Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brian017

James__10 wrote: »
    What would be the cheapest way of subscribing?

It's €19.99 p/m or if you pay annually its €199 (i.e. you get 12 months for the price of 10)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,201 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Brian017 wrote: »
    It's €19.99 p/m or if you pay annually its €199 (i.e. you get 12 months for the price of 10)

16 per month upc two free months

• Registered Users Posts: 15,201 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Got the pack as soon as it came out , great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Could people who are subscribing to this package mention about the lack of Setanta Ireland/1 HD before giving their details... the more pressure that is put on them to launch the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

BT Sport 1&2 and ESPN still showing on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

ashdale5 wrote: »
    BT Sport 1&2 and ESPN still showing on Sky.

BT Sport 1 after encrypting. BT 2 & ESPN still on.

EDIT: BT 2 just after going off. ESPN still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

Anyone know if the setanta / BT HD channels are included in the €16 price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I will order the BT/Setanta pack later on just because Liverpool have a good few games on both stations before christmas, saw the big start last night and i will say looking at it that i was'nt overly impressed, apart from Tim Lovejoy, The presenters are very bland, just waiting on mark lawrenson to join them now and complete the process, plus they seem to think nobody ever saw the sports they are covering before even though they were on ESPN.

On another note i'm bitterly disappointed to see that ESPN America has closed down, i thoroughly enjoyed that station and in particular the NCAA football on saturday evenings after the 5 o'clock game.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

Has anyone had any issues getting the Setanta pack for free on their multiroom box? Do you just ring them after subscribing online and give them the viewing card number for your second box and ask them to add it for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

On another note i'm bitterly disappointed to see that ESPN America has closed down, i thoroughly enjoyed that station and in particular the NCAA football on saturday evenings after the 5 o'clock game.

Are BT sport going to show the NCAA American football??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

if you choose the 'pay by credit card' option on the setanta website is just a one off fee for the month (well the 2 month offer) subscription or is it set up as a recurring payment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Has anyone had any issues getting the Setanta pack for free on their multiroom box? Do you just ring them after subscribing online and give them the viewing card number for your second box and ask them to add it for free?

yeah i think you just ring up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Went online and ordered the Setanta UPC Sub via the website.

It said:

"Your order has been placed and we'll contact you within 2 working days."

Why do they need to contact me? Can't they just push it through?

I have a box and Digital plus channels (or whatever it is called), SS package and had the old ESPN set up,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wonder is there any scope for haggling with them on this. My contract is up on the 12th and I already get about €15 in discounts which I'll have to try and keep as well but has anyone ordered over the phone and tried to haggle?

I wonder is there any scope for haggling with them on this. My contract is up on the 12th and I already get about €15 in discounts which I'll have to try and keep as well but has anyone ordered over the phone and tried to haggle?
    I'd say haggling with Setanta would be very very hard now, 19.99/16.66 p/m is good value when you think about it, I had a subscription of about €5 p/m for about 12 months last year, they were begging me to stay but with increased subscribers I think they will be holding out for the full amount off just about everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

I will order the BT/Setanta pack later on just because Liverpool have a good few games on both stations before christmas, saw the big start last night and i will say looking at it that i was'nt overly impressed, apart from Tim Lovejoy, The presenters are very bland, just waiting on mark lawrenson to join them now and complete the process, plus they seem to think nobody ever saw the sports they are covering before even though they were on ESPN.

Did you see the promo for the Danny baker and Danny Kelly show thats one show to definitely miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i already have Setanta/BT on one box already
    does it cost anything extra to get it another box?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

MD1990 wrote: »
    i already have Setanta/BT on one box already
    does it cost anything extra to get it another box?
    €1.49 a month I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Axe2fall

Just off the phone (waiting 20 mins) from UPC, to have setanta 1, BT sport 1 and 2 and ESPn is an additional 16 yo yos per month and 2 x free months...

Shafted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Axe2fall wrote: »
    Just off the phone (waiting 20 mins) from UPC, to have setanta 1, BT sport 1 and 2 and ESPn is an additional 16 yo yos per month and 2 x free months...

Shafted again.

i gave up waiting on the phone after 20 mins on hold!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

kooga wrote: »
    i gave up waiting on the phone after 20 mins on hold!!

Why not order online?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Axe2fall

One can't have a rant online 1st prior to ordering!

9959 wrote: »
    Why not order online?

need to do a bit of negotiating with the customer loyalty team etc!!

Rang Setanta there about half an hour ago, the Scottish lad answering the phone didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. I asked him whats the story with Setanta Ireland/1 in HD and whether they would launch before the PL kicks off... he got all mixed up saying the PL games are in HD and I said 33 of them are not. He was taken aback and had to ask someone and finally came back and said there is no plans to have HD channels on sky.... :rolleyes: ... I just said ring back when they are in HD and i'll subscribe thinking he'd offer me something... he just said OK and put the phone down.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Rang Setanta there about half an hour ago, the Scottish lad answering the phone didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. I asked him whats the story with Setanta Ireland/1 in HD and whether they would launch before the PL kicks off... he got all mixed up saying the PL games are in HD and I said 33 of them are not. He was taken aback and had to ask someone and finally came back and said there is no plans to have HD channels on sky.... :rolleyes: ... I just said ring back when they are in HD and i'll subscribe thinking he'd offer me something... he just said OK and put the phone down.

i got him as well during the week when doing my own deal he's new ! so i hung up and rang back and got somebody else and now sorted!

i got him as well during the week when doing my own deal he's new ! so i hung up and rang back and got somebody else and now sorted!
    Ah that would explain it... I thought he might have been on the beer last night or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

I'm trying to think of what live sport wasn't available for free via Setanta Ireland, ESPN and ESPN America via the select extra and max packs on UPC that is now on the new BT Sport and ESPN. (Excld setanta 1) The only live sport that I wasn't getting that I can think of is.

Additional 32 Barclays Premier League games
    30 Skrill Conference Premier games

Is there anything else that BT have bought rights for that wasn't on the old ESPN pack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'm trying to think of what live sport wasn't available for free via Setanta Ireland, ESPN and ESPN America via the select extra and max packs on UPC that is now on the new BT Sport and ESPN. (Excld setanta 1) The only live sport that I wasn't getting that I can think of is.

Additional 32 Barclays Premier League games
    30 Skrill Conference Premier games

Is there anything else that BT have bought rights for that wasn't on the old ESPN pack ?

Moto GP and Live A-League football are the only other 2 that I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Sorry if this was already answered but does anyone know what will be on ESPN now that all of its programming has moved to the BT Sports channels? I'm hoping it'll mostly be the stuff that was on ESPN America but I can't find any info it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What deal did you get ?

Advertisement