Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I know Joe but I'm limited as to where I can get on and I only quote the price I can get. Nearly every bet I ever do is available at better odds elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

tomaussie wrote: »
    I am very tempted to back Luke Donald at 25/1 this week in Canada but he just doesn't win as many as he should. I can't see him out of the top 5 though so maybe I'll change my mind and accept that 25/1.

Other than Donald I think Jerry Kelly at 66/1 and Carl Pettersson also at 66/1 represent good value.

I also think Jimenez is handicap material for the Seniors Open. Don't care what price he is but I'll be trying to get a price on him winning by 5 shots or more.

Not sure if it'll be as clear cut as that for Jimenez. He should win, but the likes of Langer, Monty and Couples can still play to a decent level. Even Tom Watson made the cut in the open (and on the pgatour the week before) whereas Jimenez missed it. (I know it's very simplistic to just look at one week but basically I don't think he'll have it all his own way).

Jerry Kelly looks decent value alright.

On another note, Eduardo Romero is 60. For some reason I find that hard to comprehend, doesn't seem like that long ago that he was still competing for wins on the European Tour. It's funny the random names you'd see on the senior tour, Jean Francois Remesy, Jose Coceres, Kirk Triplett (remember him having a hole in one about 20 minutes before Harrington on 16 at Augusta once, must be nearly 10 years ago at this stage). So many guys just slip completely off the radar. Jesus, it's late at night, and I'm rambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

just 3 for me this week.

Graham Delaet 28/1 4ew
    David Hearn 50/1 2.50ew
    Patrick Rodgers 125/1 1.50ew

Think the old Canadian lads have a chance this week. Also like what I see from Rodgers and expect things of a good nature for him, hopefully sooner then later.

Holy guacamole Batman.

Jimenez is 5/1 for the Seniors Open. 5/1.

Right I'm off to get as much cash as possible and watch it quintuple over 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

im joining you, although tenner is most I am having on him.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

david hearn and johnathon Vegas (for the craic) in canada this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I am with Jerry Kelly 66s PP 6 places Canadian and Tom Watson 22s PP 5 places seniors.Tom is a little old but the best links player on view.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

McDowell & Campbell in US
    Nixon & Del Moral in Russia

Doubles across all these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Justin Hicks 200/1 e/w in Canada
    Max Kieffer @25/1 in Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Expecting Andres Romero might go well this week - 110 on betfair outright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

DeLaet and Villegas are my two main bets this week.

Also a few small bets on Svoboda, Putman and Scott Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No Farah withdraws from commonwealth games. Think there was someone on here saying he was a bet at 33/1 over rory for spoty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Jimenez is gone anyway. 8 shots behind already :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Did mcdowell to win 3 ball v donald and weir at 615 and kieffer after first round at 12s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Jimenez is gone anyway. 8 shots behind already :(

Or now's the time to back him @40/1:confused:

Squeaky bum time gmac 2 under weir 1 under going up last nice 5 to 4 if he wins 3 ball

bradlente wrote: »
    Or now's the time to back him @40/1:confused:

I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

tomaussie wrote: »
    I will.

Better to lay Langer at 7/10?

abarkie wrote: »
    Better to lay Langer at 7/10?

I can only get 16/1 on Jimenez so I'll leave it alone either way. I'll let it play out. Just thought if I could get 40's I'd take it.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    DeLaet and Villegas are my two main bets this week.

Also a few small bets on Svoboda, Putman and Scott Brown.

3 in the money, 1 just outside and 1 WD... and I'm still not confident of winning a penny.

• Advertisement

Senior open and russian open over already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Justin Hicks 200/1 e/w in Canada
    Max Kieffer @25/1 in Russia

I will gladly take the e/w money,only for Furyk he'd be in with a bit shout,in fact it's probably better if Furyk stays a few ahead otherwise Hicks will schit himself if he thinks the win is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

by the time sky start their canadian open cover therell only be
    a few holes left but it looks over as a contest
    ridiculous really unless its on the red button which isnt
    much to me

mailburner wrote: »
    by the time sky start their canadian open cover therell only be
    a few holes left but it looks over as a contest
    ridiculous really unless its on the red button which isnt
    much to me

They must be expecting bad weather later, they played 2 tee starts also. I only checked on to see the tee-times at 6, I thought he website was broke when they were showing the leaders on the 8th hole.

cant believe kieffer starts with 5 under in 1st round but cant carry it on only finishes 8 under abit crap really

3 in the money, 1 just outside and 1 WD... and I'm still not confident of winning a penny.

And Putman is the only one that finishes in a place. I will not be backing DeLaet again until he sorts his putting out, unreal power and a very good iron player but his short game is shockingly bad. Watched him and Stanley playing together on Saturday and I swear I am actually a better putter that both of them.

And Putman is the only one that finishes in a place. I will not be backing DeLaet again until he sorts his putting out, unreal power and a very good iron player but his short game is shockingly bad. Watched him and Stanley playing together on Saturday and I swear I am actually a better putter that both of them.

de leat has been a terrible putter for ages great tee to green I gave up on him when he missed a 18 inch putt for bird in april

jjll wrote: »
    de leat has been a terrible putter for ages great tee to green I gave up on him when he missed a 18 inch putt for bird in april

Oh I know, I've been following him closely for over a year, a 3 putt from 9 feet on the 18th on Saturday was the final final final straw for me. Maybe he should try a Happy Gilmore and try putting with a hockey stick because he can't do much worse.

Oh I know, I've been following him closely for over a year, a 3 putt from 9 feet on the 18th on Saturday was the final final final straw for me. Maybe he should try a Happy Gilmore and try putting with a hockey stick because he can't do much worse.

I think he is going to be the European version of mcgrane make a good living now and again be up there and will always keep his card

• Advertisement

WGC Bridgestone Invitational @ Firestone Country Club

First even of two big weeks in the US, should be a great couple weeks of golf. Can't see Tiger win this week even though he has an immaculate record here.

Martin Kaymer @ 33/1 He will have settled down a bit after his US Open win. 33/1 looks like value to me in a small field.

Brandt Snedeker @ 66/1 His game looks to have returned after a few bad months, does not have a great record here but I like his price.

My next 2 picks are woefully out of form but definitely have the ability to do well here and are overpriced imo again for an event with a small field.

Jonas Blixt @ 200/1
    Russell Henley @ 200/1

My last pick for now is a European Tour player having a brilliant season, 300/1 just looks too big to resist imo.

Fabrizio Zanotti @ 300/1

Might add 1 or 2 more before it starts, PP refunding losing outright bets with a free bet if Rory or Tiger win.

Good luck everyone.

Advertisement