Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If you're not in a rush to buy wait and see if Smyths have a sale. They usually do a 20% sale during the year, it may not be until around September. But well worth the wait if you are getting something of that value.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's as good a reason as any! I haven't built either of them but if I was buying one, I think the Kwik e mart looks the better of the two.

I was leaning towards that myself.

I'd love if they did the Power Plant, Moe's, Krusty Burger, Comic Book Shop or the School :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you're not in a rush to buy wait and see if Smyths have a sale. They usually do a 20% sale during the year, it may not be until around September. But well worth the wait if you are getting something of that value.

It'll be the end of June after my exams by the earliest when I go to buy.

I might get lucky and they could run the Vouchers in the paper again :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I was leaning towards that myself.

I'd love if they did the Power Plant, Moe's, Krusty Burger, Comic Book Shop or the School :)

I'd say the power plant would be too large a set for them to release and they'd never do Moe's because it's a bar but there were rumors last year that the next set would be the Androids Dungeon (comic book store). Although I also heard that the Simpsons minifigs series 2 were the worst selling series so maybe they've scrapped the theme altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd say the power plant would be too large a set for them to release and they'd never do Moe's because it's a bar but there were rumors last year that the next set would be the Androids Dungeon (comic book store). Although I also heard that the Simpsons minifigs series 2 were the worst selling series so maybe they've scrapped the theme altogether?

Outside of anything they might produce for Lego Dimensions, Lego Simpsons is apparently done. The second wave of minifigs didn't shift at all. Shame as they're excellent molds. Having said that, the first wave was the first line of CMFs I completed, but I've only four of five of the second and I was just not bothered getting any more.... although the 99 cent price might encourage me. It looks like the Disney stuff has taken the Simpsons slot.

I've both the House and the Kwik-E-Mart. I wasn't entirely sold on the Kwik-e-Mart at first, but now that I've built it I prefer it to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I have the house and the Kwik-E-Mart too. If you're looking for the more accurate version of the actual building from the TV series, go for the Kwik-E-Mart. They are both really detailed but they had to compromise on the size and shape of the rooms and some of the features of the house. I'd agree with waiting for the 20% off in Smyths since I doubt they will sell out of these expensive sets any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Looks really nice but ow that things gonna be expensive!

9Pl3S7Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

gubbie wrote: »
    Looks really nice but ow that things gonna be expensive!

9Pl3S7Y.jpg

€220!!!!! Giving their recent war on wallets I'm surprised. I was guessing 350 easy. Then again, Lego have caught an awful lot of flak for the pricing of Hoth and the Batcave. I wonder if this is a response to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I expect the price is lower as there are no licencing fees for this. While the other two you mentioned a good chunk will go toward licencing and then all the minifigures will add to the price too. That is a cool looking set though.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If I was going for a London landmark I'd still opt for Tower Bridge. I've looked at it wistfully for so long, particularly since I started working a stone's throw from it. It will probably disappear soon, though, particularly with the release of Big Ben.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭HorseSea

That price was a nice surprise especially after Ghostbusters. This has definitely gone on the shopping list, Ghostbusters will have to wait for the Lotto.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Would anyone have a couple of Plate 1X1 W. Holder in red to spare?

4588003.jpg

Just need them to finish off this: http://brickset.com/sets/6752-1/Fire-Rescue

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Spocker wrote: »

4588003.jpg

Great-looking set. Really solid. Almost like a half-way point between Lego and Technic.

I'll have a poke around in the parts box when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

4588003.jpg

How many do you need ?

Couldn't find any in red, think I may have nabbed them for a Comic-Con set a while back.

Surprising lack of red pieces in my stash actually :/

Sorry.

gizabeer wrote: »
    How many do you need ?

Just two is all I'm after
    Rhyme wrote: »
    Couldn't find any in red, think I may have nabbed them for a Comic-Con set a while back.

Surprising lack of red pieces in my stash actually :/

Sorry.

Thanks anyways Rhyme, I appreciate your taking a look

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I actually think I have one or two. Wont get a chance to look until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I dug out a few , pm me and il post them to you if you want ?

gizabeer wrote: »
    I dug out a few , pm me and il post them to you if you want ?

Brilliant, I'll drop you a PM, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Has anyone built the Ghostbusters firehouse? Thinking of getting it as a surprise for someone but is it worth the high pricetag?

• Advertisement

Naid23 wrote: »
    Has anyone built the Ghostbusters firehouse? Thinking of getting it as a surprise for someone but is it worth the high pricetag?

It's quite pricey but everyone I've spoken to who wants it or has it says that it's fantastic. A few of the staff at Brickset listed it as their set of the year as well.

It's quite pricey but everyone I've spoken to who wants it or has it says that it's fantastic. A few of the staff at Brickset listed it as their set of the year as well.

Great. thanks guys. Hoping to order it in the next few weeks as a housewarming present.

Naid23 wrote: »
    Great. thanks guys. Hoping to order it in the next few weeks as a housewarming present.

If you order from the Lego online store and the amount is over 55 euro, you get a free gift most months. It's a little fountain for June and, I think, a little Knight set in July.

If you order from the Lego online store and the amount is over 55 euro, you get a free gift most months. It's a little fountain for June and, I think, a little Knight set in July.

Yeah more then likely ordering the end of the month so the fountain looks cool, plus will get the Vip points aswel so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Lego Rogue One sets have been leaked:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Rogue_One_Set_Pics_Leaked_169301.asp

Edit: Images can still be seen on the lego subreddit

Piece count and (rumoured) prices are as follows:

75152 – 385 pcs, €39.99
    75153 – 449 pcs, €49.99
    75154 – 543 pcs, €69.99
    75155 – 659 pcs, €79.99
    75156 – 863 pcs, €99.99

Buildable figures:

75119 – Jyn Erso 104 pcs. $24.99/€24.99
    75120 – Death Trooper 169 pcs, $24.99/€24.99
    75121 – K-250 (could be K-2SO) 106 pcs, $24.99/€24.99

Images gone but enough details left. Very excited for the AT-ST as I'm selling my 8038 Battle of Endor set. 49.99 should be enough of a price for a well-built AT-ST along the lines of the AT-DP from last year.

Have seen a few sketches of the U-Wing and Striker so will be curious how they transfer to Lego.

Imperial Shuttle might be that big thing in the trailer, not as interested for that but the minifigures attached will probably be incredible.

EDIT: Never mind, a quick google search for 'Rogue One Lego leak' provides the images in low-res. If they are real, the Striker and Shuttle look great, the AT-ST is pretty good but the U-Wing is a bit bockety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Has anyone had a set recently which was missing a lot (more than 5!) of pieces? My OH picked up 31052-1 Vacation Getaways as a Bank Holiday surprise and it was missing 8 pieces - 2 X 4144575, 1 X 4210639, 1 X 4529685, 1 X 4567891, 2 X 4612603 and 1 X 6146221. I've had to look for missing pieces before from Lego but I'm talking one or two bits, not eight. Are they likely to even believe me? Kinda soured the experience of a pretty good set!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Has anyone had a set recently which was missing a lot (more than 5!) of pieces? My OH picked up 31052-1 Vacation Getaways as a Bank Holiday surprise and it was missing 8 pieces - 2 X 4144575, 1 X 4210639, 1 X 4529685, 1 X 4567891, 2 X 4612603 and 1 X 6146221. I've had to look for missing pieces before from Lego but I'm talking one or two bits, not eight. Are they likely to even believe me? Kinda soured the experience of a pretty good set!

If they do question it, they will ask for bar code to verify you actually bought the box. I have a few missing out Lotr black gate and got email asking for a code on box.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Lego VW Beetle Citron 2CV is out in August:

http://brickset.com/article/22070/10252-vw-beetle-press-release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Advertisement