Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread - Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Another 18 months of data to catalogue. Fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Some serious issues with the plumming in the toilets in the quadriangle (or whatever dafuq that place is called). Walked into two very unpleasant cubicles. :( Used the toilets outside the library instead. Reported it to the security lady who said she'd pass it on.

If you looked my previous rants, it probably looks like I have a thing about toilets, but the state of them in this university!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Larianne wrote: »
    Some serious issues with the plumming in the toilets in the quadriangle (or whatever dafuq that place is called). Walked into two very unpleasant cubicles. :( Used the toilets outside the library instead. Reported it to the security lady who said she'd pass it on.

If you looked my previous rants, it probably looks like I have a thing about toilets, but the state of them in this university!

You think the girls is bad, try being a guy going to those toilets in the library. Honestly, you'd think people would consider that other people have to use/clean those toilets.

Best going to any other toilets on campus. In the arts block or wherever.

Yeah, I've discovered that they keep the toilets in the arts block clean because the tourists use them.

Never using the ones in the library again. Still retching..

Apparently if I want the time off work to sit my exams I need to tell work my timetable yesterday.

I think they're starting to think I'm lying when I say I've no idea which days my exams are, and I don't blame them. This is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Buses making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Didn't recognize the venue that my exams are scheduled in, so I clicked on it and it brought me to a map of Kanas. lolwut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Worst exam timetable ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Lawliet wrote: »
    Didn't recognize the venue that my exams are scheduled in, so I clicked on it and it brought me to a map of Kanas. lolwut
    Yay, me too. We can be kansas buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Less than 48 hours since term finished, aaand I'm sick :/ woo migraine-level headaches

• Advertisement

Stupid anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Slugabed

Yeah, I've discovered that they keep the toilets in the arts block clean because the tourists use them.

The toilets in the library are disgusting. The toilets in the Buttery are glorious.

You weren't exaggerating, took one step in there today, turned and went straight back out again. That was first thing this morning as well, do they actually ever clean those things

Dying of what I assume to be an infected wisdom tooth...going to beg the dentist school to take a look on Monday morning- anyone have an idea of how much an emergency appointment is for students?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

That happened to me last year - horrific. Don't know about the cost but I have felt your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 doglover89

Oh wow, you poor thing, that sounds so painful. Sorry don't have any advice, just sympathy!

My rant is three words long: Spanish Medieval Literature. why... just why??

ADD is acting up big time. I can't focus on anything today.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Stress is really hitting me now. Got very little done today. At home and we've had so many visitors and similar distractions. Can't wait to get back to Dublin tomorrow.

No student rate, €70 to get treated....which they decided I don't need and that I should wait it out with painkillers instead >.>

In other news, the library is not a place to have your chats. GTFO, there's coffee & tea outside :mad: (every year!!)

In other news, the library is not a place to have your chats. GTFO, there's coffee & tea outside :mad: (every year!!)

No free tea and coffee today. Thought it was till exams. :(

• Advertisement

No free tea and coffee today. Thought it was till exams. :(

Yeah I noticed that too on my way out, sadness :(

The new swipe system into the 24 hour space. Standing there like a feckin eejit for a good 3 minutes trying to swipe into it. :mad:

(I've learned, you need to hold it back a good bit from the device to make it work.)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

The new swipe system into the 24 hour space. Standing there like a feckin eejit for a good 3 minutes trying to swipe into it. :mad:

(I've learned, you need to hold it back a good bit from the device to make it work.)

I awkwardly couldnt swipe out.

Feeling a bit out of the loop, everyone keeps talking about librocop today and I have no idea what that is

Feeling a bit out of the loop, everyone keeps talking about librocop today and I have no idea what that is

I think they're talking about the eastern european library guard/security who's always in the BLU.

Tbh there's only one librocop and that's the one in UCD's Joyce Library - has a limp and everything! He takes NO shít.

TCD's one is a wanna librocop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I saw him chastising various people today in the five minutes I spent in the library - perhaps it was because of this.

Getting myself into gear for my finals in a week has become quite tough. Must. Stop. Procrastinating. Now.*

*Logging off Facebook/ boards/ youtube/ computer. Laters. :pac:

As an addition to my previous post, I realised this morning that one should not shave one's face while half asleep. I did so and have a lovely scratched face :(

#BLUwars is amusing and far too distracting.
    Bit afraid to leave my desk these days though, don't want to get a mean note...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

#BLUwars is amusing and far too distracting.
    Bit afraid to leave my desk these days though, don't want to get a mean note...

Please elaborate, we don't get to experience anything fun in the Hamilton. What are we missing out on? :pac:

Advertisement