Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

Any chance we drop the 24 hour limit a bit? It puts us out at the 4th of April if we take a day each for the remaining people! Can we reduce it to 6 hours, before allowing the subsequent selectors to pick and whenever the skipped manager does reply they can choose then and there

The chances that they will have their 'must have' selection picked is relatively low anyway now that all the big English clubs are picked. Can we also keep the limit for the selection process down to the current 30, obviously with anyone else allowed to join but without having to wait for their pick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tvc15 wrote: »
    Any chance we drop the 24 hour limit a bit? It puts us out at the 4th of April if we take a day each for the remaining people! Can we reduce it to 6 hours, before allowing the subsequent selectors to pick and whenever the skipped manager does reply they can choose then and there

The chances that they will have their 'must have' selection picked is relatively low anyway now that all the big English clubs are picked. Can we also keep the limit for the selection process down to the current 30, obviously with anyone else allowed to join but without having to wait for their pick

How bout 12hrs, gives people a chance to go to sleep without loosing a turn

There are still big (english)teams left would be the other reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Juventus-logo01_1.jpg

1. MrMac84 : Dortmund
    2. Vito Corleone : Manchester City
    3. Yakult : Sunderland
    4. Manzoor14 : Arsenal
    5. IvySlayer : West Brom
    6. icarus86 : Athletico Madrid
    7. MrKingsley : Tottenham
    8. danwhite88 : Liverpool
    9. WilcoOut : Barcelona
    10. kryogen : Real Madrid
    11. theRB : Chelsea
    12. allanb49 : Portsmouth
    13. wnolan1992 : Wolfsburg
    14. batistuta9 : Bayern Munchen
    15. Rafa1977 : Paris SG
    16. soap1978 : Man Utd
    17. tvc15 : AC Milan
    18. swoody : Juventus
    19. Maldjd23 :
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno
    27. GT_TDI_150
    28. foxerv1
    29. Midlife Crashes
    30. Daemos

Maldjd23 you're up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Bugger i was gonna go for Juve!!

Napoli for me so!

PM sent to Unkymo

• Advertisement

19. Maldjd23 : Napoli
    20. unkymo
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno
    27. GT_TDI_150
    28. foxerv1
    29. Midlife Crashes
    30. Daemos

This being at home on a day off is handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I'll pick Everton.

I sent Munster Magic a PM.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

20. unkymo : Everton
    21. Munster Magic
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno
    27. GT_TDI_150
    28. foxerv1
    29. Midlife Crashes
    30. Daemos

Really ploughing through now. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Really ploughing through now. :)

3 teams picked in an hour!

A phrase with "sucking" and "diesel" springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Newcastle for me please. pm sent to irishgoldberg

• Advertisement

Newcastle for me please. pm sent to irishgoldberg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :eek:

I had a league team or a Belgian team in mind but the toon are my team and was probably going with them, .... one less choice for me I suppose:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

tvc15 wrote: »

I don't think anyone has takin the full 24 hours yet tho and too be fair people are watching the thread now were flying threw the teams...I eager too get going now tho..

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :eek:

I've a league one in mind but the toon are my team and was probably going with them, .... one less choice for me I suppose:(

Ha, apologies but it was between Everton and Newcastle for me and unkymo picked them so I hadn't many options left. Have to say I am happy enough with Newcastle though

Ha, apologies but it was between Everton and Newcastle for me and unkymo picked them so I hadn't many options left. Have to say I am happy enough with Newcastle though

You should be ;), look after them!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

So once we get it filled, another ten providing others don't join is it game on?

I presume this game has updated with the January transfers?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Few more things I was wondering about, so I'm just going to throw some ideas out:

With the divisions, how many are promoted/relegated each season? Could we maybe do it the English way of 2 go up automatically and the next four are in a playoff?

Would it be possible to have a cup competition where the winners of all four divisions play each other (you win your division, as well as promotion you're in the semis of a "Champions Cup" or something)?

Can we have a league cup which has all teams from all four divisions in it?

Or perhaps two separate cups, one for the top two divisions, one for the bottom two?

So our GW will have 80 teams. Does that mean the only players we can buy/sell will be from those 80 clubs, or can we buy players from clubs outside our 4 divisions?

EDIT: Updated list

20. unkymo : Everton
    21. Munster Magic : Newcastle
    22. irishgoldberg
    23. turniphead
    24. king size mars bar
    25. Abracastabya
    26. eh i dunno
    27. GT_TDI_150
    28. foxerv1
    29. Midlife Crashes
    30. Daemos

lads,

how do you check out the quality of squads as they would be at start of any/our game here? Need to look at a few squads to see who I prefer...

So once we get it filled, another ten providing others don't join is it game on?
    Soon enough ill set a date for creation of league and even tho players will be left join it after that they must use teams already in our game world.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

getting close to my pick ye ha!

• Advertisement

I presume this game has updated with the January transfers?
    As we're starting a new game world the squads will be upto date as today!so any last minute loan deals etc will go threw (for example the juve manager will have anelka on loan from shanghai)

lads,

how do you check out the quality of squads as they would be at start of any/our game here? Need to look at a few squads to see who I prefer...
    Player wise as I said above they'll be right exactly upto the day of creation!as for wnolan1992 ill answer those questions in a little bit just gettin ready for work

Player wise as I said above they'll be right exactly upto the day of creation!as for wnolan1992 ill answer those questions in a little bit just gettin ready for work

but I'm just wondering how far ahead behind the masses I'll be depending on what team I pick, so is there a way of seeing the player ratings of teams before we start?

but I'm just wondering how far ahead behind the masses I'll be depending on what team I pick, so is there a way of seeing the player ratings of teams before we start?

You could just start a new game on the site and select one of the teams you're thinking about to manage. Then when you've seen the Overalls, quit that club, select another, repeat as needed.

I also read on the site that all their Overalls are based on some "Soccer Wiki", so maybe if you go there it'll have all the ratings?

Ok, I had a look at the soccer wiki ...

the lowest avg rated team(included subs) in my list of maybe's is @ 75, the rest are @81-84,
    considering Barca are @ 86, how big is a 5-10 gap in avg rating?

Are we talking 3/4/5-0 hiding week in week out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ok, I had a look at the soccer wiki ...

the lowest avg rated team(included subs) in my list of maybe's is @ 75, the rest are @81-84,
    considering Barca are @ 86, how big is a 5-10 gap in avg rating?
    can you post a link for this

eh i dunno wrote: »
    can you post a link for this

http://en.soccerwiki.org/wiki.php

I just had a big reply wrote out and phone glitches... Disaster!will write it on laptop later

There will be four divisions.1 2 3 & 4. The top two teams in divisions 2 3 & 4 automatically get promoted.the teams placed 3 4 5 & 6 will be in a playoff.

The bottom 3 teams in divisions 1 2 & 3 will get renagated each season but it will not cost you your job.you get financial bonus's each season for promotion.

• Advertisement

As far as I can remember theres 2 cups and a shield.teams knocked out of the cup in the first round go into the shield but there is no cup open too just your Divison so plenty opertuinity for cup "giant killings". Some people have said only playing 2 matchs a week isn't enough for them but between cups and league you could have a match every 2 days.also you can schedule friendlys too against any team you wish.one thing I would point out is too beware that too compete on all fronts (cup and league) you'll need a big squad as suspensions injury & fatigue play a big part.

It's for this reason is recigmend taking over a good club as you can.just because alot if clubs in England are gone doesn't mean there's not BETTER clubs out there.i
    You can pick ANY club in the world..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement