Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

h2005 wrote: »
    I realise all that but its still not what I was asking.

this was ur question?
    How come you cant do an e/w double in golf? Wanted to do Sergio and McIlroy

so what were you asking???????
    please go to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Not really looked at it much this week as have been busy so gone for the following (all betfair):
    Kuchar 40
    Mcdowell 55
    Stenson (top 10) 4.1
    Moore (top 5) 15.5
    Mcilroy (first round leader) 11

Not overly confident to be honest, hard to look past Mcilroy really. I do like McDowell's price though. Mcilroy at 10/1 for first round leader is brilliant value too.

Edit - added Scott ew at 9/1 (w/o Mcilroy) and Watney ew at 100/1 both on PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Fowler too short for me this week.

Went with Bubba and Leishman again, like last week. Also have a small bet on Moore to be 1st Round leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

McDowell at 40/1. I think his iron play brings him into the reckoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Still not much interesting me. Hard to look past McIlroy but even Garcia, Rose, Scott and Fowler are priced very short, don't think I've ever seen so many short odds.

Saying that I'm going to back Sergio again @ 18/1, made a lot of profit off him the last few weeks so worth another go.

Kuchar @ 33/1 also looks good, he is never really out of form and is due a major victory soon.

Snedeker @ 60/1 is a great price, he is finding his old form again and played great last week only for his ever reliable putter to let him down.

Lowry @ 100/1 and Zanotti at 400/1, that price is insane, played great last week and is priced the same as Monty this week, I don't understand, worth a punt though.

Goodluck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Is there any such bet as Harrington 's group not finishing under par in round 1? or how do I bet it?

Also added a 10 quid free bet on McIlroy @ 5/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Kutcher has WD unfortunately for those who are on him.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Kutcher has WD unfortunately for those who are on him.

Did he tee off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

tomaussie wrote: »
    Did he tee off ?

No he is being replaced by John huh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Did he tee off ?

No I got money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wonder what price tiger was to miss cut

/im guessing it wasnt anywhere near the 7/2 I got on the open

guessing 5/4ish

mailburner wrote: »

uspga
    rickie fowler 40/1

furyk 50/1

garcia 33/1

betv

took these prices just before the rory won the open (5places_
    I have value if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommo 76

Anyone think tiger 7/4 to make the cut is a tempting price? Needs to shoot 68 maybe 69 depending, well within his capability. He will want to make it, and win the three ball he's out with ( to get one up on Phil) and he never gives up on any shot to be fair to him.

Tommo 76 wrote: »
    Anyone think tiger 7/4 to make the cut is a tempting price? Needs to shoot 68 maybe 69 depending, well within his capability. He will want to make it, and win the three ball he's out with ( to get one up on Phil) and he never gives up on any shot to be fair to him.

Wouldn't back it in a million years to be honest. Would much rather back rory to win outright at the same price (which I wouldnt back either by the way).

You're probably right! Tiger did look rusty yesterday and who knows what he will do today, was more a novelty bet to follow for the evening...

qwabercd wrote: »
    Wouldn't back it in a million years to be honest. Would much rather back rory to win outright at the same price (which I wouldnt back either by the way).

You're dead right!! Was hoping to see a spark from tiger or something click like we know he can but not to be. Very poor showing from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is it forbidden to enquire about streams in here?

(Ipad stream btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Backed Fowler, bubba, kuchar and scwartzel, disaster but I think fowler will get my money back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I backed Rory and tbh it looks over already. He is as dominant as Tiger was back in the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Warper wrote: »
    I backed Rory and tbh it looks over already. He is as dominant as Tiger was back in the day
    Way rory playing now think he has hit the wall

disaster but I think fowler will get my money back

and hopefully a whole lot more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

PP are terrible mcilroy went 15/8 when he went in bunker now 6/4 after

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

Looking at the betting list you wouldn't go wrong with the top 4:

Rory @ 5/1 outright
    Scott, Garcia & Rose worth an E/W punt.

Then I don't fancy anyone E/W again until you reach Rickie Fowler @ 25/1

As for an outsider I'd tip Shane Lowry @ 100/1 outright but maybe a safer bet to back him to finish as top 20.

Also Robert Karlson @ 125/1 , showing good form lately.

Only wish I had the money to throw on McIlroy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

did a fair bit of reseach already this week,before checking prices I was sweet on Matsuyama,was looking for 25-33's.Feckin 18/1 with PP,a score on @20/1 in Boyles outright,that's all.

Played great here last year tee to green but couldn't buy a putt,I think he'll go very close.

A truly dreadful season so far.

Fancied Snedeker for this but am surprised to see him as favourite. I'll take the 14/1 though.

Will also have a smaller bet on Pettersson at 50/1.

I'm going to keep my money until Saturday and back someone then, once again there are a lot of short prices for a competition that is wide open. I have back Snedeker the last few weeks but 12/1 is too short.

I requested odds last week from PP and they just got back to me today. Odds on Gavin Moynihan winning the Open before 2025. A laughable 25/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Patrick Reed at 22/1 looks good to me. Defending champion. A disappointing result for him at the PGA but he was 4th the week before.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I'm going to keep my money until Saturday and back someone then, once again there are a lot of short prices for a competition that is wide open. I have back Snedeker the last few weeks but 12/1 is too short.

I requested odds last week from PP and they just got back to me today. Odds on Gavin Moynihan winning the Open before 2025. A laughable 25/1.

Miserable fcukers.

• Advertisement

A truly dreadful season so far.

Fancied Snedeker for this but am surprised to see him as favourite. I'll take the 14/1 though.

Will also have a smaller bet on Pettersson at 50/1.

I could only get 33/1 for Pettersson and I've back him for first round leader too.

Advertisement