Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Setanta still broadcasting on Eircom's Sportshub online. Similar scenario as with UPC in that Eircom haven't said what's happening with Setanta from today.

I'm not a subscriber with Setanta on satellite but ESPN is still available on Sky 417 and now ESPN HD on 433. You needed a Sky HD sub to view this channel previously. Is this part of the free day that BT Sport are doing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trueblue1894

BTSports will not be available in ROI i was on to BT earlier,speaking to what i can only assume was a spotty 16 yr old who didn't know his harris from his elbow but after 15 mins got me a manager who told me there are no immediate plans to cover the ROI for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trueblue1894

BTSports will not be available in the R.O.I just got off the phone with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

BTSports will not be available in ROI i was on to BT earlier,speaking to what i can only assume was a spotty 16 yr old who didn't know his harris from his elbow but after 15 mins got me a manager who told me there are no immediate plans to cover the ROI for the forseeable future.
    That's rubbish
    I have the setanta pack
    BT Sport 1
    BT Sport 2
    ESPN
    Setanta Ireland
    Setanta Sports 1 real name is Premier Sports

HD
    BT Sport 1
    BT Sport 2
    ESPN

BT Sport have done a Deal with Setanta to supply there channels on SKY Ireland
    €19.99 and when you subscribe online with Setanta you get a message you can have multi room on a second sky box free after that extra sky boxes up to max of 4 in total is €2.99 per box

UPC are still working on deal with Setanta to provide BT Sport Channels
    BT Sport 1
    BT Sport 2
    ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Programme listings are up now on upc for both BT sport channels starting at 6.oopm

paulboland wrote: »
    Setanta Sports 1 real name is Premier Sports

Will this change on the Sky RoI EPG? It's still Setanta Sports 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Funny how it appeared on the UPC EPG this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

So, according to BT Sport twitter account, today's coverage is free and available on Sky 413. I could set the City Bayern game to record so hopefully it'll record.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dbpackers

BTSports will not be available in the R.O.I just got off the phone with them

Correct and not correct. BT Sports will not be available directly in that BT no longer has a Broadband presence in the R.O.I. But they have done a deal with Setanta to carry the channels. Setanta provide access to their content via Sky, UPC and Eircom.

• Advertisement

Will this change on the Sky RoI EPG? It's still Setanta Sports 1.
    Its been called Premier Sports for Months from around April of this year

No need to change it as would confuse customers
    Sky and UPC both still use Setanta Sports 1
    on the Epg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dbpackers

TV guide is working online
    http://tv-guide.upc.ie/TV/

Hmmm. When I follow this link I see Setanta, Setanta 1 and ESPN America. No mention of BT Sports.

So, according to BT Sport twitter account, today's coverage is free and available on Sky 413. I could set the City Bayern game to record so hopefully it'll record.

Both BT Sports 1 and 2 FREVIEW on Sky and Freeview and BT
    Today its free to view from 6.00pm to 12.45am
    Record should work but I doubt it will play
    after 12.45am play back
    But it should work up to 12.45am August 2

If you have subscribed Setanta Pack your not affected and can record all you want and play back at any stage

dbpackers wrote: »
    Hmmm. When I follow this link I see Setanta, Setanta 1 and ESPN America. No mention of BT Sports.

That's the online guide
    not a Digital box epg guide
    On UPC EPG Guide
    ESPN 407
    BT Sport 1 409
    BT Sport 2 410

ESPN HD 416
    BT SPORT 1 HD 439
    BT SPORT 2 HD 440

They still have espn America and classic listed with message no longer available
    This is UPC remember you don't expect them to be perfect do you lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

This is UPC remember you don't expect them to be perfect do you lol

You could easily replace the word perfect with competent there and your sentence would still be 100% correct

Both BT Sports 1 and 2 FREVIEW on Sky and Freeview and BT
    Today its free to view from 6.00pm to 12.45am
    Record should work but I doubt it will play
    after 12.45am play back
    But it should work up to 12.45am August 2

If you have subscribed Setanta Pack your not affected and can record all you want and play back at any stage

Thanks for that. Will view before 12.45 then :)

Just got a response from Setanta (via facebook) who said that the free coverage today/tonite is available in ROI. Sky 413.

Setanta still broadcasting on Eircom's Sportshub online. Similar scenario as with UPC in that Eircom haven't said what's happening with Setanta from today.

I'm not a subscriber with Setanta on satellite but ESPN is still available on Sky 417 and now ESPN HD on 433. You needed a Sky HD sub to view this channel previously. Is this part of the free day that BT Sport are doing today?

I cant say for sure on that as I have subscribed with Setanta and I have the channel because of my subscription

Its possible BT Sport has made the 3 channels free to view today as if you can view ESPN now and not with setanta then there for now free to view and then at 6pm bt sport 1 and 2 will be available

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 1630

Is the free coverage of BT Sports for UPC customers as well? Or only sky customers?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

1630 wrote: »
    Is the free coverage of BT Sports for UPC customers as well? Or only sky customers?

Cheers

UPC are still taking their time. Nothing free for UPC for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

ESPN on 407 now gone off air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Setanta Sports 1 will keep its name in Ireland and will not change to Premier Sports but they are the same channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Setanta Sports 1 will keep its name in Ireland and will not change to Premier Sports but they are the same channel.
    That makes no sense whatsoever... its either Premier Sports or Setanta Sports 1... what are they playing at?..talking about confusing the issue :rolleyes:

Just got a response from Setanta (via facebook) who said that the free coverage today/tonite is available in ROI. Sky 413.
    On sky its free tonight BT Sport 1 413

UPC don't have information if they will have it

But yes its free on sky tonight channel

irishfeen wrote: »
    That makes no sense whatsoever... its either Premier Sports or Setanta Sports 1... what are they playing at?..talking about confusing the issue :rolleyes:
    Its been that way for months
    By leaving it wont cause any confusion
    Setanta Sports 1 on epg
    On the Screen its will show Premier Sports right hand side of the screen

By leaving it causes no harm

You could easily replace the word perfect with competent there and your sentence would still be 100% correct
    ok
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Its been that way for months
    By leaving it wont cause any confusion
    Setanta Sports 1 on epg
    On the Screen its will show Premier Sports right hand side of the screen

By leaving it causes no harm
    I know it has been like that but its a completely stupid set-up, called one thing on the epg and another on screen .. its a ridiculous situation. They should change the name to Premier and be done with it, its actually extremely amateurish... put it this way sky sports would never ever do it.

irishfeen wrote: »

Confusing alright. From Setanta's facebook page posted earlier.

265215.jpg

1630 wrote: »

Cheers
    Its only sky tonight UK/Ireland

Freeview in UK and BT itself

6PM BT Sports starts
    ends at 12.45am the free to View

I don't know if at 6PM UPC you get BT Sport
    Only way to find out is at 6PM if its on to view on UPC but I doubt it will

If you have Sky system you will be able to tune in and watch for free tonight Freesat possible might work also but cant say for sure but I expect it would work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Agree totally.
    They have updated their page and as you can see it will be kept as Setanta 1

www.setanta.com/ie/gamechanger

Advertisement