Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭theglobe

batistuta9 wrote: »
    this is for the setanta pack to cancel online isn't it?

they don't send it or a letter, you've to ring up to get it. then you can cancel online. actually true :pac:

you could cancel via email instead of that form on the website though.
    people cancelled that way last time there was a deal, you won't get any offer to say though that way unless you ask for it

Yes thank you. Only ordered today but checked what I had to do to cancel. I knew they were up to some devilment alright ;) I supposed I'd need to email them in advance looking for offer so I dont get fecked for 22e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

icdg wrote: »
    New look graphics on Setanta for Premier League today, the first time they have completely changed their graphics since 2007. Comes with possibly the most riddiculous game clock I've ever seen.

Yes the clock is crazy looking .
    Good to have Des Curran back commentating though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

I liked the clock, I can see it now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

theglobe wrote: »
    Yes thank you. Only ordered today but checked what I had to do to cancel. I knew they were up to some devilment alright ;) I supposed I'd need to email them in advance looking for offer so I dont get fecked for 22e.

i checked that too :pac: then see from their twitter account that you needed to ring up to get the number.

just email looking for the number & to see if they've any offers as i think they cut you off there and then instead of the end of your month if you say you're cancelling in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

New look graphics on Setanta for Premier League today, the first time they have completely changed their graphics since 2007. Comes with possibly the most riddiculous game clock I've ever seen.

Is it the official Premier League Clock thats used on the international broadcasts or is it a Setanta graphic?

Looks ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is hideous

mikeym wrote: »
    Is it the official Premier League Clock thats used on the international broadcasts or is it a Setanta graphic?

Looks ridiculous.

Official clock is the same as last season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Setanta use their own graphics for their featured game. You used to see the world feed graphics when they went around the grounds at half time but dunno if that still happens.

how did they come with that :pac:

hardly be a marketing gimmick would it?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how did they come with that :pac:

hardly be a marketing gimmick would it?

They may have read this blog:

https://medium.com/@GuusterBeek/redesigning-the-world-cup-2014-brazil-5f3471869815

Or it may just be coincidence. Its an awful idea executed badly, either way.

• Advertisement

i'm not sure if that blog is taking the mick or not but some of the graphic look good enough i think. mobile app/game jumps out at me from though from it

it does look like it could've 'inspired' them alright.
    it'll get people talking about them though, whether that's the point or not it won't hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Interesting to see that Everton vs United is a Sunday kick off ands it's on BT....
    Everton in Uefa cup could be the reason?

Afaik Everton being in the UEFA Europa League is indeed the reason. At least one BT Sport Premier League game (iirc Manchester United v Tottenham) also aired on a Sunday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Picture quality on Setanta yesterday for the Everton match was very good for SD ,definitely better than the match later on Sky Sports SD .

see the Belgian league on setanta now, is this a new addition or did they have it before?

New. It was announced during the week.

With the same riddiculous clock, only in red. Though I'm told that's pure conincidence and the host broadcasters use the same package as Setanta.

I think every top flight league in Western Europe (if you take it as being the old EC-12), apart from Denmark and Luxembourg and, Ireland now has a UK broadcaster. I'm not how one can watch all that football now, although I'm quite enjoying the Benfica match on BT Sport at present.

russia & ukraine are the only two from the top 10 in the uefa coefficients that aren't shown

espn used to show the russian pl in a highlights package anyway, i can't remember if they showed it live. the portugese league too actually

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

With the same riddiculous clock, only in red. Though I'm told that's pure conincidence and the host broadcasters use the same package as Setanta.

Any screenshots of the clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Elmo wrote: »
    With the same riddiculous clock, only in red. Though I'm told that's pure conincidence and the host broadcasters use the same package as Setanta./QUOTE]

Any screenshots of the clock!
    https://twitter.com/dangerhere/status/503191781111246848/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

The clock needs to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Delta2113 wrote: »
    The clock needs to go!

They should have it rotating every 10 seconds, surprising how little information they can fit into that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi just wondering is it possible to get all the BT sports channels on a sky subscription? Don't see anything about it on the sky website and cant find much about it online, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Hi just wondering is it possible to get all the BT sports channels on a sky subscription? Don't see anything about it on the sky website and cant find much about it online, thanks!

You can get BT in addition to your Sky sub - through Setanta here in Ireland.

Setanta presenting from the stadium tonight for a football match for I think the first time since Setanta GB went out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Setanta presenting from the stadium tonight for a football match for I think the first time since Setanta GB went out of business.

I presume this is to do with the contract that they signed with the FAI to exclusively show all Irish internationals?

buyer95 wrote: »
    I presume this is to do with the contract that they signed with the FAI to exclusively show all Irish internationals?

It is only home friendlies that they have exclusive live rights to.

They've been buying up most away friendlies though these go on a match by match basis. Competitive games remain on RTE and Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭theglobe

So I just emailed Setanta looking for discount post 1e deal. They responded within 2 minutes saying there are no deals. Are they bluffing or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

theglobe wrote: »
    So I just emailed Setanta looking for discount post 1e deal. They responded within 2 minutes saying there are no deals. Are they bluffing or what?
    Did you email them back with a link to the offer on their website?

Advertisement