Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

is this still open....if so can i join?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If Wolfsburg are left when it's my time to choose, throw me down as them. If someone else wants them, fire away, I've a few others in mind anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

@allanb49 I'd say your safe enough with them!

@swoody Yup its still open...See post #52 from my self where i go into more details but ill add you no problem

@wnolan1992 noted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭batistuta9

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So lads 18 manager's registered interest in joining this so far in just over 2 week's.I think it's nearly time too get the show on the road.I'm thinking of 2 division's.20 team's per division.All players's who have registered an interest so far can pick their own club's providing that no one has picked them before hand.The other clubs i will randomly pick too fill the game world and i will also "lock" the world so no one can take over a team without permission from me or a mod.I took into consideration just using small club's but the club's with the most money win out there by snapping up Messi & Ronaldo ASAP.By using big club's (only 40 tho) their will be plenty of free agent's up for grab's or quaility player's at unmanaged club's for people too buy.Just cause you take over a big team team i.e Barca doesnt mean you'll win everything with 3 cup's and the league etc the season's are long,player's pick up injury's too.Also player's can develop concern's and leave for half nothing if you dont rotate your team.

Any feedback / idea's welcome too

None of the smaller clubs would be able to afford players like Messi & Ronaldo with the transfer fee they'll cost & their wages from the start of it, so you'd need to build them up

even if they have the money to buy them, the wages are high (100k+ a week), the smaller clubs have small stadiums so don't make a lot of money at all - if any, at the start or any time at all actually, you need to make the money from risers, etc.

with smaller clubs you'll be looking for players in the low to mid 80's rating, maybe 1/2 high rated 80's or some one who's going to rise - not players rated 90+

like look at who's been picked already Dortmund with an 80k stadium & lots of high rated players, man city nearly 50k stadium & have lots of high rated players too.

I think the big clubs idea from the start is a bad one

It'll go like this: you won't be selling Gotze/hummels/etc. & he won't be selling Silva/Aguero/etc. repeat this through all the GW with every team.

They'll be very few if any free agents appearing that will improve teams - every team picked will have an average rating of at least 90 for their starting line up - as the players like that will already be at managed clubs so won't become free agents.

they'll be some player at external clubs or the unmanaged teams in the divisions who'll have a high rating or improve teams after a while but not many

starting this way with everyone at big clubs is like joining a normal gameworld after 5/6/7/8 seasons with a smallish team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

1. Odin Spicy Putter
    2. Vito Corleone
    3. Yakult
    4. dulpit
    5. Manzoor14
    6. vySlayer
    7. icarus86
    8. MrKingsley
    9. danwhite88
    10. WilcoOut
    11. kryogen
    12. theRB
    13. allanb49
    14. wnolan1992
    15. batistuta9
    16. Rafa1977
    17. soap1978
    18. tvc15

So lads 18 manager's registered interest in joining this so far in just over 2 week's.I think it's nearly time too get the show on the road.I'm thinking of 2 division's.20 team's per division.All players's who have registered an interest so far can pick their own club's providing that no one has picked them before hand.The other clubs i will randomly pick too fill the game world and i will also "lock" the world so no one can take over a team without permission from me or a mod.I took into consideration just using small club's but the club's with the most money win out there by snapping up Messi & Ronaldo ASAP.By using big club's (only 40 tho) their will be plenty of free agent's up for grab's or quaility player's at unmanaged club's for people too buy.Just cause you take over a big team team i.e Barca doesnt mean you'll win everything with 3 cup's and the league etc the season's are long,player's pick up injury's too.Also player's can develop concern's and leave for half nothing if you dont rotate your team.

If your are interested in joining this is still open guy's!
    Also after we start we can let people who only find this thread join too mid season or even joing next season etc..

Any feedback / idea's welcome too

Hey mate, are you going to post up the teams that are going to be in it. I would like Bayern if they are still around by the time its my choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

@allanb49 I'd say your safe enough with them!

@swoody Yup its still open...See post #52 from my self where i go into more details but ill add you no problem

@wnolan1992 noted !!

I'm out for scalps

allanb49 wrote: »
    I'm out for scalps

They'll be few & far between :pac:

That's it you're on my list..

1.batistuta9
    2.Alexander Barkan
    3.Edwin Guthman
    4.Maxwell Dane
    5.Charles Dyson
    6.Howard Stein
    7.Allard Lowenstein
    8.Morton Halperin
    9.Leonard Woodcock
    10.S. Sterling Munro, Jr.
    11.Bernard T. Feld
    12.Sidney Davidoff
    13.John Conyers
    14.Samuel M. Lambert
    15.Stewart Rawlings Mott
    16.Ron Dellums
    17.Daniel Schorr
    18.S. Harrison Dogole
    19.Paul Newman
    20.Mary McGrory

My current team.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Personally, I don't have anything against using the top teams, but maybe it might be worth considering excluding clubs who's budget will give them an insanely unfair advantage?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking:

Man City
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    PSG

(There are probably more, those are just the ones I can think of)

If you excluded those six, you'd get a good mix of teams that are good now but still have room for improvement.

But as I said, I don't really mind either way, I'm looking for a solid mid-table performance. :pac:

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    My current team.

is this in another GW or for this one?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't have anything against using the top teams, but maybe it might be worth considering excluding clubs who's budget will give them an insanely unfair advantage?

are you using real life to judge those budgets or soccermanager?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    are you using real life to judge those budgets or soccermanager?

Real life. I just assumed those particular clubs would start off with higher budgets. Not to mention they'd have all the best players in the world and would be reluctant to sell on. I think it'd be more fun if we all took mid-table teams (or below) and built them up. That way we'd all start someway equal, as opposed to 4-5 people having a distinct advantage from the get-go.

But really, I don't mind too much. I'm happy to go with whatever.

Real life. I just assumed those particular clubs would start off with higher budgets. Not to mention they'd have all the best players in the world and would be reluctant to sell on. I think it'd be more fun if we all took mid-table teams (or below) and built them up. That way we'd all start someway equal, as opposed to 4-5 people having a distinct advantage from the get-go.

But really, I don't mind too much. I'm happy to go with whatever.

all the bigger clubs will have big enough budgets but it's been a few years since i started a GW before it began, so i can't remember what the budgets of the top team were & how similar you could say they were to real life estimates.

i'm not sure how they work it out either, had a quick look at the forum & it seems it may be dependant on division & stadium, not real life

but city & PSG won't have billions for example anyway, maybe not even that much more than some clubs & they'll be teams with more than city & PSG i think

I agreed with you on the selling of players & starting with small clubs - i'd be talking division 4 & 3 not mid table, as a mid table team eg. Newcastle will still have plenty of money, big stadium & some decent enough players

but then people would have to know what way to play soccermanager with a small club - not that it's hard :pac: it just takes a bit more time/research

1. MrMac84 : Dortmund
    2. Vito Corleone : Manchester City
    3. Yakult
    4. dulpit
    5. Manzoor14
    6. vySlayer
    7. icarus86
    8. MrKingsley
    9. danwhite88
    10. WilcoOut
    11. kryogen
    12. theRB
    13. allanb49
    14. wnolan1992
    15. batistuta9
    16. Rafa1977
    17. soap1978
    18. tvc15
    19. swoody

I think everyone starts of with really small teams then people will get board pretty quick.Also if after playing this game world for awhile we can start a new one if people dont like it..

Also the budgets for EVERYTEAM depend on stadium size and attendence at the games (it goes up when your doing well) Yes yeams start off with good players but management plays a big part too

14 months or so ago i bought Rues and Lewandowski for half nothing and are both now 92 rated.So players are there if you work hard.Also the likes of Messi & Ronaldo's dont get sold much as there the best in the world...

Tactics play a big part in this game!!

bought Gotze for 380k beat that :pac:

bought Gotze for 380k beat that :pac:

And whats he now?94?

So i think we start off with big teams and see how it pans out...If felas could start getting there teams in now be great!

And whats he now?94?

So i think we start off with big teams and see how it pans out...If felas could start getting there teams in now be great!

just went up to 93 there in January, worth 29,080,000 :D

yeah may as well, PM them.

have you setup the GW yet, i don't want to pick my team until i see them :pac:

I'll send out a mass PM to everyone on that list just as a reminder. Been waiting for Yakult for a while so couldn't hurt to give a reminder. :)

just went up to 93 there in January, worth 29,080,000 :D

yeah may as well, PM them.

have you setup the GW yet, i don't want to pick my team until i see them :pac:

No i dont cuz if i set it up we'll only have a few days too get it started
    I wanted too wait till most teams were picked

Im going too make a world championship so any teams feals want they can request them...Ill even put in Pompey

• Advertisement

I'll send out a mass PM to everyone on that list just as a reminder. Been waiting for Yakult for a while so couldn't hurt to give a reminder. :)

That be great!

PM sent around. Didn't send it to MrMac, Vito Corleone or batistuta9 because I could only send it to 15 people and ye definitely know what's going on. :)

PM sent around. Didn't send it to MrMac, Vito Corleone or batistuta9 because I could only send it to 15 people and ye definitely know what's going on. :)

Brilliant..Thanks...Hopefully fela's understand its in order too choose team's..There are some gem of team's that people wouldnt normally think of!

No i dont cuz if i set it up we'll only have a few days too get it started
    I wanted too wait till most teams were picked

Im going too make a world championship so any teams feals want they can request them...Ill even put in Pompey

Is there anyway/where to see the starting balances & squads of the teams then?

Ya there is before you take control you can view squad's that include's the balance too

Ya there is before you take control you can view squad's that include's the balance too

yeah i know that, that's what it's usually like

but you said you weren't creating it until most teams were picked, will it be up by the time it's my go?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey, count me out - time won't allow... :(

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey, count me out - time won't allow... :(

it's not really time consuming, 5min a day max (if even) would do you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

it's not really time consuming, 5min a day max (if even) would do you

Work/etc can put me a few days away from here, so best to leave someone else who can give the time..

Sorry!

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Work/etc can put me a few days away from here, so best to leave someone else who can give the time..

Sorry!

i was only giving you an idea of what you'd need to put in, in case you thought it was a lot

i've been in GW & people only login on matchdays too, you can get away with spending very little time at it

no need to apologise, i get to moved up the list to pick a team :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement