Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Loungers did Next... [off topic chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Stheno wrote: »
    Didn't get the job. :( Not unhappy as to why lost out to an internal candidate was the only reason so were they not in the frame I'd have gotten it.

Been offered a very exciting opportunity in my current role which I'm very interested in tho!

Aw sorry to hear that Stheno.

Good news on your current job though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Hard luck Stheno,so much to go through and all.
    PB don't worry a jot about your shorts,everyone else is caught up in themselves anyway. Besides you probably look hot in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Sorry to hear that stheno, at least it removes your dilemma though!

Pixiebean definitely wear your leggings, if it makes exercise more comfortable then my god, go for it!

Meant to go to bed at half ten. Like every night this week, I didn't. Gah, could do with some decent sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Didn't get the job. :( Not unhappy as to why lost out to an internal candidate was the only reason so were they not in the frame I'd have gotten it.

Been offered a very exciting opportunity in my current role which I'm very interested in tho!

Me either :(

I'm sorry you didn't get yours :(

My legs are in bits from that 30 day shred. I can't sit if I'm standing, can't stand if I'm sitting, I squatted to look at something on the bottom shelf in boots today and thought I'd be stuck there for the rest of my life :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

misslt wrote: »
    My legs are in bits from that 30 day shred. I can't sit if I'm standing, can't stand if I'm sitting, I squatted to look at something on the bottom shelf in boots today and thought I'd be stuck there for the rest of my life :p

I'm planning on starting this Tuesday, as in I bought it a few months ago, put it in the dvd player and watched it and then neglected to a)actually do it and b) remove it from the player, so now I have no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

xLexie wrote: »
    I worded it wrong but you know when you stab into it, it's cake, the whole way through, whereas say with meringue it's like more airy. Sponge cake is rotten, just eat the icing off it!

What icing is on it?? I'm confused.
    Lyaiera wrote: »
    Money I don't have unfortunately

Elvery's do free gait analysis. The shin splints are minor temporary setback, you can keep up the C25k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

What icing is on it?? I'm confused.
    Sorry I have an awful habit of losing concentration mid way through a post and not finishing what I'm saying. It's usually sponge cake that's buried beneth layers of nice things.
    I still get birthday cake every year, scrape the buttercream off it and give most of the cake to the dog.
    Recently at my friends babies christening the cake came out (biscuit) and the icing was that hard bendy one, that was good too but the cake was muck.

I put myself off chocolate biscuit cake to be honest. I used to like it until I made it. I'm not an advocate for healthy living, far from it, but I'm cringing thinking about the amount of butter it requires. Ugh! Aint nobody got the arteries for dat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Posy wrote: »
    I used to love that series of books! :)

That's why I picked the name! :)
    Looking for some advice ladies.

I've been at the gym nearly 3 months now and it's going well, lost nearly 1.5 stone and can see my body really changing. I normally wear tracksuit bottoms but I'm always roasting in them and they do kind of catch when i'm doing certain movements. I bought a pair of those sports leggings, they're thicker than normal leggings and i've checked, they're not see-through at all. My question is, I'm a size 15 (lol) and i'm just wondering, do you think it's okay for me to wear them even though i'm not a skinny minny?

Wear your leggings! I used to find full tracksuit bottoms too hot for aerobics, and shorts, well, too short for when we did stretching! I love the legging-type bottoms. I'm 14/16 on the bottom too. Sometimes I wear a long-ish top, so it covers my bum, that makes me more comfortable.

Sorry you didn't get the job but well done on getting the other offer! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sorry you didn't get the job Stheno but Yay for other opportunity

wear the leggings, though I have to say the cutoffs I got for running ages back are really comfy and light

day 2 of tutorial, I'm already so tired I can't type and we haven't started yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I know I'm a bit late but...

brand new thread...

like new, clean sheets.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Neyite wrote: »
    Ooops! Now that you mention it, Jesuits have the black robes and Franciscans have the brown. Duh! Silly me.

:pac: I made the same mistake at home and got the pity eyes from Mike. grrrr!

Nother old white guy. Meh.

Sorry misslt and Stheno on not getting your jobs. It could lead to something else in the future, you never know.

@bluey, when's your feis again? How's your sore throat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Went to the Marc Jacobs event in BT2 last night, had a great time :) Free cocktails and got to meet the Diet Coke Hunk from the ad.

Heading to Limerick on Friday to sort out an evening course with Urban Decay.. So many exciting things :)

The plan for today is to relax and do some blogging. Hope all you ladies are good :)

Can't wear cut offs with the scarring on my leg.

Wearing a jacket to court today that didn't fit last time we were in court. Victory!

The OH's grandad's operation went really well apparently, he is being moved out of the ICU up to the cardiology unit already. I know the recovery will be tough, but I'm so relieved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I got turned down for a job yesterday too. Fed up of applying at this point. I want to get into a better situation but no one is willing to give me the break.

Playing the waiting game today. Waiting for my MRI scan results to see if I have a problem in my spine. I am actually not sure if I want them to find something or not. If they find nothing then I am doing the Shalalala special again... having something that no one can diagnose or treat. PAIN IN THE ARSE.

Also spent much of yesterday crying because being under house arrest is just getting too much for me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

That's fantastic news Ivy!

My dad has decided to keep what's wrong with him just to ourselves, not telling his nieces/nephews... Well on our way into the oncology unit this morning he ran straight into his niece that works in the hospital. Can do nothing in this stupid town without everybody knowing your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

xLexie wrote: »
    That's fantastic news Ivy!

My dad has decided to keep what's wrong with him just to ourselves, not telling his nieces/nephews... Well on our way into the oncology unit this morning he ran straight into his niece that works in the hospital. Can do nothing in this stupid town without everybody knowing your business.

Yeah Ireland is ridiculous like that! Friend of mine was having an early pregnancy scan way before they wanted to tell anyone and there were THREE couples they knew in the waiting room!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why why whyyyyyyy do people ring places at the most inappropriate times? ringing a company for a detailed breakdown of something pretty complicated while you're A. driving and B. have a screaming child in the car is beyond me, and then complain you cant hear me. You rang me! Or like the woman the other day who rang to pay a bill while running for a bus, as in literally huffing her way down some street in Dublin trying to call out her credit card details, jesus wept some people have zero common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

krudler wrote: »
    Why why whyyyyyyy do people ring places at the most inappropriate times? ringing a company for a detailed breakdown of something pretty complicated while you're A. driving and B. have a screaming child in the car is beyond me, and then complain you cant hear me. You rang me! Or like the woman the other day who rang to pay a bill while running for a bus, as in literally huffing her way down some street in Dublin trying to call out her credit card details, jesus wept some people have zero common sense.

Or the people who ring you at 2.03pm and the first thing they say is "I've been ringing you for the past, hour, like."

Newsflash, genius, it was lunchtime. I was away from my desk, y'know, having my lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Or the people who ring you at 2.03pm and the first thing they say is "I've been ringing you for the past, hour, like."

Newsflash, genius, it was lunchtime. I was away from my desk, y'know, having my lunch.

"I was on hold for ages!"

No you weren't, first off I can see how long it took you to get through to me, and second I can see every option you pressed on the IVR system before you got to me.

working with the public would make you as cynical as fook, I dont believe anything anyone says to me anymore. three, THREE people yesterday said they hadnt paid their bills because their "laser cards were stolen", who all happened to be months in arrears who promised to make payments the week previous. I looked through the notes on on account and it was excuses every week, from the car breaking down to a communion going overbudget, its really simple, if you cant afford a service, dont use it, and if you are using it, expect to have to pay for it.

• Advertisement

Argh! I cannot abide rude barristers, especially young ones!! They seem to forget that the majority of their work comes from instructions from solicitors.

All settled for the day now, yipee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Legal services bill will put and end to their superiority complex, the sooner the better!

In other news, it is neither raining nor snowing today, which is quite remarkable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Why is this week not over? Like why?

How is it only Thursday. This has been baffling me all day.

Come on week!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hello lovely people :)

Hope you're all well. :)

How so Joe wrote: »
    Legal services bill will put and end to their superiority complex, the sooner the better!

In other news, it is neither raining nor snowing today, which is quite remarkable!

It's not even a superiority complex, I think they'd be dickheads no matter what they did. I've worked alongside some of the most senior counsel in Ireland and they've treated me very well and have been nothing but nice and pleasant to me and always say hello and ask me how I am etc when I meet them outside of work.

So glad these sessions are over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It's not even a superiority complex, I think they'd be dickheads no matter what they did. I've worked alongside some of the most senior counsel in Ireland and they've treated me very well and have been nothing but nice and pleasant to me and always say hello and ask me how I am etc when I meet them outside of work.

So glad these sessions are over :D
    Well if they're horrible people there ain't much you can do about that. :(

I made shamrock buns. Pancake decorated them. That's why they look all wonky...yes that'll do....

EDIT: Here they are:

b843289e-619a-4243-88df-794176bf4530.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Argh! I cannot abide rude barristers, especially young ones!! They seem to forget that the majority of their work comes from instructions from solicitors.

Heh. I see this stuff from the other side. I provide services to solicitors and the number of them who try to wriggle out of paying in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Got myself really down about the silliest thing! Stoopid brain

Nearly home time though. Gonna spend the evening making st patricks day cards. :)

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Heh. I see this stuff from the other side. I provide services to solicitors and the number of them who try to wriggle out of paying in the end...

Believe me, I totally get that too. My boss ain't without her faults, as we all know ;)

Costs nothing to be pleasant while working your way up though, it's always remembered, that's what i mean about being rude. I know plenty of solicitors who won't give briefs to barristers who have since taken silk because of cock ups when they were juniors or just plain rudeness, that's what i'm talking about.

On another note, i'm sitting in the bar room, looking out the window and just saw some dude walking hand in hand with his kid, throw his child onto the pavement because he wouldn't stop crying. Lovely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement