Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Which do you think would be a good bricks and mortar shop in Dublin for the Jurassic world set. Cannot find any in Carlow.
    Looking for LEGO Jurassic World T.rex Tracker 75918

Everywhere seems to be sold out currently but I was talking to a lady in a Toymaster store and they are getting restocks in the next 10 days, so I'd imagine in a week or two you'll have not bother getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

images of the 2016H2 sets are coming out now, Here are the Technic ones.

BWE Boy is it big and comes with a white mining truck also

Claas Xerion 5000 drool, i want this now. Those wheels would go great on the 4x4 crawler.

Volvo EW160E

Porsche 911 looks great even with the camo' stickers. But it's going to cost approx €300!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

images of the 2016H2 sets are coming out now, Here are the Technic ones.

BWE Boy is it big and comes with a white mining truck also

Claas Xerion 5000 drool, i want this now. Those wheels would go great on the 4x4 crawler.

Volvo EW160E

Porsche 911 looks great even with the camo' stickers. But it's going to cost approx €300!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

i dont care, I must have this!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭HorseSea

Can't see how the Porsche is going to be more expensive than the monster Bucket Wheel Excavator. All the technic sets have gone straight on to "must have list", so it is going to be a very expensive year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Love the Technic Porsche. Nice to get some serious pieces of kit in the Technic lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd take every one of those Technic sets. I don't think there's ever been a release where I'd like to get everything. It was only two years ago when I was complaining that technic had hit an all time low for me. Struggling to see where the price is coming from with the Porsche. Sure the licence will add to the cost, but I'm not seeing where the money is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭g0g

Absolutely love the BWE! Only problem is I have nowhere to put models once they're built! Bought the big crane last year and sold it on soon enough after for maybe € 30/40 less. I guess it's not a mad cost when to me the pleasure is really in the first build of it. Wonder how much this one will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, random question:
    If I would sell my full collection of Lord of the rings series 1 sets, all brand new Unopened and habit series 1 unopened, how much would I sell it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Guys, random question:
    If I would sell my full collection of Lord of the rings series 1 sets, all brand new Unopened and habit series 1 unopened, how much would I sell it for?

Don't know myself, but Bricklink may help:

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-The-Lord-of-the-Rings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Guys, random question:

What all you selling?

Niska wrote: »
    Don't know myself, but Bricklink may help:

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-The-Lord-of-the-Rings

I just checked bricklink and looks like it shot up quite a bit over RRP it's starting to get rare.

madalig12 wrote: »
    What all you selling?

Not yet, but thinking if it's worth it to sell my lotr and hobit stuff. I kind of drifted away a bit from lego and moving in to my gfs place and space is limited. I got small room just for myself in the house and it won't be enough for all my nerdy stuff, pc setup and consoles etc.

DSC_0825_zpsrrpfsdwj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Not yet, but thinking if it's worth it to sell my lotr and hobit stuff. I kind of drifted away a bit from lego and moving in to my gfs place and space is limited. I got small room just for myself in the house and it won't be enough for all my nerdy stuff, pc setup and consoles etc.

DSC_0825_zpsrrpfsdwj.jpg

Couple there i might be interested in. Was hoping you had the tower.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Couple there i might be interested in. Was hoping you had the tower.

Well, I have tower too, but I am not selling that. I like that way too much.

I wouldn't break the collection, but I woukd sell hobit and lotr series separately. Definitely wouldn't sell cheaper then RRP was. In that case I would just throw it in the attic and wait a few more years.

I still have some outstanding figs for series 15 left to get. Does anyone know if Art&Hobby have the S15 figs? The two Smyths nearest me are picked clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I still have some outstanding figs for series 15 left to get. Does anyone know if Art&Hobby have the S15 figs? The two Smyths nearest me are picked clean.

Think I've seen them in art and hobby in newbridge.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Think I've seen them in art and hobby in newbridge.

Thanks, I might take a look in the nearest Art&Hobby so. Lazer Mech is evading me like crazy, I've ended up with three extra Flying Warriors. Couldn't find any Jewel Thieves, Wrestlers, Janitors or Ballerinas either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Pretty sure i have some at home. What ones are you looking for?

Naid23 wrote: »
    Pretty sure i have some at home. What ones are you looking for?
    Thanks Naid for the offer! I actually managed to get all of the outstanding figs between ArtnHobby and Smyths yesterday. Smyths had just opened a fresh box so it was pretty handy. Jewel thief was the hardest for me to find, I ended up getting a second Native American woman I was so confused. Happy days for my OH's nephew though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This is a really long shot, but here goes.

Does anybody have 7879 Hoth Echo Base that they might be willing to part with?

I have a new/sealed 9516 Jabba's Palace that I'd be willing to trade. I'd consider trading it for a used Echo Base, although to keep it sealed would make it more difficult for postage.

This is a really long shot, but here goes.

Does anybody have 7879 Hoth Echo Base that they might be willing to part with?

I have a new/sealed 9516 Jabba's Palace that I'd be willing to trade. I'd consider trading it for a used Echo Base, although to keep it sealed would make it more difficult for postage.

You planning a MOC with the new set?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

You planning a MOC with the new set?

It's been a long term plan of mine to have a giant Hoth centrepiece in whatever room my collection ends up in, so I've been gathering sets over time. I have various past Hoth releases, but not 7879. I've been holding off on getting that because of the long-known rumours about the new Assault on Hoth, but now that I've seen it I think 7879 actually has a lot that it doesn't (proper control centre, bacta tank etc.). I think the new set leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately, though I may still end up getting it as part of my Hoth master plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have a sealed Lego Delorean I want to sell, is €150 too low or should I try fleahbay with it? It's just gathering dust on a shelf at this stage now. Would love to build it but again it would just go back in the box afterwards.

It's been a long term plan of mine to have a giant Hoth centrepiece in whatever room my collection ends up in, so I've been gathering sets over time. I have various past Hoth releases, but not 7879. I've been holding off on getting that because of the long-known rumours about the new Assault on Hoth, but now that I've seen it I think 7879 actually has a lot that it doesn't (proper control centre, bacta tank etc.). I think the new set leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately, though I may still end up getting it as part of my Hoth master plan!

Nice! I offloaded all my Hoth sets last year when I realised I'd never have the room to display them the way I wanted too. I'm glad that I'm not too impressed with the assault on Hoth set...means I'll get away with buying a couple of the summer release sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Nice! I offloaded all my Hoth sets last year when I realised I'd never have the room to display them the way I wanted too. I'm glad that I'm not too impressed with the assault on Hoth set...means I'll get away with buying a couple of the summer release sets.

yeah almost 2,200 piece's but its all over the place :(. much prefer the original 7666 hoth base. The Ion canon looks out of place aswell.

I have a sealed Lego Delorean I want to sell, is €150 too low or should I try fleahbay with it? It's just gathering dust on a shelf at this stage now. Would love to build it but again it would just go back in the box afterwards.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lego+21103&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=10&_fpos=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=21103-1&name=The%20DeLorean%20Time%20Machine&category=%5BLEGO%20Ideas%20&#T=S&O={"cond":"N","ii":0,"ic":0,"reg":"-1"}

€150 might be a little on the high side based on bricklink prices for sealed sets. Have you already opened it? Ebay prices seem to be a bit more in line with that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I love this!

24823417484_b4487617eb_z.jpg?resize=600%2C600

Advertisement