Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Chinese take away?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Kings Garden in Dunboyne, they deliver to Blanch, I have never had a bad meal from them, always top notch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Not sure if already mentioned, but Eatzen in Clonee is now called Galaxy? I haven't been in Clonee for a while, when did this happen, and have Eatzen closed the restaurant upstairs?

Galaxy have been on Just Eat.ie for a good few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Tried Hung Wun twice last week and was pretty impressed. Good prices also. I like the open Kitchen and it looks well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Not sure if already mentioned, but Eatzen in Clonee is now called Galaxy? I haven't been in Clonee for a while, when did this happen, and have Eatzen closed the restaurant upstairs?
    just changed hands as far as i could see, but they've already made shyte of it, food is nowhere near as good. been going to swords garden in ongar since then. not bad and they don't over-season their food too much, but not everything is as good as it could be.

might try that one in dunboyne and see how that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

Sat down for a meal on Sat night in Ho Wun Dunboyne ( restaurant directly over their take away ), waiting a poxy hour between starter and main course, nobody else in the place, and to top it off, they were feeding us with 300ml bottles of Bud, you know the ones, 15€ for a box of 20 in any supermarket. Gangsters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Yeah I used to love eatzen
    Tried the new place a few times and it's not great which is a pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Ordered from Wangs tonight and was so impressed. Arrived early, hot, really nice delivery guy and the food was delicious. Top marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Have been ordering more from Foo lok recently. Hung wun is also pretty good.
    Garden House went down hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Saruman wrote: »
    Have been ordering more from Foo lok recently.
    Garden House went down hill.
    Have also switched to Foo lok from Garden House but tried the Millenium last week and wouldn't order from there again. Their crispy chicken was like chewy rubber, awful stuff. Foo lok's is amazing in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Can't believe MAGIC WOK has only been mentioned once in this whole thread. Great food, been getting take away since it opened and never a bad dish. I like variety so get something different every time. Love it, have tried other places but always go back.

Also GINSING is a good choice for food on the go, very inexpensive and can also get take away too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Went back to Wangs tonight, same experience, great food, speedy service (both times I've ordered online and food has arrived hot and 20 minutes earlier than the delivery estimate), and lovely delivery guy. Think I'm a convert ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ok I was with holding posting until I gave it a try a couple of times (3 meals in total now).
    There is a new Indian Restaurant/Take Out/Delivery in Clonsilla, Spice of India is the name, myself and the missus eat healthy apart from on a Friday, we have our take out for dinner. We have had Spice of India 3 times now and I can say that it is absolutely fabulous, always fresh, quick delivery, really good portions and nice delivery guys. The 3 times was different meals each time and were all perfect and gorgeous flavour. The Naan bread and Poppadum's are also fresh, I cant recommend it enough.

billie1b wrote: »
    Ok I was with holding posting until I gave it a try a couple of times (3 meals in total now).
    There is a new Indian Restaurant/Take Out/Delivery in Clonsilla, Spice of India is the name, myself and the missus eat healthy apart from on a Friday, we have our take out for dinner. We have had Spice of India 3 times now and I can say that it is absolutely fabulous, always fresh, quick delivery, really good portions and nice delivery guys. The 3 times was different meals each time and were all perfect and gorgeous flavour. The Naan bread and Poppadum's are also fresh, I cant recommend it enough.

That's in the old Shimla building I think... Thread below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057181845&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 2 micka153

Omg I just got a spice bag from foo lok and its the best one in blanchardstown, it was very tasty :) its was only six euros and u get loads, I would recommend this place to anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Wangs in Coolmine are giving 30% off all orders over €15 on thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 blackdoty18

I love Chungs in Mountview ....the shredded chicken with garlic n chilli is yummy....my fellow loves the Singapore chow mein....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Well just to throw a negative into the thread, I recently went to Host in Ongar (formerly Three Kings, management changed recently) and was not impressed. Firstly I waited nearly 25 minutes for my order (just one meal for myself), and when I finally got it (after asking the nice young girl behind the counter to see where it was), it just wasn't up to scratch. The spring roll was extremely greasy, and the chicken fried rice was just....ok. Nothing special, and tasted pretty bland. Tellingly, the phone was not ringing much and there didn't seem to be any delivery drivers coming or going in the almost half-hour I was there.

Sadly I don't think I'll be going back, which was a pity, as I liked Three Kings.

Well it is only a new store, which is why it could be quiet. I ate from there last week and liked it (2 euro spice bag day :D ), better than their one in Clonsilla anyway.

I stick with Foo lok when I want curry or salt and chilli chicken.

Hung Wun for the black pepper sauce.

Wangs for when I just want Won Ton's, chips and chicken balls with satay sauce.

Tried and tested guys. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

January wrote: »
    Well it is only a new store, which is why it could be quiet.

It was quiet, but I still waited 25 minutes for my order ;) also surely they would have had an established clientele from Three Kings, which was always fairly busy whenever I went in there....

But anyway, one bad experience may not be the sum of the place, but it soured it for me after years of consistent fast service and nice food from Three Kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

If you order from the Dragon Inn, they are at your door before you put the phone down.

I'm exaggerating of course but they are no more than 10 minutes. Giulios in Mulhuddart village is fairly sharpish also.

• Advertisement

If you order from the Dragon Inn, they are at your door before you put the phone down.

I'm exaggerating of course but they are no more than 10 minutes. Giulios in Mulhuddart village is fairly sharpish also.

See that kind of scares me. How can they cook the food and get it to you that quickly? Dragon Inn is nice though.

January wrote: »
    See that kind of scares me. How can they cook the food and get it to you that quickly? Dragon Inn is nice though.

I sometimes walk in to the Dragon and order, then get my food literally three minutes later.

They are basically efficient at what they do. Everything must be appeared in advance and a quick dip and fry does the trick.

Their food is top draw and very fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Went to Host in Ongar village last weekend, first time I'd ever gotten food there, both myself & herself were v.impressed with both the quality & quantity of food. The portions were bigger than expected & I genuinely couldn't finish a hot chilli chicken & boiled rice... same with herself & the tofu in black bean with boiled rice, even though from a taste perspective we could have carried on eating no bother.... will definitely try them again when getting Chinese food.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Went to Host in Ongar village last weekend, first time I'd ever gotten food there, both myself & herself were v.impressed with both the quality & quantity of food. The portions were bigger than expected & I genuinely couldn't finish a hot chilli chicken & boiled rice... same with herself & the tofu in black bean with boiled rice, even though from a taste perspective we could have carried on eating no bother.... will definitely try them again when getting Chinese food.

I might give it a shot this weekend. I'm a 10 minute walk from it.

micka153 wrote: »
    Omg I just got a spice bag from foo lok and its the best one in blanchardstown, it was very tasty :) its was only six euros and u get loads, I would recommend this place to anyone..

Tried this last week on your recommendation - have to admit there was loads of food for the price and it was nice at first but after a few bites the amount of salt was overpowering. Heart Attack in a bag. Half it went in the bin - perhaps would be far better with or after pints.

I really like the food and sauces from Hung Wun in Roselawn but they tend to put no veg into any meat chow mein dishes. I had the chicken Chow Mein last night and the meat was very poor quality and there was absolutely no veg - not even onion. I know Diep does some good dishes but it is expensive so does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives around the area for a good noodle dish with both meat and veg.

One other annoyance is that Hung Wun cook the food really quickly and then leave it sitting out as they don't even have insulated boxes to store food in until the driver or customer arrives for pickup. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Any Japanese takeaway around apart from Wagamama?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

AlanG wrote: »
    ... does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives around the area for a good noodle dish with both meat and veg.

I like the breast of chicken chow mein from Garden House Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Foo Lok in Blanchardstown and I know it's not in D.15 but it does deliver to some areas in D.15. and it is called Ho Wun Chinese in Dunboyne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

AlanG wrote: »
    I really like the food and sauces from Hung Wun in Roselawn but they tend to put no veg into any meat chow mein dishes. I had the chicken Chow Mein last night and the meat was very poor quality and there was absolutely no veg - not even onion. I know Diep does some good dishes but it is expensive so does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives around the area for a good noodle dish with both meat and veg.

One other annoyance is that Hung Wun cook the food really quickly and then leave it sitting out as they don't even have insulated boxes to store food in until the driver or customer arrives for pickup. :mad:

Wangs in coolmine do a nice spicy stir fry plus their chow mein is faultless.

Advertisement