Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

Can't believe Sky their arch rivals could strike a deal with BT but Virgin Media couldn't. I expect they will do a deal at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Not replying to people on twitter about it either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Deal for Ireland and the UK is different
    Sky in the UK you only had to subscribe to BT Sport and get ESPN

Sky in Ireland
    You had to subscribe to Setanta to get BT Sport and Espn and Setanta

UK Sky £12.99 sterling to subscribe to BT Sport not forced to subscribe to Setanta

Sky Ireland no choice have to subscribe to Setanta Pack €19.99

UPC Deal still noting confirmed except channels showing up on EPG no information given at all to any customers in advance

The above gave you information except UPC did not inform customers
    Sky sent out information to its customers about ESPN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Flip Flop wrote: »
    Can't believe Sky their arch rivals could strike a deal with BT but Virgin Media couldn't. I expect they will do a deal at some point in the future.

The only deal BT and SKY made is to be included on the EPG. Sky aren't involved in activation of channels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Berty44 wrote: »
    Very disappointed to see the demise of ESPN America in particular. ATH and PTI definitely will not be shown under the new regime, listening to the PTI podcast they said goodbye to all viewers in Europe and Africa where they said they would no longer be shown with the ending of ESPN America. As a previous poster said at least we have the podcasts.

Ditto man, morning routine gone! Was really getting used to the shows after the lose of Sportscenter!

What'll replace it I wonder! I can't be watching SSN!

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    A deal must be near conclusion and I will be surprised if its not almost identical to the one Sky have done, something around €20 month. Agreed it is poor PR to not deliver on a promised announcement but its a business agreement and must have met with a hitch somewhere...Virgin Media could not get the deal done.

Very disappointed to see the demise of ESPN America in particular. ATH and PTI definitely will not be shown under the new regime, listening to the PTI podcast they said goodbye to all viewers in Europe and Africa where they said they would no longer be shown with the ending of ESPN America. As a previous poster said at least we have the podcasts.

You can stll get ESPN America if you live in Germany as Sport 1 they bought the rights to the Channel
    Info Not of any use to anyone outside of Germany but just letting you know

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

A UPC rep on phone last night told me a price announcement from UPC would be made at 10 this morning and customers would get text message confirming new subscription fees.

Due North wrote: »
    A UPC rep on phone last night told me a price announcement from UPC would be made at 10 this morning and customers would get text message confirming new subscription fees.

Even if that's happens its a bit late
    As soon as ESPN was sold BT Sport UPC should have informed its customers that from 1st August what was happing with there ESPN Channels and that there working on a deal to supply BT Sport

Its the fact UPC told customers noting is what's bad
    At least Sky let its customers know they would be loosing the ESPN channels and how they will be able to get them after 1st August

UPC did notting

Constantin Medien-owned German broadcaster Sport1 has acquired a package of rights from ESPN America for a new channel which is set to launch on 1st August.
    ESPN America, which is ceasing its German operation, has sold on rights to the National Basketball Association (NBA), the National Football League (NFL), and Indycar, as well as several college sports, to the new service.
    Sport1 US will be available in both SD and HD and will be distributed across Germany, Austria and Switzerland through Kabel Deutschland, Sky Deutschland and Unitymedia/Kabel BW.

Its a new Channel but only available in above countries

ESPN America Channel is still broadcasting in USA not closed down

ESPN America Broadcast from ESPN Europe closed as BT Sport did not take up the rights to the Channel

ESPN Europe was sold to BT Sport
    BT Sport decided not to continue with ESPN America and also closed down ESPN Classic which was ESPN Europe Channel
    BT Sport only keeping The Standard ESPN Channel for now

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Been thinking of switching to SKY Digital with phone and BB from UPC (who I get the Sky Sports pack off) for a while now. Sick of the terrible remote lag and lack of communication around this thread's issue.

Sky doesn't seem more expensive. Maybe I need to get the calculator out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bring back NASN I say. Life was much simpler in those days......

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

UPC on Twitter, 09.44: "We’re still making preparations & the Setanta / BT announcement will be in the days ahead."

Days? Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Bring back NASN I say. Life was much simpler in those days......
    simplest when it was Screensport :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Mikey23 wrote: »
    UPC on Twitter, 09.44: "We’re still making preparations & the Setanta / BT announcement will be in the days ahead."

Days? Balls.

Yep: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/85787549

At lease they will have it

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

On their twitter now and this isn't there

It was posted on @UPC_IE_PR 20 minutes ago..it's still there as far as I can see

Premium Channels from UPC Website
    Setanta Pack no longer listed
    Must be about to be updated on website to show new channels

Expect it to show soon (Well some time this year lol)

It was posted on @UPC_IE_PR 20 minutes ago..it's still there as far as I can see

Yea I was looking on normal upc twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

upc tv guide down as well on line!

kooga wrote: »
    upc tv guide down as well!

Tv Guide is working
    horizon HD box it is working ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Yea I was looking on normal upc twitter

Was a bit sneaky of them since the original "ANNOUNCEMENT" tweet was on the @UPCIreland account, but then are we really surprised by this? Very disappointed that they still haven't provided any information...

upc tv guide down as well on line!

TV guide is working online
    http://tv-guide.upc.ie/TV/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

In addition i understannd that premier sports 1 branding replaces setants sports 1 in the Republic from today August 1 has anyway noticed this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The EPG label hadn't changed on UPC this morning, can't speak for satellite. Worth nothing though that the change really happened back in April and that Setanta Sports 1 has been Premier Sports on-air since then except during programmes aimed solely at ROI viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dbpackers

I'm normally very much in UPC's corner as I think that all things considered (BB, Phone and TV) it's a good package, but in this case they have handled it particularly badly. It's always been likely that they'd carry Setanta's new package (including BT Sports) but why leave it's subscribers in the dark for so long and then compound it by announcing announcements that don't happen.

There's no excuse. Sky sorted this out some time ago.

In addition i understannd that premier sports 1 branding replaces setants sports 1 in the Republic from today August 1 has anyway noticed this?
    Its been called premier sports changed to this name months ago sky and upc still call it setanta sports 1 on there epg
    setanta itself list it as premier sports

icdg wrote: »
    The EPG label hadn't changed on UPC this morning, can't speak for satellite. Worth nothing though that the change really happened back in April and that Setanta Sports 1 has been Premier Sports on-air since then except during programmes aimed solely at ROI viewers.
    Its still called Setanta Sports 1 on sky changing the epg name might confuse some people as I doubt a lot of customer knows Premier Sports is setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

BT have released the BT Sport app in iTunes and Google Play but it is only available in the UK :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not at home at the minute, but can anyone confirm that Setanta is still active? I have the max package, and been watching the F1 on setanta.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Yep Setanta still there for me anyway including HD

Advertisement