Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Hi guys,

Have any of you had experience buying from theminifigurestore.co.uk?

Is this safe to buy from?

I've never bought from them but from browsing the store and the testimonials, they seem legit. A whois lookup confirms a lot of information from the site as well. If you send them an email with an enquiry, I'd say you'll get the information you want.

UCS Millennium Falcon just went up for sale on Adverts. Not something you see every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭SteM

Hi guys,

Nope, I've bought from www.minifiguremaddness.com without any problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Rhyme wrote: »

UCS Millennium Falcon just went up for sale on Adverts. Not something you see every day :)

That falcon has scam written all over it imo. New user with no feedback, has picked the first alphabetical address possible, and item described as sealed when its clearly been opened. It may be genuine but and potential buyer would want to make sure they meet and inspect before handing over any cash.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

That falcon has scam written all over it imo. New user with no feedback, has picked the first alphabetical address possible, and item described as sealed when its clearly been opened. It may be genuine but and potential buyer would want to make sure they meet and inspect before handing over any cash.

Never even copped that. Seems even more so seeing that they accept bank transfer only and only by post/courier.

I'll never do business before 9am in the future :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    Never even copped that. Seems even more so seeing that they accept bank transfer only and only by post/courier.

I'll never do business before 9am in the future :)

Pictures are stock from a Chinese website (still watermarked) I've reported the ad as suspicious anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi guys,

Yes, I've bought from them before with no issues

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Pictures are stock from a Chinese website (still watermarked) I've reported the ad as suspicious anyway.

I took great pleasure in nuking that scammers account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

New DS, doesn't seem a whole lot different to the original 10188, bar some updated figs.

http://www.fbtb.net/2016/08/18/ucs-death-star-pictures-leaked/#more-39030

syboit wrote: »
    New DS, doesn't seem a whole lot different to the original 10188, bar some updated figs.

http://www.fbtb.net/2016/08/18/ucs-death-star-pictures-leaked/#more-39030

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Been thinking of putting my (sealed) 21103 DeLorean up for sale on Adverts, anyone here interested before I do? Based on Bricklink values I'm thinking of setting the asking at €100. I also have the correctly spelled 'shield' sign sent by customer services with the misprinted tile in the set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Been thinking of putting my (sealed) 21103 DeLorean up for sale on Adverts, anyone here interested before I do? Based on Bricklink values I'm thinking of setting the asking at €100. I also have the correctly spelled 'shield' sign sent by customer services with the misprinted tile in the set.

I'd be interested in this. Ok if I let you know for definite tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this. Ok if I let you know for definite tomorrow?

Sure thing, take your time.

Sure thing, take your time.

Perfect thanks. I'll give you a PM tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

The new minifigs are nice, but not sure if its worth upgrading just for that. Probably be more expensive than the old one aswell.

syboit wrote: »
    The new minifigs are nice, but not sure if its worth upgrading just for that. Probably be more expensive than the old one aswell.

Word has come down on a $499 price tag so expect that or even a little bit more in Euro.

Definitely a pass for me if the design hadn't done it already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not got the previous incarnation so I'll be picking it up. Just have to figure out some creative accounting in order to justify paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Any takers for what Lego will charge for the inevitable Millenium Falcon reissue/update? Could they hit 600 euro or is 500 the ceiling for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Any takers for what Lego will charge for the inevitable Millenium Falcon reissue/update? Could they hit 600 euro or is 500 the ceiling for a few years.

The death star will be about €500, doubt the falcon would be more than that unless it's much more than 4,000 pieces.

The last Death Star was on sale fro 8 years so imagine we'll have some time to think about purchasing the new set.

The death star will be about €500, doubt the falcon would be more than that unless it's much more than 4,000 pieces.

The last Death Star was on sale fro 8 years so imagine we'll have some time to think about purchasing the new set.

Original MF was almost 5200 pieces. They've added an extra 200 to the Death Star and I can't imagine Lego reducing the piece count with a reissue. The MF may not have the DS's ridiculous number of minifigs but it launch at 500euro In 2007. Breaching that figure almost tens years on seems like a hard number psychological hurdle to me.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got the Technic Big Wheel Excavator?

I see it's down to €185 in Argos, €180 in Littlewoods and about €170 from Amazon.

To be honest I'm very tempted but not sure yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭HorseSea

Yes, I built it, it is a great build, a great parts pack and looks great, just a pity that it is so under powered as hardly functions - see the reviews on YouTube or Brickset. I would still get it though and it could be modded to add additional power. Littlewoods also have the new 42053 at 69.99 which is great, Lego price €94.99.

HorseSea wrote: »
    Yes, I built it, it is a great build, a great parts pack and looks great, just a pity that it is so under powered as hardly functions - see the reviews on YouTube or Brickset. I would still get it though and it could be modded to add additional power. Littlewoods also have the new 42053 at 69.99 which is great, Lego price €94.99.

Thanks for that. Just on the Littlewoods site now and set up an account, I was asked did I want to set up a credit account and I would get 20% off my first order.

Bucket Wheel Excavator now showing as €144. Oh god why did I follow the link :D

Littlewoods often have good lego bargains even it most of the time their sets are just over RRP.

YOu only get to use the 20% sign up discount once so make it worthwhile add the 42053 while your at it :-)

Littlewoods often have good lego bargains even it most of the time their sets are just over RRP.

YOu only get to use the 20% sign up discount once so make it worthwhile add the 42053 while your at it :-)

Ha do you you work for Lego :D

What's the build on 42053 like? My last Technic build was the Crawler Crane.

No, I wish I did, staff discount would save a few quid. I will let you know after Littlewoods deliver! This years Technic releases have being great, but costly!

No, I wish I did, staff discount would save a few quid. I will let you know after Littlewoods deliver! This years Technic releases have being great, but costly!

Yea they do look good. I was saving up for one of the Simpsons sets but tempted to blow it now :D

Hmmm, but the only thing about that is that the new Technic sets are likely to be around for longer than the Simpsons, as they are doing no more sets or minifigures I wonder how long the house or Kwike mart will stay around - maybe it will be like the Death Star and last 8 years or maybe not.

• Advertisement

Lego's new online store is dreadful. It's like all the ****e that was built for iPads a couple of years ago. You think with their money they'd be able to hire some competent designers.

Advertisement