Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CDKeys still not got back to me.
    I'm after adding another €10.

There's no plans to release a physical Wii U version with the New Xenoblade? :/
    :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Allyall wrote: »
    There's no plans to release a physical Wii U version with the New Xenoblade? :/
    :pac:

Do you mean this or something else?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do you mean this or something else?
    :eek:
    Phew..
    :)

I just bought the Wii U playable version of Xenoblade Chronicles for €10 along with a useless £25 card from the eShop, and was hoping that they don't release a physical version of it with a collectors/limited edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

If you buy Xenoblade Chronicles Wii on the eshop now for €10 (till midnight) you get €10 off Xenoblade X when it is released this week. So you would basically get Xenoblade Chronicles for free. If you were thinking of buying both.

Xenoblade Chronicles for €10 is a great price for sure.

I also bought Kirby download. Yes, I know it's the same price on the Game Collection. But I've started to like download games.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Amazon UK put up The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD plus Amiibo plus Soundtrack CD (Nintendo Wii U) earlier today. It costs £47.52. Honestly it's no better than the Smyths offer. When it's converted to Euro it's €2.50 more expensive. But it's not just Irish residents who visit this site and may interest people from Northern Ireland at the very least.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017XX1HO4/ref=as_li_tl

• Advertisement

People whining on the internet isn't news, that's standard.

Deals from America don't belong in a European bargain alert thread since none of us can avail of it.

Every time you bump this topic you waste everyone's time because what you write is of no value to anyone subscribed to this thread.

I found that comment highly offensive and irritating. I've never seen you here before. And now I read your comment in the Wii U discussion that you don't own a Wii U. Those who frequent the Nintendo board know I've posted many, many, many bargains. Not everything has to be straight as an arrow. It may have been better suited in "I have a Wii U - General Discussion" or the "Virtual Console, WiiWare, eShop and DSiWare Releases" thread but it does have relevance here too.

Anyway that aside I hope you get a Wii U this week and look forward to welcoming you to the community. Unfortunately you've picked a bad time to jump in, in terms of finding a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

sligeach wrote: »
    Amazon UK put up The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD plus Amiibo plus Soundtrack CD (Nintendo Wii U) earlier today. It costs £47.52. Honestly it's no better than the Smyths offer. When it's converted to Euro it's €2.50 more expensive. But it's not just Irish residents who visit this site and may interest people from Northern Ireland at the very least.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017XX1HO4/ref=as_li_tl

Quite a few video games are now "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland"

Anyone know why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I ended up replacing my Black Wii U for a reasonable 175, can't argue with that. I'm sure we got better bargains last year, or even the year before. Argos had the white model for an ok price, and PC world sold off the black ones for 150, stuff like that.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Quite a few video games are now "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland"

Anyone know why ?

It could be because of its size and weight. And that transparent plastic window is just begging to be damaged along its transit. That and it can't be dropped through the letterbox.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Any tips on where to get the Wii U at a decent price.
    It's for the 7 year old and he want Mario with it as well. The only bundles I can see are with Mario Kart for 289, or with Super Smash Bros for 269 (or something like that).
    Oh yeah.....does it come with Wii Sports as standard?

EDIT: Does the Wii Mini have the same gameplay functionality as the Wii. From what I can tell, it's like the original Wii without Wifi and is a top loader?
    I know that games are more difficult to come by, but I should be able to pick up the likes of Mario 3D for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's for the 7 year old and he want Mario with it as well. The only bundles I can see are with Mario Kart for 289, or with Super Smash Bros for 269 (or something like that).

EDIT: Does the Wii Mini have the same gameplay functionality as the Wii. From what I can tell, it's like the original Wii without Wifi and is a top loader?
    I know that games are more difficult to come by, but I should be able to pick up the likes of Mario 3D for it?

Wii U don't come with wii sports as standard, or even the wii remote/nunchuck, gotta buy them separate. And yes Wii mini will play the same games as the Wii, minus online support and the virtual console.

There are hardly any good deals for the Wii U right now, it sucks. That said, dunno if I'd get a Wii mini, you could get a normal wii for pennies from cex these days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cheers for that, I'd rather get a new one as it's from the fat red lad with the beard.
    He's not that fussed on the WiiU, he want's a Wii like his mate has, so the Wii Mini might just do the job (i dont want him online playing). After adding the extra remotes and games it'll probably work out the same as the WiiU bundle with just the basics.

The only way I'd touch a Wii Mini is if I was beating it like a pinata. Do yourself a favour and avoid it like the plague. And you do realise that Super Mario 3D World can't be played on the Wii or Mini Wii?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cheers for that, I'd rather get a new one as it's from the fat red lad with the beard.
    He's not that fussed on the WiiU, he want's a Wii like his mate has, so the Wii Mini might just do the job (i dont want him online playing). After adding the extra remotes and games it'll probably work out the same as the WiiU bundle with just the basics.

Tesco can be hit and miss but its the last place I've seen boxed/new Wii's available to buy. If I see them anywhere else, will let you know

sligeach wrote: »
    The only way I'd touch a Wii Mini is if I was beating it like a pinata. Do yourself a favour and avoid it like the plague. And you do realise that Super Mario 3D World can't be played on the Wii or Mini Wii?

Why avoid it? Is there any difference in reliability between the Original Wii.
    There is some sort of Mario game for the Wii though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's just the worst version of a Wii, so limited compared to other version. Might not want to mess now, but in years to come, there's so much more you can do with other versions of Wii.

Plenty of Mario games for the Wii though you're dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The online thing affects more than you think. You can't download patches, you can't buy games through the virtual console, I know you're not interested in playing online but he may be interested in another few years. For the sake of another 30 quid, I'd get the original as well.

It's just the worst version of a Wii, so limited compares to other version. Might not want to mess now, but in years to come, there's so much more you can do with other versions of Wii.

Plenty of Mario games for the Wii though you're dead right.

I'm imagining that in a few years he'll be past his Mario phase and will be looking adoringly at my Playstation :)
    If he's still on his Mario buzz then, we can dig into his piggy bank.
    So if he gets a few years out of a Wii with the few games he is happy with, I'm happy with that.

Cheers for the replies lads, it's looking like a Wii or Wii Mini with an extra controller, Wii sports and Mario is coming down the chimney this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He'll love it. :)

I don't know this shop, but they have UK phone number and use paypal, also according to the site 20 years exerience.
    Based in Czech Reublic, I have seen them come up before.
    You could use one of your free parcel wizard deliveries, or parcel motel to take advantage of the free UK delivery.

Nope. Exchange rate is so bad with paypal, that works out at €229.
    Delivery to Ireland is €14.99

Use code 5EUROFF at checkout.
    Total including Delivery is - €220.35
    (It was €10 cheaper when I started this post.)

Comes with 4 games and a Wii U Motion Plus Controller
    Nindendoland
    Wii party U
    New Super Mario U
    New Super Luigi U

I just paid for one via paypal, with someone in mind.

They had 100+ the other day that sold out, and got/getting more in stock today.

https://www.alzashop.com/nintendo-wii-u-basic-pack-white-8gb-wii-remote-plus-wiiu-party-3-games-d2704962.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Anywhere I can get cheap Nintendo credit to buy xenoblade chronicles x from the e-shop? Or anyone selling some they don't want?

alekito wrote: »
    Anywhere I can get cheap Nintendo credit to buy xenoblade chronicles x from the e-shop? Or anyone selling some they don't want?

You can buy eShop credit in:

Superquinn
    Argos
    Tesco
    Centra
    Easons et Son
    Eurospar
    Gamestop
    Smyth Toys
    Spar
    Super Valu

I have £25 UK Credit..................... :o

CDKeys haven't got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Anyone with a hmv nearby, ask if they have the Wii U in stock, anywhere that has any left reduce them whenever there's a sale on. Got a ZombiiU bundle with pro controller for €199 in last weekends sale. Might be another sale before Christmas, if not I'm sure they'll be reduced in January again.

baldshin wrote: »
    Got a ZombiiU bundle with pro controller for €199 in last weekends sale.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

They are often store specific. Last time they were going cheap in places like Galway, they weren't going cheap in Limerick or Ennis.

Yup, got mine in Galway. Just set it up there though only to be greeted by the flashing blue light of death! :(

Yup, got mine in Galway. Just set it up there though only to be greeted by the flashing blue light of death! :(

Apparently that's an easy fix?
    I only heard of it about a week ago on a older console.

Is it firmware related?

Allyall wrote: »
    Apparently that's an easy fix?
    I only heard of it about a week ago on a older console.

Is it firmware related?

I've no idea, literally the first time I turned it on I'm greeted to the flashing blue light, can't sync the gamepad or do anything with it! Any ideas if there is a fix other than bringing it back or getting on to Nintendo?

I've no idea, literally the first time I turned it on I'm greeted to the flashing blue light, can't sync the gamepad or do anything with it! Any ideas if there is a fix other than bringing it back or getting on to Nintendo?

I don't know.
    I only read a small bit.
    I think it had something to do with the HDMI cable and some TV's. I thought maybe you had read more after getting it. I thought because it was the ZombiU bundle that it may be firmware related.

If it was me, I'd send it for repair. Any type of problem out of the box is best fixed by the manufacturer imo.

• Advertisement

Yeah gonna get on to Nintendo, chances are if I got a replacement in HMV it would have a decent chance of the having the same problem.....but I really wanna play now!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement