Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

I could be wrong but I think you lose all your recorded programmes once the channels go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

BT Sport launch night available for free on Sky, BT and Freeview.

www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=CB6A31A3-A853-4EF9-99D4-5EEF568289FA/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Infoanon wrote: »
    Last program on ESPN Classic is the 1966 World Cup Highlights at 11.45 tonight, last program on ESPN America is 30 for 30:The U (Documentary series celebrating ESPN's 30th year on air) - ESPN America ceases at 6am August 1st.

Why do they seem to close my favourite channels ?
    The Golf Channel,Real Madrid Tv,Bravo and now ESPN Classic.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

xtal191 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think you lose all your recorded programmes once the channels go

Normally they'll move the old station to the 800s to allow you to watch on dvr for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

Just watched the last few seconds of ESPN Classic on UPC. Screen just went black at end of final documentary. No message on screen or anything to mark the end of the channel. Bye Bye ESPN Classic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Gone from ch 425 on Sky as well.

ESPN America on 426 is gone too. Just a black screen with programmes still listed to 6.00am.

ESPN America gone on UPC as well. In the end both channels finished at midnight. The main ESPN channel is still alive however, and broadcasting subscription free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

a crying shame. I thought they might have had a VO or something at least. sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

I already subscribe to setanta so do I have to ring them to subscribe to bt or will I automatically be subscribed to bt

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

baboo800 wrote: »
    I already subscribe to setanta so do I have to ring them to subscribe to bt or will I automatically be subscribed to bt
    You will be automatically subscribed to both Setanta and BT sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

muffler wrote: »
    You will be automatically subscribed to both Setanta and BT sports

Thanks for the quick reply

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

ESPN no longer available on basic tier and (drumroll) BT Sport added to EPG on #409 and 410!

Setanta Ireland still basic tier.

So why couldn't they pre-announce that? They are now broadcasting ESPN to nobody, at least until they open subscriptions (presumably later today).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

UPC TV Guide
    Setanta Ireland HD 105
    Setanta Ireland SD 401

Setanta Ireland is free and part of all TV Packs

No details on pricing yet
    SETANTA Premium PACK
    ALL BELOW SHOW UNSUBSCRIBED FOR NOW

Setanta Sports 1 406
    ESPN 407
    BT Sport 1 409
    BT Sport 2 410

ESPN HD 416
    BT SPORT 1 HD 439
    BT SPORT 2 HD 440

Note BT SPORT Launch is 6.00pm today (18.00)
    BT Sport ARE HAVING A FREEVIEW TODAY on Freeview, TV from BT or Sky
    FROM 6pm (August 1) to 12.45am (August 2)

I heard but not confirmed UPC customers will be getting two months free trial for BT Sport

Note for customers not aware

ESPN Europe sold to BT Sport
    only ESPN Channel kept

ESPN America is no longer available on any platform (sky upc etc)

Note German commercial sports broadcaster Sport1 Have the rights to

ESPN America not available outside of Germany

ESPN Classic worldwide is shutdown no longer available

Sports that were been shown on ESPN America previous some of these sports will be shown on BT Sport and ESPN

To correct the above, Setanta HD is still 412 (unless you've got Horizon). And is still premium tier, unfortunately.

icdg wrote: »
    To correct the above, Setanta HD is still 412 (unless you've got Horizon). And is still premium tier, unfortunately.
    Thanks for correction
    Setanta Ireland 105
    Setanta Ireland HD 412

(Horizon HD Box)
    Seatanta Ireland HD 105
    Setanta Ireland SD 401

Setanta Ireland SD is free and part of all TV Packs

HD if you subscribe HD Pack €5.00

If your on the Horizon HD Trial
    Note if you are on Horizon HD Trial make sure you are getting the HD channels
    depending on your TV Pack as its been confirmed from UPC HD PACK is part of the Horizon HD box as standard
    Edit make sure if on Horizon you not getting charged for the HD Pack as there is a bug in the upc billing system

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

bt sport is free to air tonight

see the bayern v man city game live for free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

ftakeith wrote: »
    bt sport is free to air tonight

see the bayern v man city game live for free

thats the audi cup up till 6pm the other game in that competition is on espn.

Anyway BT sport 1 and 2 up on the UPC EPG no details of whether it will be free from 6pm onwards.

So it looks like Ive lost 3 ESPN channels of my UPC digital Max pack. No anouncement despite one being promised, a few months after a price increase. It'll be intresting to see what they offer here. Looks like I'm off

Meant to mention, in a "it could be worse" vein, ESPN was pulled completely from Virgin Media at midnight last night. No deal for them, unfortunately.

Worth noting that losing two of those channels is completely out of UPC's control. They've closed and no longer exist. They are also obliged now to offer the other channel by subscription as the company that owns the channel, BT, will not allow the channel to be offered free anymore, at least not yet. In fairness to UPC they have also added Eurosport 2 HD in the past few days and say they will add Channel 4 HD soon as well.

• Advertisement

Flip Flop wrote: »
    Worth noting that losing two of those channels is completely out of UPC's control. They've closed and no longer exist. They are also obliged now to offer the other channel by subscription as the company that owns the channel, BT, will not allow the channel to be offered free anymore, at least not yet. In fairness to UPC they have also added Eurosport 2 HD in the past few days and say they will add Channel 4 HD soon as well.

Fair enough, but its just the lack of comunication that gets me. Announcment was promised yesterday and didn’t come, Reps on here and on twitter just ignored the questions they were getting ( not their fault I'd imagine, just doing what they were told ) and now a few weeks after a price increase one of the main selling points of the pack I'm on disappears. Not good enough
    * Not a HD subscriber so the 2 new additions mean nothing

Meant to mention, in a "it could be worse" vein, ESPN was pulled completely from Virgin Media at midnight last night. No deal for them, unfortunately.

Not good for Virgin Media customers in UK
    Virgin media now is part of Liberty Global

UPC is part of Liberty Global Group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

HD provision is of no benefit to UPC MDS customers! Many of whom will walk as if you can only get UPC on MDS you are unable to get phone and broadband, pointless being a customer !

Agreed. They handled the announcement of this very badly, but I just wanted to make that point in case nobody else did. If the deal to show the channels was a certainty as it appears to have been, they should have announced it yesterday, can't understand why they didn't.

One of the big differences in handling between UPC and Virgin Media is that while the latter fully prepared their customer base for the fact that not only might they not get BT Sport but might also lose ESPN (both of which have come to pass) UPC have said zero, and indeed as of right now are still doing so. As a result of which half their calls today will be casual viewers complaining that they can't get ESPN any more

One of the big differences in handling between UPC and Virgin Media is that while the latter fully prepared their customer base for the fact that not only might they not get BT Sport but might also lose ESPN (both of which have come to pass) UPC have said zero, and indeed as of right now are still doing so. As a result of which half their calls today will be casual viewers complaining that they can't get ESPN any more

I agree with you 100%
    I was talking to UPC on Tuesday
    I told them your going to have a lot of unhappy customers on Thursday
    as lot will not be aware of ESPN channels closing and no longer free

I said no information has been given out to any customers and also BT Sport launch was only 2 days away and no information given

She agreed with me was bad but told me there was a planned announcement on Thursday and Friday
    I said that should have been given weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

paulboland wrote: »
    I agree with you 100%
    I was talking to UPC on Tuesday
    I told them your going to have a lot of unhappy customers on Thursday
    as lot will not be aware of ESPN channels closing and no longer free

I said no information has been given out to any customers and also BT Sport launch was only 2 days away and no information given

She agreed with me was bad but told me there was a planned announcement on Thursday and Friday
    I said that should have been given weeks ago

Espn was never free , I always paid extra to subscribe

Espn was never free , I always paid extra to subscribe
    ESPN was free it came as part of Digital select extra and Digital Max Pack
    It used to be a separate channel you had to subscribe to but was changed to be in the above packs

But that's not what the thread is about its UPC lack of customer service to announce what was happing with espn from today to customers in advance

It was free with the Max and Select Extra packs. Agree with the subsequent comments. UPC have totally shot themselves in the foot, by not telling their customers what I have said this morning. They should be much more honest with their customers, instead they seem to always run scared. They tweet to hint at an announcement on Tuesday, which they don't make. They then seem really evasive with the replies to that tweet, instead of just been honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

A deal must be near conclusion and I will be surprised if its not almost identical to the one Sky have done, something around €20 month. Agreed it is poor PR to not deliver on a promised announcement but its a business agreement and must have met with a hitch somewhere...Virgin Media could not get the deal done.

Very disappointed to see the demise of ESPN America in particular. ATH and PTI definitely will not be shown under the new regime, listening to the PTI podcast they said goodbye to all viewers in Europe and Africa where they said they would no longer be shown with the ending of ESPN America. As a previous poster said at least we have the podcasts.

Advertisement