were a killer compare to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

The greatest Chinese takeaway of all time was relieving the Brits of Hong Kong :D

ibstar wrote: »
    tried them before. The food wasn't as spiced as I like it. Also the prices were a killer compare to others.

The hot black pepper sauce is a lot spicier than Foo Loks, IMO anyway! They also put mushrooms in it as standard, which is yum!

The hot black pepper sauce is a lot spicier than Foo Loks, IMO anyway! They also put mushrooms in it as standard, which is yum!

will need to give them another chance

Wasn't that impressed to be honest. Felt like an OD of MSG. Had sweet and sour chicken, and it just didn't do it for me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Magic Wok in Hartstown is OK.

Best thing about it is I'm used to it.... eating from another Chinese always tastes funny. That, and it's on the walk home from the pub. The Dad single-handedly keeps the place open. Singapore noodles arent bad out of there - but can be a bit greasy.

I'm back to being a Hung Wun fan...on recommendations here I got fillet of beef in black pepper sauce last night, ordered with extra black pepper and it was almost as good as Wan's used to be. Phew :D

athtrasna wrote: »
    I'm back to being a Hung Wun fan...on recommendations here I got fillet of beef in black pepper sauce last night, ordered with extra black pepper and it was almost as good as Wan's used to be. Phew :D

Woooo Hung Wun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Not sure if already mentioned, but Eatzen in Clonee is now called Galaxy? I haven't been in Clonee for a while, when did this happen, and have Eatzen closed the restaurant upstairs?

Advertisement