Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

I think someone was asking for a deal on the New 3DS (not XL) a while back, just spotted this on HUKD, €150.50 from Amazon.fr: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/new-nintendo-3ds-black-white-113-54-amazon-fr-inc-delivery-2339882

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What's up with France getting all the good deals lately? And it's probably the one region where Nintendo is doing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm pretty sure Nintendo just really hates Ireland. Thats why we don't get pokemon events or nothing.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo just really hates Ireland. Thats why we don't get pokemon events or nothing.

And it's why the Nintendo Store won't deliver to Ireland even though "This website is for Nintendo customers resident in the UK or Ireland only."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    What's up with France getting all the good deals lately? And it's probably the one region where Nintendo is doing alright.
    They've been getting them for a long time. It's good though that one is on Amazon and ships here. The rest are usually in offline or don't deliver outside France.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Decided on the Wii Mini, extra controller and nunchuck and New Mario Bros. :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    major_malfunction.jpg

God damn it! Don't do it! Buy a secondhand normal Wii.

Get him mario galaxy as well, its incredible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Get him mario galaxy as well, its incredible.
    He'll be getting a few quid to pick out a game. I'll sway him in this direction.

He'll be getting a few quid to pick out a game. I'll sway him in this direction.

Yeah, and there is TONS of wii games. http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/2/wii/
    - And great prices on Amazon even with the brutal exchange rate.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Second mario galaxy! Brilliant game! I'm also a big fan of the smash bros series and Brawl was great fun :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wii Mini is a tragic, poorly made piece of tripe.
    Honestly, I collect Nintendo stuff and I couldn't sell mine on fast enough.
    A preowned Wii will be far better, in terms of build quality and what you can do with it, and for the money you'll get a ton of games.
    The machine is magnificent, from Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy 1&2, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, NSMB and a whole host of Gamecube games, but you'll need a GC controller for those, but you'll get to play Super Mario Sunshine and loads more.
    The Wii Mini is a terrible lost opportunity and really really not worth buying.

Plus, you can get a Wii pre owned in cex, for 35 notes. Thats discounted and might not be in the best condition, but even a boxed one in good nick is only 50 odd, and might play gamecube games and connect to wifi and what have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wii Mini is a tragic, poorly made piece of tripe.
    Honestly, I collect Nintendo stuff and I couldn't sell mine on fast enough.
    A preowned Wii will be far better, in terms of build quality and what you can do with it, and for the money you'll get a ton of games.
    The machine is magnificent, from Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy 1&2, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, NSMB and a whole host of Gamecube games, but you'll need a GC controller for those, but you'll get to play Super Mario Sunshine and loads more.
    The Wii Mini is a terrible lost opportunity and really really not worth buying.

It's for a kid for Christmas! Surely it's alright if all you want to do is play Mario??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Littlewoods 3 for 2 sale for games

I wouldn't usually go to them for Playstation or Xbox games but because the nintendo games I'm interested in are very rarely dropping in value, it's actually not too bad to pick up games here.

It doesn't really work out that great unfortunately. For example:

Nintendo Wii U Super Mario 3D World €59
    Nintendo Wii U Super Smash Bros €55
    Nintendo Wii U Mario Kart 8 €59

€118 = 39.33 each

~ The cheaper games can be got cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GeraltRivia

Anyone any idea what the best deal on a New 3DS XL is around Ireland? Best I've seen is €219.00 from argos. It didn't seem to go on sale during black friday, only the old 3DS XL did from what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Allyall wrote: »
    It doesn't really work out that great unfortunately. For example:

Nintendo Wii U Super Mario 3D World €59
    Nintendo Wii U Super Smash Bros €55
    Nintendo Wii U Mario Kart 8 €59

€118 = 39.33 each

~ The cheaper games can be got cheaper elsewhere.
    There's always littwoods discount codes knocking around though.

20% when you register a credit account 6K7UU
    And 10% with any order 6KC7K

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

Not clued in to this nintendo crack at all but I have to get a wii u for the little fella for christmas, So I see they have one in smyths 32gb with mario kart8 and splatoon for €339.Would this be a good price on this for whats included? Thanks.

Triboro wrote: »
    Not clued in to this nintendo crack at all but I have to get a wii u for the little fella for christmas, So I see they have one in smyths 32gb with mario kart8 and splatoon for €339.Would this be a good price on this for whats included? Thanks.

You might get that a little cheaper elsewhere, its a good combo of games though.

• Advertisement

The Mario Kart bundle is in Argos for €289.99 and you can get Fifa 13 and Wii Quiz Party Game Free

Add Splatoon (From Argos) for €39.99 = €329.98 Total

or

The Splatoon Bundle is also €289.99 with Fifa 13, Wii Quiz Party and Mystery Case Files Free

Add Mario Kart 9 (From Argos) for €52 = €341.99 Total

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

That's actually not that bad. Two great games too. It's available cheaper but I honestly don't think that's far off what I would pay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's for a kid for Christmas! Surely it's alright if all you want to do is play Mario??

That's what they all say.
    Next thing you know they'll be knocking over post offices with a sawn off!
    Begin as you mean to go on, buy a proper Wii!

Do you have a little woods account? Cos its 329 on there, but its 20% off the first order, so

263.92 + the cost of splatoon or mario kart, just over 300 hundred.

Delighted to see less moaning than this time last year, with muppets bleating on about €200 being too much for the WiiU.

Checked out argos too but out of stock presently,the mario k 8 & splatoon one is showing as in stock for Smyths.
    Going by the replies on here(thanks all),€339 seems to be in the ballpark so I think I'll go the bricks&mortar route!

Checked out argos too but out of stock presently,the mario k 8 & splatoon one is showing as in stock for Smyths.
    Going by the replies on here(thanks all),€339 seems to be in the ballpark so I think I'll go the bricks&mortar route!

Check out Gamestop. They're selling the Premium Nintendo Land bundle for €250. They say they're out of stock but if you use the map you'll see there's a few places left that have them.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Wii U/Games/43930/nintendo-wii-u-premium-pack-black

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=43930

It's the same story with the Basic model but it's only €20 cheaper and I wouldn't get it.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    Check out Gamestop. They're selling the Premium Nintendo Land bundle for €250. They say they're out of stock but if you use the map you'll see there's a few places left that have them.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Wii U/Games/43930/nintendo-wii-u-premium-pack-black

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=43930

It's the same story with the Basic model but it's only €20 cheaper and I wouldn't get it.

Thanks,checked it there and showing limited stock for Limerick, is that €250 for the console only as per 1st link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement