Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with what I've wrote, it's news. Take a look at more European orientated sites like NintendoLife and you'll see a lot, and I do mean a lot of p1ssed off people. Things like this should be highlighted and we shouldn't have to accept this second class treatment.

Edit: And I should add that I've told Nintendo of Europe what I think of their "sale" too. Again, others were saying the same as me.

Do you really reckon its going to make a difference?
    Do you think Nintendo are unique in offering different sales to different territories?

You should really take this perceived ill Nintendo are doing to European game players and buy a PS3, broaden your horizons a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well, Sony have been offering a significantly better sale to US/Canadian PSN users than us over here over for black friday, but I haven't seen anyone be as annoyed at Sony as you apparently are at nintendo. Endlessly annoyed indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hi there

Anyone know of anywhere offering a good deal on the new 3ds, for my 6 year old. All the good offers are on the 3ds xl which wouldn't suit.

Best deal so far is with Argos and I'm still smarting from an incident with them last black Friday 2014. €184 there.

Some great deals in smyths on the xl shame it's not what we want.

Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

There's nothing wrong with what I've wrote, it's news.

People whining on the internet isn't news, that's standard.

Deals from America don't belong in a European bargain alert thread since none of us can avail of it.

Every time you bump this topic you waste everyone's time because what you write is of no value to anyone subscribed to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Grawns wrote: »
    Hi there

Anyone know of anywhere offering a good deal on the new 3ds, for my 6 year old. All the good offers are on the 3ds xl which wouldn't suit.

Best deal so far is with Argos and I'm still smarting from an incident with them last black Friday 2014. €184 there.

Some great deals in smyths on the xl shame it's not what we want.

Any help appreciated!

Does it have to be the new 3ds?

Thanks but Yeah it has to be new, my husband wouldn't get his precious little girl a used toy from Santa! Me, I'd be cool with it, bargains are my thing😉

Thanks but Yeah it has to be new, my husband wouldn't get his precious little girl a used toy from Santa! Me, I'd be cool with it, bargains are my thing😉

No I think he means, there's the 'New' 3DS, like a separate model that only came out this year, then theres the standard model that came out in 2011, that'll be a fair bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No I think he means, there's the 'New' 3DS, like a separate model that only came out this year, then theres the standard model that came out in 2011, that'll be a fair bit cheaper.

Yep cheers Miles, sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Yes I meant a "new" new 3ds. Stupid naming protocol, confusion reigns. The old 3ds is pretty cheap but we want the latest version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Yes I meant a "new" new 3ds. Stupid naming protocol, confusion reigns. The old 3ds is pretty cheap but we want the latest version.

I knew what you meant. I had an extensive look earlier but didn't find anything. Whatever deals are available are for the New XL model. Couldn't you go for that? She'll grow into it. :)

There's not huge benefits to getting the 'New' one, unless she really wants to play xenoblade :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There's not huge benefits to getting the 'New' one, unless she really wants to play xenoblade :p

And wants smash bros to start 15-20 seconds faster.

In fairness the faceplates are a nice idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Right now you can get a 3DS for €99 in Argos or pay a €85 premium and get the New 3DS from the same shop,
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/25730482/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7C14419738%7CNintendo+3DS%7C25696310/c_3/3%7Ccat_25696310%7CNintendo+3DS+consoles%7C25730482.htm

Personally, if I was buying for a little girl, the pink 3DS for €99 would be perfect and, if they found they loved it, you would get what you paid for it selling it and buy a New 3DS later in the year.

Thanks guys, will think about the old 3ds and let you know if I come across a good price on the new 3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks guys, will think about the old 3ds and let you know if I come across a good price on the new 3ds.

We got one for 185 in Argos, no games, we did want Starfox but it was out of stock....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Teslagrad £16.45 on Amazon for the next 5 hours or untill the remaining 33% are claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00S84U0XM/
    EUR 162,78
    including delivery

Banjo wrote: »
    Teslagrad £16.45 on Amazon for the next 5 hours or untill the remaining 33% are claimed

The deals expired and you'd have to make purchases over £25 for free postage. But it did remind me to buy the game and I knew I'd seen it cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames4hzbsp6vf2/

It's £12.22 plus £1.99 for postage(£14.21 total). That's just over €20 when converted. I just bought a copy for myself. Impulse buying. *Tut tut tut*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Saw this on HUKD:
    Xenoblade Chronicles for £8.99 for the Wii U

Compatible with controller only mode too which makes it a win in my books

RedXIV wrote: »
    Saw this on HUKD:
    Xenoblade Chronicles for £8.99 for the Wii U

Compatible with controller only mode too which makes it a win in my books

Cool. :) I have the Wii Disc. Want this. Thanks.

This is cool too, makes it even cheaper :)
    You can buy a £25 eShop gift code for £22.50 via cdkeys.com :
    http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/eshop-topup-cards/nintendo-eshop-25-card-nintendo-3ds-ds-wii-wii-u
    Apply the discount code "CDKEYSCYBER10" at checkout to bring the total to £20.69
    Add the £25 top-up to your Nintendo eShop account and spend away!

And 5% off for liking their Facebook page :) (Doesn't apply here).

UGHH..

CDKeys eShop cards don't work here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You could do the following:
    1 change your console country in Settings
    2. Create a new NNID
    3. Wish you thought of doing this when they were giving out Stars for linking NNIDs with Club Nintendo accounts
    4. This new NNID has it's own eShop balance, and can purchase from the eShop of the country you set up. Well, they can if it's UK. I didn't try it with Japan or the US....
    5. Buy UK games with UK credit
    6. After the download you can change your country code back, switch NNIDs and should - *should* - be able to play any content downloaded to your console.

And if it doesn't work, serves you right for listening to some gob****e off the internet.
    Cards on the table, I balked at step 5 because I saw the price of the Injustice DLC that's not available on the EU/Irish eShop.

I'll wait for CDKeys to get back to me.

Dag nabbit.
    Worse, I only have €9.80 on my account.

19cents short

19c

And now I'm down €30....

EAAARRGGHHH!!

Allyall wrote: »
    I'll wait for CDKeys to get back to me.

Dag nabbit.
    Worse, I only have €9.80 on my account.

19cents short

19c

And now I'm down €30....

EAAARRGGHHH!!

I'll sell you my limited edition copy for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

font sizes are cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The deals expired and you'd have to make purchases over £25 for free postage. But it did remind me to buy the game and I knew I'd seen it cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames4hzbsp6vf2/

It's £12.22 plus £1.99 for postage(£14.21 total). That's just over €20 when converted. I just bought a copy for myself. Impulse buying. *Tut tut tut*

Damn! Now out of stock. Damn you readyletsgo and allyall!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Damn! Now out of stock. Damn you readyletsgo and allyall!
    I might have one in my basket, if i do, will i order for you?

EDIT

I can makre a guest checkout with your email address, and then you can check it.

Do you wanna PM me your email address.

Best price on wonderful 101 anyone?

You're a month too late. I posted a link for just under £13 from Shopto. I can't see anywhere with a good deal now.

• Advertisement

It's not great, but

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/shop4world/product/12911/?l-id=gb_search_product_2

10% off using code CYBER10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement