Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU Elections 2013 (Voting Thursday March 14) #VoteUL

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭sigmund.jung

Would just like to say congratulations to Adam Moursy. Really dodged a bullet today. I actively encouraged a few of my friends from voting for him, too long being a big dog in a little kennel isn't good for you, especially when the other puppies in the kennel have rabies and fleas.

Look at what happened to ruan and derek after all that time in he su, and seamus. who wants that life. don't be wasting your youth pretending to be real adult.

delighted he lost, is a genuinely top bloke, know need to wrap up this charade and begin focusing on his college work, doesn't want to end up with a piece of toilet paper rather than a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

If I told you, you wouldn't believe me and it would look like libel. I actually like him though, top bloke, got me a taxi once for free to go into town drinking
    PM me! Regarding personality, I don't much care, but politically (ie what he did within his political capacity), I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

Would just like to say congratulations to Adam Moursy. Really dodged a bullet today. I actively encouraged a few of my friends from voting for him, too long being a big dog in a little kennel isn't good for you, especially when the other puppies in the kennel have rabies and fleas.

Look at what happened to ruan and derek after all that time in he su, and seamus. who wants that life. don't be wasting your youth pretending to be real adult.

delighted he lost, is a genuinely top bloke, know need to wrap up this charade and begin focusing on his college work, doesn't want to end up with a piece of toilet paper rather than a degree.

You need help from Carl - Freud wouldn't be able to....

what a victory for the canoe club, block voting all the way. any numbers yet?

There is no canoe club in UL....

• Advertisement

sounds like about 2000 ppl beg to difffer there tony

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm extremely confused...

Nah - you see the K in ULKC is Kayak - not canoe.

Nah - you see the K in ULKC is Kayak - not canoe.

yeah kayak that's what i said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Would like to congratulate all the candidates elected.

Delighted with the turnout, it looks like all candidates generated a huge interest among the population, going by the final vote count.

Would like to especially congratulate Catríona. I'm good friends with Cathal (not involved in the campaign team; the joys of full-time work), and while I'm no longer a student, I was still following the whole campaign. Cathal is devastated, but Catríona obviously ran a brilliant campaign to get 2,200 votes (a record I think?) and she has the backing of both Cathal and his team. Best of luck to her next year, she has some brilliant ideas for the position.

Would also like to call out Kelly O' Brien on her continuing haranguing of Paddy and the SU. He was on stage having his few words and, as I was walking through the crowd, passed by her, while she was booing him, along with a friend. I called to her and told her to be quiet in what you'd call unparliamentary language, because in fairness, the result is out and there's nothing you can do. Unbelievably sour grapes out of her. She'd want to move on with her life.

On a more positive note, just want to wish all Emma, Catríona and Paddy the best of luck for the year ahead. They all have seriously strong manifestos and here's hoping they will deliver!

• Advertisement

CiaranMT wrote: »
    I'm no longer a student,
    still following the whole campaign
    She'd want to move on with her life.

bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black there buddy, walk on

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ULMarc

bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black there buddy, walk on

And who better than yourself there to stir it?

Congrats to the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Are you his mother or something?

No I'm his dad but don't tell him that he thinks it was a Spanish sailor

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tighearnan

sounds like about 2000 ppl beg to difffer there tony

What are you on about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

From the ULSU Facebook page:

President

Valid Poll 3,864
    Quota 1,933

Foran, Tim 458
    Moursy, Adam 953
    Kennedy, O’Brien 979
    Porter, Emma 1,474

As no candidate has exceeded the quota, the forth place candidate Tim Foran will be eliminated and his votes distributed

Valid Poll 3,864
    Quota 1,933

Moursy, Adam 953 + 112 = 1,065
    Kennedy, O’Brien 979 + 132 = 1,111
    Porter, Emma 1,474 + 165 = 1,639
    Non Transferable 49

As no candidate has exceeded the quota, the third place candidate Adam Moursy will be eliminated and his votes distributed

Valid Poll 3,864
    Quota 1,933

Kennedy, O’Brien 979 + 132 + 323= 1,434
    Porter, Emma 1,474 + 165+ 437= 2,076 Elected
    Non Transferable 193

As Emma Porter has exceeded the quota she is deemed elected

DP/Welfare

Valid Poll 3,766
    Quota 1,884

McMahon, James 404
    Ni Dhonnchu, Caitriona 2,254 Elected
    Ronan, Cathal 1,108

VP/Academic

Valid Poll 3,524
    Quota 1,763

McCoy, Daragh 1,720
    Rockett, Patrick 1,804 Elected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Surprised that I called it

Also James is going to hate the 404 jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lorcanthrope

Jester252 wrote: »
    Surprised that I called it

Also James is going to hate the 404 jokes
    Gotta admit, McCoy was no jobber though by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Gotta admit, McCoy was no jobber though by the looks of it

That I called wrong it he was more of a midcarder who looked like he was going to beat the champ. Only for Paddy to execute the charm offensive and get the 3 count.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Stephen_Byrne

Well lads,

Some details are here on the count, etc.

I put the photos of Roisin Monaghan's presentation up on our Facebook page.

On behalf of the writers and media folk at Thomond Student Times, of which there are not many left, thank you all for reading and watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Fair play to Paddy for winning another year, really helped us class reps trying to get us buses on a Friday back home from UL . Disappointed Adam and Cathal didn't get bak in but congratulations to Emma and Caitriona. Might be different seeing two girls in office, but im only a first year so I have had one year so far in which the Sabbatical team did a great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Paddy Rockett won an impressive fourth term in office

This is his third term but 4th time running for office. Unless you are predicting next year's election results?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

Rockett slays all before him once again.

Every year another young hungry pup comes to get that belt off him, and every year the big wolf grins his teeth and sends the puppies back to the kennel.

Massive respect. Pretenders have come and gone, but Legends last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

People of boards - I have to say thank you for your coverage of elections and your questions and comments. I really like both the questions and banter that came up over the week. Fair play to you all, here's the piece I threw up on facebook - you don't have to read it but I felt it was a statement I had to make

I have to start by saying thank so much to everyone that voted yesterday. For me or not you placed your vote for candidates that were truly amazing. I have seen things this week that make it an absolute honor to be Academic officer. I'm never any good at victory speeches and this quite frankly is not a victory speech.

The Union has lost a great person in Daragh McCoy. I have w
    orked with him over the past year and it has been such a pleasure. His team and Campaign ethic was a privilege to run with. He has such charisma for a role like this and I am genuinely gutted that both him and the other non-elected candidates cannot make this some kind of "Super-Union" The past week has been a powerhouse of Campaigning and a testament to the great work done this year and the passion of the candidates.

Emma Porter & Caitríona Ní Dhonnchú - Many congratulations. Our chat last night and your great attitude has me very excited for the year ahead - naturally my instinct were for the two people I've worked closely with over the past year but I was blown away by each of your campaigns -You and your teams should be very proud of yourselves - 2013/14 marks very exciting times.

Tim Foran Hard luck bossman You and your team were a delight to be around all week.Great craic with them all the way through. Kennedy O'Brien -What can I say man you have to be one of the most genuine people I've met - you pulled great results and should be very proud. Like I said before the Union has missed out on a great person.

James Mcmahon, Well done to you and your team - You brought exactly what you said you'd bring to the race and that was something fresh. You and your team were fantastic never a moment where I did not see you talking to students on a personal level which is the sign of someone who who genuinely cares.

To Adam and Cathal The two of ye have been like brothers over the past year and I am genuinely gutted with your result. Election week has this horrible thing of putting you under the spotlight in terms of being critiqued. You two have turned this union around after a really tough year - You two gave out huge scholarships, balanced the awful financial situation we were in into safe grounds. Battled the medical center to attack the issue of charges. worked tirelessly with the University on the referendum and you both Saved Charity week over massive threats from gardai and the University to axe it. You have been the best people to work with and personally you always got me up when I was at low points and made me excel in what I did well here.I genuinely love the both of ye - Cathal "Be Sound" Ronan and Adam "El gringo" Moursy The best sabbatical officers I have seen in a long time.

To my team (and Cathals &Adams) YOU GUYS ROCKED IT! Legends one and all but particular props go to my two kick ass campaign managers Reiss Barran & Frank Lyddy you guys got me over the line and I am in your debt. To everyone that voted and helped out thank you

As for me I'm back at work doing what I love,
    Thank you.
    Paddy

Thanks very much to all of you that posted questions and comments and got involved with the elections. I aim to do a great year this year and hope that if there is anything you need or would like to get done over the next year you can give me a shout on suacademic@ul.ie I'd be delighted to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Paddy better run again next year and the year after that and fufil his prophecy of having all the positions.

We need to vote for him just to keep him away from Kelly. If we dont vote for him he will set the Union on fire and I imagine he has set an amount of sneaky poos around the place and booby traps if we stop that.

The world will end in anarchy as him and Kelly fight it out over several long years depleting all the resources in the world, only one can live.

lkionm wrote: »
    Paddy better run again next year and the year after that and fufil his prophecy of having all the positions.

We need to vote for him just to keep him away from Kelly. If we dont vote for him he will set the Union on fire and I imagine he has set an amount of sneaky poos around the place and booby traps if we stop that.

The world will end in anarchy as him and Kelly fight it out over several long years depleting all the resources in the world, only one can live.

leave the jokes to anfecked mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bumblegum

Most people never gave McCoy a chance. Paddy has more money as he is obviously on more wages then a student. They should put a limit on the amount of times someone can be in office. Also, there's no chance that module on his manifesto will work - like last years fordum idea.

Bumblegum wrote: »
    Most people never gave McCoy a chance. Paddy has more money as he is obviously on more wages then a student. They should put a limit on the amount of times someone can be in office. Also, there's no chance that module on his manifesto will work - like last years fordum idea.

what's your beef with rockett?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

Bumblegum wrote: »

why you mad bro???

Advertisement