Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

[Brick Show @ The NEC]

So, we made it over and back, without breaking the bank :) - heres how it went:

A 6:45am start - "C'mon buddy, we're going on an adventure...", and I tried to make it revolve around the transportation.
    Drive to the airport for 9, get on the bendy-bus in the long term car-park, which is when he realised we were going to the airport (we've been on that bendy bus before). Then on the plane to Birmingham, and finally a train to the NEC. A brisk 20 min walk to the Hall in question, and finally we see some life-size Lego Wildestyle and Emmets - "Its LEGO Daddy!!!"

We managed to spend the whole day there, which was great. It was crowded, when meant getting to some sections meant a queue, but it wasn't so bad. The food at the venue was reasonable, bangers & mash for both was ~£14 and everyone took cards, which meant I didn't need any cash.

Other than a show specific bag/t-shirt/badge/laynard set (£20) I stuck to my guns and we only bought 2 small sets as a memento (31018 Creator Motorbike and 75089 Geonosis Troopers) and we made the bike in the airport while waiting for the plane.

No delays on the way home, little man was in his bed by 11.

Highlights: the sections to make racing cars, with loads of ramps to try them out on. The brick pits, with lots of kids (young and old) just making stuff.

Lowlights: the 40 minute queue just to get in to the Toys'R'Us store

Other stuff: The stage area was good for older kids, and some of the fan-built sets were fantastic - the little man wasn't interested in those much, so I didn't get to browse those much.

If you're going, and bringing a younger child, just let them off in the pits, they'll have great fun. Older kids will have good fun in the sections where you can build a small part of a bigger mosaic. If you're going as an AFOL there won't be much to keep you there for the whole day TBH.

Pic below is of one of the best fan sets (a rock concert) - look at the other pics for more shots:

367280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had thought about London but seeing how long a day it is I'll give it a miss. My young lad wouldn't be up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

Was passing by Arnotts last night and there's a great Lego display in the window at the moment. Worth a look if you're passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Some speculation that there are some big H2 Technic sets in the pipeline. A wheeled excavator (possibly Volvo EW160E) at @€;300 and a "Ultimate IP Car" which is rumored to be @€;425-450. more info/speculation here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112705&st=1175.

If true it's going to be an expensive year next year for Technic collectors.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Some speculation that there are some big H2 Technic sets in the pipeline. A wheeled excavator (possibly Volvo EW160E) at @€;300 and a "Ultimate IP Car" which is rumored to be @€;425-450. more info/speculation here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112705&st=1175.

If true it's going to be an expensive year next year for Technic collectors.

Thought the first one was a BWE? I was only saying it here recently, but TLG really seems to be pushing for a lot more 200 euro sets next year. Didn't think they'd push as far as the UIPC though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Thought the first one was a BWE? I was only saying it here recently, but TLG really seems to be pushing for a lot more 200 euro sets next year. Didn't think they'd push as far as the UIPC though.

BWE TLG UIPC?

BWE TLG UIPC?

The post I quoted should mostly fill you in. Im sure you could guess TLG.

Thinking of getting this http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/24-Hours-Race-Car-42039?fromListing=listing 42039 24 Hours Race Car for my 10 year old son for Christmas, anyone have this set already? Decent challenge, decent model?

Thinking of getting this http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/24-Hours-Race-Car-42039?fromListing=listing 42039 24 Hours Race Car for my 10 year old son for Christmas, anyone have this set already? Decent challenge, decent model?

Looks nice!

Looks nice!

I was going to get him a star wars set, but he really doesn't play with the sets once he's made them. Its the making part he likes/loves.

• Advertisement

I was going to get him a star wars set, but he really doesn't play with the sets once he's made them. Its the making part he likes/loves.

Mine is 5 and I've not found a set that he hasn't managed to break while playing with it.
    He even broke a kreo battleship and u.s.s enterprise which are fairly solid :(

I'm going to go for it, might wait until tomorrow to see what the deal is. :D

I'm going to go for it, might wait until tomorrow to see what the deal is. :D

I posted on another thread about the free Lego calander tomorrow plus some discount codes.

Are you getting the power kit?

I posted on another thread about the free Lego calander tomorrow plus some discount codes.

Are you getting the power kit?

Didn't even think about getting the power kit but it will probably have to wait until after Christmas. Although I'm tempted now. :mad:

One of my buddies on work bought it for himself and he brought it in - its a fine model alright and should be a good challenge :)

Spocker wrote: »
    One of my buddies on work bought it for himself and he brought it in - its a fine model alright and should be a good challenge :)

Thanks, ordered it today.

*Me spots all those who have 'lego technics' as a search on Adverts.ie .... *

http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/3-boxes-of-technic-s-lego/9373397

Sellers on Adverts are really upping the price of their knockoff lego minifigures, €35 for 8 fake Star Wars figures. It won't be long until you wont be able to buy minifigures with any sort of confidence due to the proliferation of fake figures.

Sellers on Adverts are really upping the price of their knockoff lego minifigures, €35 for 8 fake Star Wars figures. It won't be long until you wont be able to buy minifigures with any sort of confidence due to the proliferation of fake figures.

Why on earth would people pay that when they can get them from china for under a tenner? Or even 16 of them for just over €12.50. Ripping off customers and Lego, charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't buy minifigs on eBay anymore for precisely this reason. I didn't want the same thing to happen on Adverts so I've reported a few of these listings, but the powers that be seem to have done nothing about it so far. Please, everyone, do the same and maybe something will be done.

• Advertisement

I don't buy minifigs on eBay anymore for precisely this reason. I didn't want the same thing to happen on Adverts so I've reported a few of these listings, but the powers that be seem to have done nothing about it so far. Please, everyone, do the same and maybe something will be done.
    I reported all those listings yesterday, wonder will they get taken down.

I stopped reporting them months ago. I used to report everyone I seen. I spoke to some of the mods over there and the response I got was that as long as they aren't being sold as Lego and are marked as compatible/non branded it's fine.

It's crazy what people are looking for them, you can get a full set (8) on Aliexpress for almost the price people are looking for one figure on Adverts. I also used to report the ads but stopped as nothing was happening.

I stopped reporting them months ago. I used to report everyone I seen. I spoke to some of the mods over there and the response I got was that as long as they aren't being sold as Lego and are marked as compatible/non branded it's fine.

Nothing wrong with selling Lego compatible bricks. The patent has expired so it's open season. However, these as being sold as "Star Wars" and that infringes on Disneys IP and Lego licenses. Report them again. If they fail to take action forward the links along with Adverts responses to both Disney and TLG.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Was browsing the Toymaster store in the Omni centre in Santry today and came across a few nice retired Lego sets. The prices, when compared with their RRP, aren't great but where else are you going to find a 8098 Clone Turbo Tank and a 7962 Anakin and Sebulba's podracers for 85euro.

Some retired Creator and Lego Agents sets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Nothing wrong with selling Lego compatible bricks. The patent has expired so it's open season. However, these as being sold as "Star Wars" and that infringes on Disneys IP and Lego licenses. Report them again. If they fail to take action forward the links along with Adverts responses to both Disney and TLG.

The minifigure patent still stands today, I believe, so it is infringement on LEGO as well as the IPs you mention.

So a few things,

New star Wars TFA sets in Smyths at the weekend. They also had the microfighters and I see their on the website now. The pic is too big too attach

Also new City, Marvel and Star Wars sets and prices listed on the Lego store.

Does anyone know if Tesco are doing their toy sale this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

So a few things,

New star Wars TFA sets in Smyths at the weekend. They also had the microfighters and I see their on the website now. The pic is too big too attach

Also new City, Marvel and Star Wars sets and prices listed on the Lego store.

Does anyone know if Tesco are doing their toy sale this weekend?

Series 3 Microfighters?

Ignore, see them now, thanks.

Series 3 Microfighters?

Ignore, see them now, thanks.

Yeah they had an x-wing and a snowspeeder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

My son got the batman (mini) tumbler from Aliexpress, great little model, instructions and the bricks are good quality too. I'm sure it breaks untold amounts of copyrights but its very good for the money it cost.

Advertisement