Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma 3 Alpha (Beta, full game)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

EoinHef wrote: »
    PC/Server build
    host a dedicated server
    Decent i3,8gb of ram
    good to go

Colour me skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Colour me skeptical.

Not really,server is a 32 bit process and arma can only utilise dual cores. Servers out there with quad cores running multiple instances. Ill be looking at one instance with maybe 20 player cap. The recomeded minimum is 2gb ram perinstance,and at least an old core 2 duo.

Was surprised when i looked into it myself tbh. The biggest challenge will be bandwhith,its recomended about .5mb per player,currently have 10mb/s up so that leads me to the approx 20 player cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

New terrain reveal at E3: http://arma3.com/countdown

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

New terrain reveal at E3: http://arma3.com/countdown

Thats it in the background apparently.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

OMG. You mean, space?

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    OMG. You mean, space?

Underneath that :pac:

lgiMlMdcvod-.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Tanoa South Pacific island 100km and DX12.

Looks nice, cant wait to carpet bomb the **** out of it.

Saw the trailer but i didnt realise the expansion was gonna have DX12 support. Sweet

A lot of people in the forums asking were Bohemia going to support DX12 for Arma 3. Suppose this is the next best thing insted of them actually re doing the whole game.

Be interesting to see the performance boost with DX12 and proper multi thread support for CPU's. AI in this game still kills framerates so id hope and guess we would see some improvemt there. Maybe even in AI behaviours...... but im getting ahead of myself here. For the moment the terrain looks really cool and cant wait to eventually get hands on with it.

Also does that hut on the beach look like that famous screensaver? Definitely seen that before

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Looking at BI's history, I'd say they will add DX12 to vanilla and not just those who buy the expansion. Some of the Arma 2 expansions added major improvements that were not exclusive to those expansions.

EoinHef wrote: »
    AI in this game still kills framerates so id hope and guess we would see some improvemt there. Maybe even in AI behaviours......

Poor scripting causes most of that, you just cant have a 1000 AI :P

So mission makers should use triggers :)

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Poor scripting causes most of that, you just cant have a 1000 AI :P

So mission makers should use triggers :)

Yeah i am fond of my large scale editor battles,hilarious but frames tank when there are a bajillion squads,tanks and helis! All that physx!! So much fun though:)

It would be nice to see the whole game ported to DX12 alright and i do see bohemia as a fair minded developer imo so if they can im sure they will do it. What improvents it will actually bring have to wait and see.

As someone said above they usually are very good in the sense that the content they release they focus hard on not splitting the community. In that sense porting the whole game makes sense.

Although im much more looking forward to the new terrain/expansion than DX12

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

The new map reminds me a lot of Lingor, my favourite map too.
    Cant help but wonder if all dem nu graphics is going to leave graphics cards distraught.

Upgrades all round then, you'd swear Nvidia were paying them to push the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Hey everyone,

Myself and a few buds are running an A3 Wastelands server if anyone is interested in hopping on. If anyone wants any further details, feel free to PM me. :)

b_560_95_1.png

Anybody up for a game of this tonight?

Been looking at a co op mission called All Out Warfare:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26304

Description:
    This is a player generated scenario : you are able to create enemy zones and tasks wherever you want .
    Enemy zones are fully customizable : number of vehicles, type of faction ...
    Tasks can be chosen between 9 different types .
    Access the mission generator from the flagpole under the hangar tent .
    The mission can be run on a dedicated server and fully support JIP, it was also made as performance friendly as possible.

No mods needed although CBA 3 and Drifters No Fatigue are advisable just to make fatigue a non issue.

Or any other missions anyone wants to suggest id be up for

BI bought a T72

Advertisement