Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Grats

Any word of the team?

I posted the team during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Grats wrote: »
    I posted the team during the week!

Thought what you posted was your "suggested" team? Since when do they announce the team during the week anyway?

Thought what you posted was your "suggested" team? Since when do they announce the team during the week anyway?

Joking!

According to Clare forum this is the team per program. I copied it exactly as posted. Strange line out!

Kilkenny team as per program

Heritage Conor Fogarty Michael Walsh Brian Kennedy Joey Holden Lester Ryan Paul Murphy Cillian Buckley Padraig Walsh Shefflin Colin Fennelly Larkin Jonjoe Farrell Mark Kelly Walter Walsh

Subs Eoin Murphy Tyrell Tommy Walsh Wilie Phelan Shane Prendergast David Langton Padraig Phelan Aidan Fogarty Liam Ryan Joe Brennan Thomas Breen

Clare Team as per program

Tuohy Morey Dillon McInerney Bugler Donnellan O'Connor Conor Ryan Galvin Conlon Kelly Golden O'Donnell McGrath Colin Ryan

Subs

Pat Kelly Browne Flanagan O'Donovan Nicky O'Connell Markham Malone Tots Reidy Podge Peter Duggan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Now that we're into the regular schedule, with games on Sundays, I assume we'll get back into the routine of the team being announced after training on Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

According to Clare forum this is the team per program. I copied it exactly as posted. Strange line out!

Kilkenny team as per program

Heritage Conor Fogarty Michael Walsh Brian Kennedy Joey Holden Lester Ryan Paul Murphy Cillian Buckley Padraig Walsh Shefflin Colin Fennelly Larkin Jonjoe Farrell Mark Kelly Walter Walsh

Subs Eoin Murphy Tyrell Tommy Walsh Wilie Phelan Shane Prendergast David Langton Padraig Phelan Aidan Fogarty Liam Ryan Joe Brennan Thomas Breen

Very strange indeed. Can't see it panning out that way. A lot of new players that I wouldn't be too familiar with myself there as well, should be very interesting how they fare against this Clare team (although they wont be strangers by any means).

Kilkenny Team to play Clare Allianz National Hurling League 16th Feb 2014

1 David Herity Dunnamaggin
    2 Conor Fogarty Erins Own
    3 Michael Walsh Young Irelands
    4 Brian Kennedy St Lactains
    5 Joey Holden Ballyhale
    6 Lester Ryan Clara
    7 Paul Murphy Danesfort
    8 Cillian Buckley Dicksboro
    9 Padraig Walsh Tullaroan
    10 Henry Shefflin Ballyhale Shamrocks
    11 Colin Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
    12 Eoin Larkin James Stephens
    13 Jonjo Farrell Thomastown
    14 Mark Kelly O'Loughlin Gaels
    15 Walter Walsh Tullogher Rosbercon

16 Eoin Murphy Glenmore
    17 Jackie Tyrrell James Stephens
    18 Tommy Walsh Tullaroan
    19 Willie Phelan Dunnamaggin
    20 Shane Prendergast Clara
    21 David Langton Clara
    22 Padraig Phelan Emeralds
    23 Aidan Fogarty Emeralds
    24 Liam Ryan Clara
    25 Joe Brennan St Patricks
    26 Thomas Breen St Martins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

if thats the kk team that starts clare will win bt 10 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Very strange indeed. Can't see it panning out that way. A lot of new players that I wouldn't be too familiar with myself there as well, should be very interesting how they fare against this Clare team (although they wont be strangers by any means).

That's the team that has been announced tonight. Can see Cody putting a stop to issuing teams for programmes mid week-either that's what he intends the team to be or its a dummy team knowing that some people have no concept of professional confidentiality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Lester Ryan named at Centre back is an interesting one I think. Interesting to see how it works out

I think that the backs named for sunday are somewhat of an experiment against Clare.....their speed is what won the All-Ireland last season......the only way to defend speed is with speed......we'll see how the younger, more nimble guys cope with the Clare attack

That's the team that has been announced tonight. Can see Cody putting a stop to issuing teams for programmes mid week-either that's what he intends the team to be or its a dummy team knowing that some people have no concept of professional confidentiality.

The team should be announced when it has been sent for printing. That would avoid any leakages.

if thats the kk team that starts clare will win bt 10 pts.

Kilkenny have an ageing team.....new guys need to start somewhere, and the league is the place to do it.

If Cody doesn't give new players real action (league, not Walsh cup)....we'll end up like the Cork team of a couple of years ago.

ollie that full back line is slower than the old guys, that walsh lad full back is a poor intermediate club hurler.

The team should be announced when it has been sent for printing. That would avoid any leakages.

Or the people involved should be more professional...6 of one etc..

I think that the backs named for sunday are somewhat of an experiment against Clare.....their speed is what won the All-Ireland last season......the only way to defend speed is with speed......we'll see how the younger, more nimble guys cope with the Clare attack

Experimental for sure. Still many options for switching between midfield and half backs.

Or the people involved should be more professional...6 of one etc..

In fairness now the guys selling the programs aren't professionals. When they receive their allocation they will do what most of us would do.

ollie that full back line is slower than the old guys, that walsh lad full back is a poor intermediate club hurler.

Yes but the Clare threat stems from quick movement from midfield through the half-forwards

The chap has been doing great up to now. Of course he has bigger tests ahead but he deserves his chance based on games to date.

• Advertisement

If you seen him play club hurling last year you wouldnt have him anywhere near the set up, not good enough and either is fogarty beside him.

Seeing as Cody is in experimental mode especially with the backs, a lad I am very surprised not to see in there is Richie Doyle who is a great talent and definately is someone who needs games to show it

The chap has been doing great up to now. Of course he has bigger tests ahead but he deserves his chance based on games to date.

Id agree with you there he has beeen doing well up to now especially when hes being kept in the team and he could be sort of lad who plays better in a good team. But I must admit that Ive seen a lot of Gowran over the last few years with my own club playing against them including last year the two relegation games and not once did he stand out for me I will admit that. I never knew who he was before he got the call up this year

If you seen him play club hurling last year you wouldnt have him anywhere near the set up, not good enough and either is fogarty beside him.

Did you see him with Kilkenny in four matches so far this year? I honestly cannot decide how good/bad he may be but he has done nothing wrong so far. We may as well test him against the best now. I would imagine Cody saw him play with Gowran and decided he might fit the bill. Fingers crossed for young Walsh is his biggest test to date.

Think you're being harsh on Fogarty-has huge potential and massive work rate

if he cant hack it in a poor kk inter club cship he wont last long on the county team, i cant believe cody has him in there, better he is found out straight away i spose. c fogarty showed last he aint good enough either. whats the story with richie doyle?

if he cant hack it in a poor kk inter club cship he wont last long on the county team, i cant believe cody has him in there, better he is found out straight away i spose. c fogarty showed last he aint good enough either. whats the story with richie doyle?

Did you see young Walsh with Kilkenny and if so, what did you think? He surely deserves a run against the big guys based on his performances to date?

why does he deserve to be in there in the first place? he was brutal on a bad club team that almost went junior a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Philip82

Is Herity our No 1 Goalkeeper again??? I know Eoin has been playing out field with the colleges and for Glenmore, I wonder is a reason for keeping him on the line, (especially as a young upcoming talent crying out for games), because he is not 100% commited to the No 1 jersey????

• Advertisement

fogarty was destroyed against dublin last year, too slow especially for the corner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement