Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

Signed up to this, put my name down for this if there is space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So lads 24 manager's registered interest in joining this so far in just 3 weeks.I think it's nearly time too get the show on the road.I'm thinking of 4 division's.20 team's per division.All players's who have registered an interest so far can pick their own club's providing that no one has picked them before hand.The other clubs i will randomly pick too fill the game world and i will also "lock" the world so no one can take over a team without permission from me or a mod.
    If your are interested in joining just leave your name here and youll be added too the list of players

Also after we start we can let people who only find this thread join too mid season or even join next season

The 24 hour rule now applys too people too pick there team's or we will skip them too the next player.BUT when you log back in after being skipped you may chose immediatly from any club's that are not used yet!

1. MrMac84 : Dortmund
    2. Vito Corleone : Manchester City
    3. Yakult : Sunderland
    4. Manzoor14 : Arsenal
    5. IvySlayer : West Brom
    6. icarus86 : Athletico Madrid
    7. MrKingsley : Tottenham
    8. danwhite88 : Liverpool
    9. WilcoOut : Barcelona
    10. kryogen
    11. theRB
    12. allanb49
    13. wnolan1992
    14. batistuta9
    15. Rafa1977
    16. soap1978
    17. tvc15
    18. swoody
    19. Maldjd23
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya

So 25 player's so far i think the 4 division's with 20 team's per division will make it very competitive and loads of room for new player's too join in!

PS All the help from wnolan1992 and other's is great as sometime's i can only log in on the phone and not a laptop so hard too keep up

Do I have to wait for all the others to pick my team? What's the Game World ID for this particular game? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Do I have to wait for all the others to pick my team? What's the Game World ID for this particular game? Thanks.
    just wondering the same?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

just wondering the same?

Yup. Ye've to wait until those above ye in the list have chosen.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yup. Ye've to wait until those above ye in the list have chosen.
    kool no hass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭batistuta9

While we're waiting, perhaps some of the more experienced players can tell me how much control you have?

Like, I'm just tinkering around here with Wolfsburg in a random championship to get ready for ours, and I just clicked finances. Under income it has Gate Receipts, TV income, sponsorships, merchandise, etc. Do you actually have any say in this? Like, ways of boosting it? Or is it all dependent on how your team is doing on the pitch?

it just like MrMac84 said

the TV revenue is always the same each week home or away, though you'll get a bit more in a week when playing in a cup

the gate receipts are dependant on how well the team is doing in the league and you get some as well from cup games but none from away league games

sponsor & merchandise are for home weeks too, maybe cup games i'm not sure

to an extent you can control the wages, but you don't decide how much a player gets paid that depends on their rating, but if their rating increases you don't have to give them a new contract straight away, though they'll develop a concern (between 1 & 5, at 5 they demand a transfer) after a while & their moral will drop.
    though you obviously can control how many players you have making up the wage bill

the only thing you can really make money with is from transfers. Before soccermanager reviewed leagues periodically, the big ones 3 times a year, some others twice & smaller leagues about once a year, if even that for some.

You could see what leagues were next to be reviewed, which meant that you could buy players from these leagues for cheap with a low rating who're going to rise, then after their transfer ban is up sell them on again - unless they're worth keeping
    that's changed now & they seem to be doing rating changes for players any time at all with no structure to it, at least not as much as there was.

Though that's what you need to be doing if managing a small team with a small stadium, say a division 4 team or something & looking to build them up, it's probably not needed for the really big clubs as moneys easier made with them + they already have high rated players.
    but something like that will be of use to some of the clubs picked here

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cheers lads. Nice to learn more about it. Just had my first game there, 2-1 win in a friendly. :)

Can you get sacked from a club? Like I got a message from the board saying what they expect from me. If I don't fulfill that am I in danger? And in our custom game world is it possible to disable it if it's there?

Also, one of the other human managers in my league just picked up Ronaldo for 2,000,000 and two average players. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Cheers lads. Nice to learn more about it. Just had my first game there, 2-1 win in a friendly. :)

Can you get sacked from a club? Like I got a message from the board saying what they expect from me. If I don't fulfill that am I in danger? And in our custom game world is it possible to disable it if it's there?

Also, one of the other human managers in my league just picked up Ronaldo for 2,000,000 and two average players. :pac:

Yeah you can set up your own rules such as being sacked.

• Advertisement

Same.

Got bet 2-0 though.

Roll on the Boards Game !! :pac:

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Yeah you can set up your own rules such as being sacked.

I've never seen anyone being sacked in a normal gameworld, so wnolan1992 no not in a normal GW

maybe in custom one's you can enforce it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone being sacked in a normal gameworld, so wnolan1992 no not in a normal GW

maybe in custom one's you can enforce it

Yeah, sorry I should have been more clear, you cannot get sacked in a normal game world, only in a custom game if you chose to do so, it can be disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Can't believe the options I still have available to me! So many teams, Madrid, Bayern, Juve.....

I'm already playing a game as United so I want to try someone different I think, Give me Ronado please!

Pick: Real Madrid

10. kryogen : Real Madrid
    11. theRB
    12. allanb49
    13. wnolan1992
    14. batistuta9
    15. Rafa1977
    16. soap1978
    17. tvc15
    18. swoody
    19. Maldjd23
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

only 6 more until my pick, should only take a couple of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Whats involved lads? If its handy to use and not too time consuming count me in or am I too late?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Whats involved lads? If its handy to use and not too time consuming count me in or am I too late?

I'm a complete n00b to the site as well, and I can say it's very easy to get to grips with so far. I'd recommend if you do decide to join, sign up to the site, take over a random team, then do the tutorial. It's actually a really good grounding in the basics.

As for time, I'd say you'd need less than an hour a week at it. Maybe even less than that. It's really up to you how much time you invest, the more time you put in, the better your team will get. Like, it took me an hour to do the tutorial and set up my squad for my game earlier. Ten minutes later on and I'll be set for tomorrow's game (only reason I have games one after the other is because they're friendlies, normally it's 2 matches/week AFAIK).

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

I'll take Chelsea :)

11. theRB : Chelsea
    12. allanb49 : Portsmouth
    13. wnolan1992 : Wolfsburg
    14. batistuta9 :
    15. Rafa1977
    16. soap1978
    17. tvc15
    18. swoody
    19. Maldjd23
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno

Updated list, allanb49 chose Portsmouth a few pages back. I'm choosing Wolfsburg. Added eh i dunno to the list as he's expressed interest. If you're not up for it just say. :)

• Advertisement

14. batistuta9 :
    15. Rafa1977
    16. soap1978
    17. tvc15
    18. swoody
    19. Maldjd23
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno

Updated list, allanb49 chose Portsmouth a few pages back. I'm choosing Wolfsburg. Added eh i dunno to the list as he's expressed interest. If you're not up for it just say. :)
    no im in. Just had a quick look. Seems ok to use

I'll take Bayern München

EDIT: pm'd Rafa1977 there too

That Ronaldo deal smells like multiple accounts too me...the only time I seen Ronaldo sold was for kompany bale aguero and 50 million!ha

tvc15 wrote: »
    only 6 more until my pick, should only take a couple of weeks!
    24hour limit on people picking teams.

I won't put in the clause where you get sacked at all as alot of lads are new too this..

24hour limit on people picking teams.

I won't put in the clause where you get sacked at all as alot of lads are new too this..
    fair play Roman

fair play Roman
    Ha ha thanks very much... It's a silly rule as it doesn't just cover relagation if you fail too make play offs etc they sack you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

14. batistuta9 :
    15. Rafa1977
    16. soap1978
    17. tvc15
    18. swoody
    19. Maldjd23
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno

Come at me, with my budget of about £12 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

These are the kind of crowds you guys will have to expect at Fortress Fratton
    Record crowd watches Portsmouth. 17,204 fans turned out to watch Portsmouth against Leicester City breaking the previous home record attendance.

That Ronaldo deal smells like multiple accounts too me...the only time I seen Ronaldo sold was for kompany bale aguero and 50 million!ha

Yeah... a lot of dodgy dealings in this game world...

I took over Wolfsburg, the news story below my appointment as manager was the previous manager quitting the job. Clicked his name, he's now managing West Ham.

Checked my loan list, and he'd loaned out about four players to West Ham before he left! Bastard's in for a rude awakening when he logs in next... I recalled them all just to spite him. :pac:

1. Odin Spicy Putter : Dortmund
    14. batistuta9 : Bayern Munchen
    15. Rafa1977 :
    16. soap1978
    17. tvc15
    18. swoody
    19. Maldjd23
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno

• Advertisement

If a player is worth 20m what would i need to bid roughly to get him?? 30m?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement