Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

First 4 passed.. delighted is not even the word!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

I failed both constitutional and eu, the last two I had to sit. Feeling like I'm never going to finish these exams now and completely devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Boomtown! Passed my final one. Such a weight off the shoulders after 3 years of doing these. If any of you are unlucky this morning just persevere and don't lose heart. In time, you will have all 8 done too.
    Would like to thank everyone on this board who helped me out along the way. Very much appreciated.

Over and out!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crosshair12

Nailed company, contract and constitutional in the face. Went down in EU, as expected. Only 2 left...

To the contributors here who constantly preached the importance of Eoin Carolan's Constitutional seminars, I dedicate my 65% to you!

Nailed company, contract and constitutional in the face. Went down in EU, as expected. Only 2 left...

To the contributors here who constantly preached the importance of Eoin Carolan's Constitutional seminars, I dedicate my 65% to you!

Anyone doing Constitutional next time...The importance of this seminar cannot be stressed enough.

65% Absolutely brilliant mark from a notoriously tough marker, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭GusherING

I'm going to be short two hobbies now that I'm done.

No more studying for FE1s - won't miss that.

No longer a need to spend hours reading this thread either though. It's been a great little support group so thanks to all who post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Anyone doing Constitutional next time...The importance of this seminar cannot be stressed enough.

65% Absolutely brilliant mark from a notoriously tough marker, well done!

I didn't attend the seminar and was worrying about this and that EC was a tough marker. But I got 70% in the exam so it seems you can get by without the seminar. Thankfully! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

Caoileann wrote: »
    I failed both constitutional and eu, the last two I had to sit. Feeling like I'm never going to finish these exams now and completely devastated.

Sorry to hear that, keep going, these are very tough exams and if you have 6 passed you're more than capable, you will get them in October! :)

sally01 wrote: »
    I didn't attend the seminar and was worrying about this and that EC was a tough marker. But I got 70% in the exam so it seems you can get by without the seminar. Thankfully! :)

Fenton, Jesus Christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Probably advisable to go to the seminar IF YOU CAN. However this isnt possible for everyone, or most tbh. But like the poster above, I got circa 70 without it. In my opinion past papers, manuals and keeping up to date with current constitutional law cases is you main concern. How much of the seminar's touchings actually came up in this sittings paper anyway?

• Advertisement

Could someone send me a link to the forum for selling these manuals/past papers etc. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Darren07

Hey Guys, well done to all who passed and who have finished all exams! Had two left, EU & Equity. Passed EU ( Miracle with that paper) but got only 45% in Equity :(. It is the only one I have left. In any of your valued opinion, is it worth a re-check as it is my last.

Thanks guys.

Of course it is. Weighing it up, you have the cost of the recheck, the possibility of passing on recheck, and the fact that rechecks almost always bring up the mark versus the burden of sitting again, the cost of such and the fact that you will be kicking yourself in october if you do resit and its a nightmare exam. If u have the cash, recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jojam1298

Darren07 wrote: »
    Hey Guys, well done to all who passed and who have finished all exams! Had two left, EU & Equity. Passed EU ( Miracle with that paper) but got only 45% in Equity :(. It is the only one I have left. In any of your valued opinion, is it worth a re-check as it is my last.

Thanks guys.

I am thinking the same, I got 45 in tort but I dont know whether or not to get it rechecked as the last sitting i got a 46 in a result, rechecked and it came back the same, its hard to know what to do.

Well done to all who have all 8 passed i cannot wait until that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Atlantic Titanium

Aw guys delighted for those who passed. you must be thrilled to say the least :))

it's a spectacular failure for me though. i sat my first 5 subjects and i failed every single one of them... i had too many other things going on and just didn't get enough time to prepare... although i hoped that i might pass one or two. but no, not even close.

will be getting back to the books on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

Aw guys delighted for those who passed. you must be thrilled to say the least :))

it's a spectacular failure for me though. i sat my first 5 subjects and i failed every single one of them... i had too many other things going on and just didn't get enough time to prepare... although i hoped that i might pass one or two. but no, not even close.

will be getting back to the books on monday.

Harsh luck Atlantic. But take it as a trial run, you now know what to expect in terms of answer technique, time management etc. which really does help. Best of luck with the study - take a while to chill first though! Get the exam reports when they are published, they will give you a bit of guidance at least. Im facing a few repeats in Oct as well, horrible feeling but Im sure after a few sociables this weekend I wont feel so bad! Have a good one regardless! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 leitrimjoe90

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Probably advisable to go to the seminar IF YOU CAN. However this isnt possible for everyone, or most tbh. But like the poster above, I got circa 70 without it. In my opinion past papers, manuals and keeping up to date with current constitutional law cases is you main concern. How much of the seminar's touchings actually came up in this sittings paper anyway?

quite a bit...i think attending that really helped me as in one or two questions the facts sort of similarly replicated some of the top 10 cases...

passed constitutional with a 56 this time up from 45...thanks to all the people on here (cringe as it sounds) couldn't have done it without you...jc, chops sor. etc also if anyone is going for a review course for con law i'd recommend city with Brendan Foley, plus a lot of extra reading from west law, i paid for both city and independent and independent was well short of the mark, rarely responding to a phone call or email...chin up to those who didn't get them but it can be done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭KoukiKeith

Is there a worse feeling than 2 passed, 2 failed on first sitting?! Disgusted. 41% in Tort. No point in breaking out the ifs & buts BUUUUUUUUUT had bloody Trespass to Person come up like it should've done, I reckon I'd be sitting here with three in the bag.

Round 2 in Oct :(

Can some1 post link to fe1 manual selling thread

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can some1 post link to fe1 manual selling thread
    Could someone send me a link to the forum for selling these manuals/past papers etc. Cheers

No text speak.

Please don't post the same thing twice, on the same page, particularly when what you're looking for is one of the other main threads in this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Hope everyone is happy after this morning!!
    I'm not so much but anyway..

What are peoples' opinions on Rechecks??
    Has anyone had any experience with them or heard of people that have???

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Atlantic Titanium

Harsh luck Atlantic. But take it as a trial run, you now know what to expect in terms of answer technique, time management etc. which really does help. Best of luck with the study - take a while to chill first though! Get the exam reports when they are published, they will give you a bit of guidance at least. Im facing a few repeats in Oct as well, horrible feeling but Im sure after a few sociables this weekend I wont feel so bad! Have a good one regardless! ;)

Thanks.
    yeah, no point crying over spilled milk ;)

feel a bit down but with a few things planned over weekend hope to get over this.
    need to plan my time and the volume of studying better.

Hope your October run will be a better one as well. you know your weak points, you'll have time to improve them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

To those who failed:

I've been there before, this time last year I didn't get the magic 3 and I was gutted. Went on then in October to get 4/4 and got EU and Const this sitting giving me 6/8, so I only have two left.

Persevere, you will get there. The studying won't be as hard this time either as you will have went over a lot of it already, stick to figuring out how the exam is usually set - an example in equity, for specific performance you will notice there is only really 3 or 4 types of questions they can and do ask, take note of this. Above all else, leave no topics out, do them all or 90% of them and you can't go wrong really.

Don't get down over them, feel bad for today, then relax for a few weeks, even the rest of this month or 6 weeks, then get cracking again. You will get there, many have been many in your position before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Passed all 4!Yay!50 on the button for Tort,but a pass is a pass!

Christ,I was a silly goose,I mixed up the dates for Equity and Property.Thanks to my goddamn hero of a mammy who brought up notes at 6am the day of the property exam,I passed that too.

I'm getting drunk this weekend!:D:D:D

Silly goose ;-) I left home without the Act on the day I did Company - 75 miles up the road in Portlaoise I glanced at the back seat wondering where the effin thing was, and that sinking vision of it on the table at home came over me. Had it not been a motorway I would have done a 180 and come back six months later, but I carried on dreaming up strategies...coaxed the boss man of the invigilators to lend me one, and it took some coaxing....and passed!

Delighted to see so many of you sorted out this time - commiserations to those whose answers were so brilliant the examiners didn't appreciate the subtleties and nuances on this occasion...get back up on the bike, I got two at the first attempt but eventually potted the 8-ball so it can be done. Persevere....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

This question is a little off-topic, but next year I'l be going in to second year of my law degree and I have a choice of subjects to pick from. I'm just wondering what are the subjects you have to have covered in your degree? As in Tort, Constitutional, Contract....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Passed all three i did delighted!! 6/8 now so just the two left n oct! SO HAPPY didnt think id pass all three . . .third time lucky for contract so glad i dont have to do it again!! Few juicers the weekend whoop whoop!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

This question is a little off-topic, but next year I'l be going in to second year of my law degree and I have a choice of subjects to pick from. I'm just wondering what are the subjects you have to have covered in your degree? As in Tort, Constitutional, Contract....

You don't HAVE to have covered any subjects in your law degree. But choosing the subjects that are the same as the Fe-1 subjects will help you when it comes to sitting the Fe-1 exams i.e Constitutional, EU, Tort, Contract, Criminal, Land, Equity, Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

If you are dead-dead-serious about this, and assuming you haven't a degree already - do the preliminary exam in the law society, and start whacking down the FE1s while you are still in college and exam-fit, to coin a phrase. If you get it absolutely right and work your butt off, it's theoretically possible to start in Blackhall Place the autumn after your college finals, subject of course to getting a traineeship. If you did four FE1s the October after Year 2 in College, you then have three more sittings to get the rest before you graduate. I think that's the ultimate and optimum strategy to save years off your time from starting college to qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 c.k28

Hi, I am just wondering would anyone have any sample company law problem questions on the topic of receivership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Fe1stresser

Hi everyone,

Sat all 8 and passed 4, failed 4. Bit disappointed since I was pretty sure I had a good shot at 6 but can I just ask about the marking?

I am totally baffled. My highest was 61% in constitutional. I got 54% in equity and 50 in both criminal and tort. I thought I had aced criminal and I mean aced. My dream paper! I sat it in October 2012 and got 62% and there was no comparison between the standard of that paper and one in March- March was way better. But I suppose none of that matters.

But Company- I got 35%....Like wtf???? I answered 5 questions- 2 great, 1 ok and then 2 not great....but I mean that's a bad fail....

Can anyway shed some light on the way Courtney marks? I'm a good judge of exams and while I was disappointed by the way the exam went ( my own fault...I had spent all the previous week cramming for EU) I thought at least something in the high 40s.

Sorry, I know there are some of you who didn't get the required 3...but if its any consolation I'm convinced these exams have virtually no academic merit and are marked in a really arbitrary manner. From my own experience there is very little consistency in the way in which the examiners mark the papers

Any advice appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement