Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Loungers did Next... [off topic chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

cena wrote: »
    don't laugh. I was going for a pee today and I could go any faster I ended up wetting myself. Having trouble these with this stent in
    You poor thing!

No laughs here. Just empathy, sympathy and a nice slice of cake. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

You poor thing!

No laughs here. Just empathy, sympathy and a nice slice of cake. :)

what sort of cake is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'll just leave this here...

what sort of cake is it?
    You have a choice!

Chocolate, lemon or cheesecake. I may also have a bit of lemon meringue pie left... And maybe one of the rainbow cupcakes my brother made my mum for MD (but they might be getting a bit old by now).

Either way, I'll bring a cosy blanket and I'll sing to you when I arrive.

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Quoted only because I couldn't thank it twice! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

You have a choice!

Chocolate, lemon or cheesecake. I may also have a bit of lemon meringue pie left... And maybe one of the rainbow cupcakes my brother made my mum for MD (but they might be getting a bit old by now).

Either way, I'll bring a cosy blanket and I'll sing to you when I arrive.

cheesecake well do. Not a fan of chocolate cake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Not a fan of chocolate cake

:eek:

But... it's so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Pfft, Biggie's is the original and best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'd nearly rather a carrot cake or lemon drizzle cake; chocolate cake can be kinda dry unless it's chocolate fudge cake or something like that.

All my cookies were eated. Not bad for a gluten free batch, especially considering I had no weighing scales or electric beater :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'd nearly rather a carrot cake or lemon drizzle cake; chocolate cake can be kinda dry unless it's chocolate fudge cake or something like that.

Yeah, badly made cake is disappointing. But good chocolate cake is so goomnomnomnomnom.

I read about a kid who sent around flyers to her neighbours and took orders for cupcakes and made a bit of money. Reckon I'd get away with that? I can make.. *counts* three kinds of cake.. that's enough, right?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

LizT wrote: »
    Nah, St Francis founded the Franciscans, Ignatius of Loyola founded the Jesuits.

The pope picks the name of a saint that has personal meaning to them.

Ooops! Now that you mention it, Jesuits have the black robes and Franciscans have the brown. Duh! Silly me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

All my cookies were eated. Not bad for a gluten free batch, especially considering I had no weighing scales or electric beater :pac:

Eh I'll just have all of the cake. I am not discriminatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Lyaiera wrote: »
    After a week of pain and a bit of googling I think I have shin splints in my left leg. Fecking couch to 5k! :mad:

Yeah they're a b!tch. Have you still been running while you have them? Definitely stick with the 1-2 days rest in between.

Nope, you've just been eating bad chocolate cake! It shouldn't be dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Yeah they're a b!tch. Have you still been running while you have them? Definitely stick with the 1-2 days rest in between.

No, I haven't. It's sore enough walking/limping. Sometimes my knee buckles but I think that's more from the sudden shock of the occasional intense pain.

No, I haven't. It's sore enough walking/limping. Sometimes my knee buckles but I think that's more from the sudden shock of the occasional intense pain.

Yeah leave it til they're better. Whenever I could feel my shins starting to get a bit sore I'd leave it an extra day or two, and stretched them a good bit, more for the relief than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ella wrote: »
    What's up, Sugartits?
    WinterSong wrote: »
    Hugs for Pixie! Everything okay? :) xx

Sorry im just getting back now.

I just had a crap day in work. Basically had a "counselling session" in there about preformance and was threatened with head office. I was a bit bleh but then i got over it tbh. I was just emotional all day.

Oh and i went swimming for the first time in 12 years, in a swim togs, no t shirt to cover anything....NOT A SINGLE FUCK WAS GIVEN. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Chocolate biscuit cake is the vilest of all cakes.
    I like gooey ones like meringues, pavlova, are they cakes?
    Don't like "heavy" cakes, sponge fruit chocolate, ick.

Not sure what trainers you're wearing but would it be worth your while having your gait analysed and a proper trainer fitting?

xLexie wrote: »
    Chocolate biscuit cake is the vilest of all cakes.
    I like gooey ones like meringues, pavlova, are they cakes?
    Don't like "heavy" cakes, sponge fruit chocolate, ick.

They're more desserts than cakes, IYKWIM. Sponge cake is really light, wouldn't consider that a heavy cake? If sponge cake is heavy something went very wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

They're more desserts than cakes, IYKWIM. Sponge cake is really light, wouldn't consider that a heavy cake? If sponge cake is heavy something went very wrong!
    I worded it wrong but you know when you stab into it, it's cake, the whole way through, whereas say with meringue it's like more airy. Sponge cake is rotten, just eat the icing off it!

• Advertisement

Looking for some advice ladies.

I've been at the gym nearly 3 months now and it's going well, lost nearly 1.5 stone and can see my body really changing. I normally wear tracksuit bottoms but I'm always roasting in them and they do kind of catch when i'm doing certain movements. I bought a pair of those sports leggings, they're thicker than normal leggings and i've checked, they're not see-through at all. My question is, I'm a size 15 (lol) and i'm just wondering, do you think it's okay for me to wear them even though i'm not a skinny minny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Not sure what trainers you're wearing but would it be worth your while having your gait analysed and a proper trainer fitting?

Money I don't have unfortunately. I really need a new camera and lens. And even then I should probably save what I have so I can survive until I get my first paycheque from whatever job I get. And even if I was paid weekly I could use those savings to move out almost instantly.

Being unemployed sucks. I was completely miserable about it Sunday night. You just feel worthless. Then I picked myself up Monday morning and got back to applying for jobs. I dunno, I just want to get on with things and live my life but it's difficult when things aren't going your way. Thankfully I'm mostly capable of getting on with things. It's just annoying when you don't have any sense of control over things. Something the couch to 5k was helping with, even superficially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I've been at the gym nearly 3 months now and it's going well, lost nearly 1.5 stone and can see my body really changing. I normally wear tracksuit bottoms but I'm always roasting in them and they do kind of catch when i'm doing certain movements. I bought a pair of those sports leggings, they're thicker than normal leggings and i've checked, they're not see-through at all. My question is, I'm a size 15 (lol) and i'm just wondering, do you think it's okay for me to wear them even though i'm not a skinny minny?

sure why wouldn't you? A size 15 (I'm stealing that btw :) ) is hardly huge and you'll be so busy exercising you won't notice anyone looking and anyone that decides to look won't be worth notice (unless they're hot and even then... :D)

Money I don't have unfortunately. I really need a new camera and lens. And even then I should probably save what I have so I can survive until I get my first paycheque from whatever job I get. And even if I was paid weekly I could use those savings to move out almost instantly.

Being unemployed sucks. I was completely miserable about it Sunday night. You just feel worthless. Then I picked myself up Monday morning and got back to applying for jobs. I dunno, I just want to get on with things and live my life but it's difficult when things aren't going your way. Thankfully I'm mostly capable of getting on with things. It's just annoying when you don't have any sense of control over things. Something the couch to 5k was helping with, even superficially.

I think some of the sports shops do the analysis for free and then tell you what runners are best, you could then keep an eye on adverts, you might get lucky? Other option would be to get a secondhand bike, again adverts or any of those free recycling websites, and cycle every second day to take the pressure off your legs.

Nope, you've just been eating bad chocolate cake! It shouldn't be dry.

Well ideally no cake should be dry! I guess I rarely come across a nice chocolate cake.

Lemon cake on the other hand *drool*

Of course it's okay for you to wear them, you're not a two-tonne Tessie! I find them way more comfortable and practical for exercise. Honestly, you'll look grand and nobody would think you shouldn't be wearing them. And even if they are, they should be paying more attention to their own workout and not your attire ;)

Jessibelle wrote: »
    sure why wouldn't you? A size 15 (I'm stealing that btw :) ) is hardly huge and you'll be so busy exercising you won't notice anyone looking and anyone that decides to look won't be worth notice (unless they're hot and even then... :D)

Yeah i suppose that's true. I do tend to be in my own world. Just wouldn't like to think of anyone making a face about me and my bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

If you weren't supposed to wear them they wouldn't come in your size. :)

Well ideally no cake should be dry! I guess I rarely come across a nice chocolate cake.

Lemon cake on the other hand *drool*

Of course it's okay for you to wear them, you're not a two-tonne Tessie! I find them way more comfortable and practical for exercise. Honestly, you'll look grand and nobody would think you shouldn't be wearing them. And even if they are, they should be paying more attention to their own workout and not your attire ;)

Yeah i tried them on this evening and practiced some squats and it just felt so free.

Yeah i tried them on this evening and practiced some squats and it just felt so free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Didn't get the job. :( Not unhappy as to why lost out to an internal candidate was the only reason so were they not in the frame I'd have gotten it.

Been offered a very exciting opportunity in my current role which I'm very interested in tho!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement