Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma 3 Alpha (Beta, full game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Alpha closes in 2 days.

2 days left to buy the game at its current price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Collection of funny/action clips on the first day of Beta. Enjoy!

If you liked this I would really appreciate a hand on the Reddit thread below :)
    Reddit: http://redd.it/1gwjcb

Lets get the chopper out of the hangar :pac:

All this needs is benny hill music.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

The detail is fawking awesome. Belt animations on the Zafir Rifle.. you can count bullets going in to the very last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

arma 3 beta is now 34.99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Can someone explain why I get 60fps on some servers, and about 30 on others? Graphics details are the same, draw distance remains the same. Is there some server side setting that limits client's FPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Some mods, like Wasteland are very heavy on client-side.
    It could be any number of scripts running on your machine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's always Wasteland that's either 30 or 60fps, depending on the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tr8AUuL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

It's always Wasteland that's either 30 or 60fps, depending on the server.

There are at least 6 different implementations of Wasteland for arma 3 and each of those have multiple versions.

On top of that, settings can be altered by the server admins themselves. Some admins will reduce the default draw distance which I believe will override your own settings or they add a light mist to reduce draw distance that way.

If cheaters are on the server running hacks, that can also serously impact the server performance due to them doing stuff outside the norms of what the wasteland mod is designed for.

Also, wasteland servers sometimes just need a restart as it is still in development and arma 3 doesnt even have proper dedicated server support as far as I know. I went from 20fps to 55fps on ocuk's wasteland server last night after a server restart, once the server filled it dropped back to 28-45fps.

GoT Wasteland seems to be the most regularly updated version and is based off 404 Wasteland. GoT version 2.2 on Arma 3 stable branch is what I played last night so try looking for that on your server filter and for the "misty" servers look for servers that have "fps fix" in the description although I dont like the mist.

• Advertisement

What he said ^^

Mission dictates view distance regardless of what you have set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone found any decent wasteland servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone found any decent wasteland servers?

Type CCG into the filter, they're decent servers.

Despite what I posted earlier about GoT Wasteland being the most updated, I've noticed that most 404 Wasteland servers tend to have better framerates. I guess that the GoT servers have more going on in them.

Battle eye support is expected in the dev branch this week but I doubt that it will stop the trolls

• Registered Users Posts: 2 soft ware

Arma 3, even in the beta state an amazing game, get the 'VAS' Virtual Ammo Box and download all the cool mods and characters, its amazing, really realistic looking game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is it still cheaters galore?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is it still cheaters galore?

In the update today Battleye was put in. These are the 3 I liked from the changelog:
    Added: BTR-K Kamysh tracked IFV
    Added: IFV-6c Panther tracked IFV
    Added: BattlEye anti-cheat engine integration

Kamyash is a beast, the panther is gay compared to it.

Dont play on PVP servers and you wont have to worry about cheating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dcully wrote: »

the lads played it a while back, looked great just way to buggy and loads of desync.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I think they have updated it loads now. Gear now saves, you can eat and drink like you would in Arma 2 DayZ (same with bandaging). I played it back in June and it was alright just no one was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

simon360 wrote: »
    I think they have updated it loads now. Gear now saves, you can eat and drink like you would in Arma 2 DayZ (same with bandaging). I played it back in June and it was alright just no one was playing.
    an alpha mod on a beta game, you just know you are asking for trouble :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

According to PC gamer its even more playable than dayz for arma 2.
    The bugs may not be fixed, but the games looks, feels, and plays so much better.
    They also mention the vastly superior inventory.

Im guessing they speak of an updated version compared to ktulu123 `s video above.

How many versions of Dayz is that now? :)

Wasteland for Arma 3 has matured quite a bit and is good fun if you have a group in Teamspeak, the GoT Wasteland is about to be updated to v2.3 tonight so it might be worth a look.

Another good game type is Capture and Hold which is like Battlefield Conquest with two opposing teams and capture points that they fight over. You can find that listed in one of the drop-down boxes in the server browser filter.

How many versions of Dayz is that now? :)

Wasteland for Arma 3 has matured quite a bit and is good fun if you have a group in Teamspeak, the GoT Wasteland is about to be updated to v2.3 tonight so it might be worth a look.

Another good game type is Capture and Hold which is like Battlefield Conquest with two opposing teams and capture points that they fight over. You can find that listed in one of the drop-down boxes in the server browser filter.

too many different dayz/wasteland versions out there in total now tbh.

Laviski wrote: »
    too many different dayz/wasteland versions out there in total now tbh.
    Yeah, but it will hopefully settle down when Dayz Standalone comes out and Arma 3 Wasteland has only two main versions now: GoT v2.x and Sa-Matra

Must join you chaps for a session of Arma 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

i'd be tempted to play arma3 dayz ... is there many servers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

i'd be tempted to play arma3 dayz ... is there many servers ?

More importantly, is there a handy-DayZCommander type installer? I could Google it but...

Advertisement