Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Soooo... 10123 Cloud City set for sale on Adverts... sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Rhyme wrote: »

It's al in zip bags not original sealed legos ones, instruction book has wear on it, calling it brand new is a bit of a stretch. Considering condition I think it's more in the 250/300 bracket.
    Waiting to see what else pops up from him as he had the Grand Emporium as well so he's picked good sets for his collection by the looks of it.

Oh yeah, it's certainly not brand new. Seeing Cloud City sets without minifigures fetching up to 250euro on Bricklink and w/ minifigures going in excess of 500, the original 250 price tag (even with the wear and tear) was quite small. I'd say 350 is a fair price.

I mean, the buyer, in a way, sets the price as if someone is willing to buy at 500, then it will be sold for 500 and will continue to do so until someone is willing to spend 600 etc.

Adverts has a history of users severely over-valuing their ads and seeing Lego for sale for a number of years due to this isn't a new sight. It gets compounded by Lego for sale for a fair value or even undervalued and typically being snapped up within a few hours.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Rhyme wrote: »

Both ads nuked now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The dream was fun while it lasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Spocker wrote: »
    Both ads nuked now

was it a scam ? seen another advert surfaced earlier at 500 but then got taken down again.

I was told on one of my ads, that it was a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It seemed strange that all the sets were in the north. The users feedback looks a little dodgy, lots of feedback from the same users on the same day.

I wonder was the users account hacked, someone got a Dinosaur set from the seller last week and didn't seem to have any issues.

Also her definition of New is a little strange. Brand new "only made once"

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why is Cloud City so expensive?

Thargor wrote: »
    Why is Cloud City so expensive?

The minifig. There are 4 that are unique to the set and the boba fett figure can go for a couple of hundred alone.

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    was it a scam ? seen another advert surfaced earlier at 500 but then got taken down again.

Nothing that I can point to, saying that its a scam; the ads were removed for muppetry with the prices (i.e. they had offers of asking, then withdrew, then relisted for a much higher price). Yes, price mistakes are forgiven, but not muppetry

Such a shame, someone was about to get the deal of the year there :)

It did honestly sound like they were selling them for their sister and ignoring the rules was what got them removed. The feedback from the single user did look suspicious until you realise that for every offer accepted, the person offering will receive an email requesting feedback be given. The seller had sold a pile of clothes in individual ads so it's not a large leap to assume the buyer got a pile of emails all asking for feedback and gave feedback to them all.

I got a slap on the wrist a few months ago for a genuine mistake and read through the bulk of the rules to make sure I didn't do the same again. Despite the rules being quite simple, it's remarkable how many people treat ads like a chat in a pub (changing prices, accepting and unaccepting offers because they got a better offer, disappearing halfway through a sale and generally acting the maggot).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Was over in the lego store in the Uk and they had the new big ben set. Wasnt really interested before but its a pretty cool set with some really cool features on it. Might pick it up at some point over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭SteM

robinph wrote: »
    Lego VW Beetle Citron 2CV is out in August:

http://brickset.com/article/22070/10252-vw-beetle-press-release

This looks fantastic imo. Would love to pick it up.

so... https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/67

January 1st release though, it's a long wait for the residents of Ooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Collectors on RTE1 after the 9 news tonight features a Brick.ie exhibitor and her collection, should be worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

hothbricks has pics of the new starwars advent calendar, some nice looking figs in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

If anyone is interested Smyths in Fonthill got Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS 42056 on stock. 299Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Really like the look of this on the Ideas website
    2284789-o_1a9rsuhtlp081a5ne9pm3d1i517-full.jpg

Most expensive Lego display ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Hamleys ?

gizabeer wrote: »
    Hamleys ?
    Yeah Dundrum

Since its Hamley's its 20% more expensive than it should be.

Any one seen any better pictures of the Easter Rising display?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's a bit early but the holiday train in coming..

5m6EaLf.jpg

Spocker wrote: »
    Any one seen any better pictures of the Easter Rising display?

Think that was on display in Naas library recently. Might try brick.ie for more pics

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Think that was on display in Naas library recently. Might try brick.ie for more pics

Is it still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Naas Library was a one day exhibition.

That MOC will be in the GPO itself for the next while.

L1011 wrote: »
    Naas Library was a one day exhibition.

That MOC will be in the GPO itself for the next while.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Hi guys,

Have any of you had experience buying from theminifigurestore.co.uk?

Is this safe to buy from?

Advertisement