Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

closeline wrote: »
    I know it is 35 for full sports package but how much for either do you know? It is some disgrace that you have to get an entertainment package if you want to get the sports
    Don't quote me on this but I think its €35 for the full package and €20 for SS1 or SS2.... So your talking about €40 P/M for most if not all PL games broadcast in Ireland including all sport on Setanta Ireland/1, BT 1/2, ESPN and Sky Sports 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just got an email from Setanta

7qbkjN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So even tho I recently upgraded to the HD box, with the only interesting channel being ESPN HD for the UFC and Premier League games, thats completely gone now?
    Where's showing the UFC now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

muffler wrote: »
    Just got an email from Setanta

7qbkjN.jpg

Dam missed out on that Deal
    I got €19.99 and free multi room on second sky box
    I gather its €19.99 after 2 months €12.99 price

I have 3 sky HD BOX
    €19.99
    Multi room second sky box free Subscription
    third sky box €2.99 Subscription

Pity they did not send me that email yesterday before I subscribed

The_B_Man wrote: »
    So even tho I recently upgraded to the HD box, with the only interesting channel being ESPN HD for the UFC and Premier League games, thats completely gone now?
    ESPN will still be broadcasting under the control of BT, Included in your subscription will be BT 1 HD, BT 2 HD and ESPN HD.... Setanta Ireland/1 will remain in SD on satellite as they obviously did a deal with UPC for exclusive HD content.

• Advertisement

Well my subscription is just the normal HD sub. Not any extra sports or movies. I was getting ESPN and ESPN HD for free, but I'm assuming they'll be gone by the time I get home.

BT Sport now have the Premier League games and UFC
    BT Sport Channel Line up is

BT Sport 1
    BT Sport 2
    ESPN

Sky have lost the rights to ESPN
    Espn Europe was sold to BT Sport
    Espn America channel is closed down
    Espn Classic is closed down

BT Sport 1 HD
    BT Sport 2 HD
    ESPN HD

go to BT Sport website to see full range of sports they now have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

irishfeen wrote: »
    I have heard of people having problems in the past with Setanta but fair is fair.... any dealings I have ever had with them was good, never a bother cancelling direct debit or anything.

Yes fair is fair and I've had problems with transmission and cancelling in the past. I'm not going through Setanta for anything and the fact that they're holding people to ransom here is testament that they can't attract people to their own rubbish channels, so instead opt to control access to superior services.

Well my subscription is just the normal HD sub. Not any extra sports or movies. I was getting ESPN and ESPN HD for free, but I'm assuming they'll be gone by the time I get home.
    Are you with sky or UPC mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No UPC prices yet?

Unreal

• Advertisement

Yes fair is fair and I've had problems with transmission and cancelling in the past. I'm not going through Setanta for anything and the fact that they're holding people to ransom here is testament that they can't attract people to their own rubbish channels, so instead opt to control access to superior services.
    The thing is without Setanta and BT coming to an agreement we would have had to pay 3 separate subscriptions to watch the games...

Are you with sky or UPC mate?

Sorry, should have said I'm with UPC.

So what I gather is that if I want to watch the UFC, I've to subscribe to Setanta for 20 euro a month.

The thing is without Setanta and BT coming to an agreement we would have had to pay 3 separate subscriptions to watch the games...

Can I order BTSports through Sky without setanta?

So what I gather is that if I want to watch the UFC, I've to subscribe to Setanta for 20 euro a month.
    To be honest no one seems to really know what's the story with BT on UPC yet in terms of price and structure but you can take it for granted that it will be something around €20 p/m as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No, you have to take the full Setanta/BT package

Edit/ you order through Setanta and not Sky btw

UPC are working on a deal with Setanta as BT Sport in the UK have given Setanta the rights for broadcasting there new Channels in Ireland and that's includes Espn

You have 2 Choices
    1 If you have Sky subscribe to Setanta Pack from Setanta €19.99 or see above mention of special offer €12.99 for 2 months

2 UPC have the channels listed on there EPG but still are working on the a deal with Setanta
    UPC it will be subscribing to setanta pack
    Were waiting on UPC to provide the subscription price

Note Setanta Ireland channel on UPC not affected by this that's still free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Best value Setanta deal ( through sky ) is the annual deal for €199.99 ( so effectively two months free ).

Not without Setanta but yes without Sky Sports... as such BT don't have any involvement in Ireland at all, they launched in the UK almost for the sole purpose of selling more Internet/Phone/TV packages in the UK... they came to an agreement with Setanta to become part of the "Setanta Pack" so they don't have to bother trying to get people to subscribe in Ireland as its not really beneficial to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Espn, bt sport 1 & 2 are now all broadcasting on upc for those who have a setanta subscription

big dar wrote: »
    Espn, bt sport 1 & 2 are now all broadcasting on upc for those who have a setanta subscription
    Are they available in HD too on UPC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

It's free to view in the UK on all platforms (bar virgin I think). A 1 hour simulcast between 1 and 2 then they go their separate ways. I can't wait to see the studio. Craig Doyle is hosting BTS2 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

€16 a month with 2 months free

big dar wrote: »

That's Correct for those who already had a subscribed to the Setanta Pack
    which was only Setanta sport 1 was €16.99

Problem now
    is that pack no longer available from UPC

New Pack price we don't no yet
    I wonder if more than €16.99 as it was before are existing UPC Setanta pack subscribers in for a price increase when the new Setanta Pack goes live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

€16pm on UPC with first 2 months free.

http://www.upc.ie/television/channels/SS/

Not without Setanta but yes without Sky Sports... as such BT don't have any involvement in Ireland at all, they launched in the UK almost for the sole purpose of selling more Internet/Phone/TV packages in the UK... they came to an agreement with Setanta to become part of the "Setanta Pack" so they don't have to bother trying to get people to subscribe in Ireland as its not really beneficial to them.

Thanks for clarifying. This is why I won't be getting it. On the face of it it looks like a good deal for Setanta customers but because of my previous issues and the way they conduct business I won't be subscribing with them. They have always tried to trap customers rather than try to offer the best service which I just find sickening.

€16pm on UPC with first 2 months free.

http://www.upc.ie/television/channels/SS/

Well that puts and end to the waiting

same price as before
    and they must be glad now they have information to give out
    I would not have like to be working in customer service today at UPC LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Not too bad i suppose. Thought they might add something as a sweetener to current subscribers where ESPN is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

NO Premier League games on Setanta Ireland anymore :(

Setanta Plus pack
    The pack will have all of Setanta’s 33 Premier League games plus BT Sport’s 38 games including 18 ‘top pick’ games. That’s a total of 71 games including 6 Man United, 6 Liverpool and 6 Arsenal games in the opening weeks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Obviously that was the source of the "two months free" rumour that was doing the rounds earlier in the week.

But why all the mystery? UPC's handling of this whole affair leaves a lot to be desired. Obviously negotiations are confidential, but the lack of communication with their customers (particularly about the fact that most customers would be losing ESPN, something Virgin Media were warning their customers about for some time) was not good.

• Advertisement

NO Premier League games on Setanta Ireland anymore :(

Setanta Plus pack

You get more Premierships Games Setanta

In the UK/N Ireland you have to subscribe to Setanta separate from BT Sport

In the Rep Of Ireland using SKY or UPC
    you get both in the same package

In Rep of Ireland we get a better Deal than the UK do

BT Sport’s 38 Premier games
    Setanta’s 33 Premier League

Advertisement