Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Arciphel wrote: »
    I presume he will be able to watch those channels online as well on the Sky Go app, am I correct?

They wont be available on Sky Go. ESPN is currently there but I suspect that will leave on August 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kariblue1

When you think about it we get the best deal of the lot with Setanta. Simply because in stead of the 30 or soEPL matches we'd have with them we now have over 70 along with the FA Cup & other top European leagues alll for just an extra 3 quid a month. The only downside to the pack is Setanta Sports itself a rip off to everyone the only thing saving them is their NHL coverage & now the BT deal

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭clint123

Just got a call from UPC, they will be getting the BT Sports ,, it will be available through a setanta package, no prices agreed yet, but ALL Customers will get 2 months free , to make up for the loss of ESPN stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

so no setanta? no espn on the basic packs? you will have to pay for the full setanta pack?

• Advertisement

Interesting. I wonder if Setanta Ireland will remain on the basic lineup after the 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ATMatm

Have any Sky customers had any luck getting a reduction on their Sky Sports subscription if they called to cancel for Setanta/BT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

clint123 wrote: »
    Just got a call from UPC, they will be getting the BT Sports ,, it will be available through a setanta package, no prices agreed yet, but ALL Customers will get 2 months free , to make up for the loss of ESPN stations.

Does this mean we get espn with the setanta pack for free for 2 months? or no ESPN?Or no ESPN America? Thanks

ESPN America is closing down on the 31/7/13 so nobody will be receiving that. ESPN by the looks of things will be leaving a lot of UPC customers lineup and moving to the Setanta pack with BT Sport 1, 2 and Premier Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Interesting - good ploy by UPC,while leave free BT and pay to view on Sky even if its only 2 months

Just wish they would make an anouncement soon !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Infoanon wrote: »
    Just wish they would make an anouncement soon !

I think that's how we're all feeling, well those of us that fall into the subcategory "sports fans who are cable customers" at the moment anyway.

I think while we can only treat the above as speculation, a deal, if there is going to be one, will be announced in the next two days. As usual, the devil will be in the detail. The biggest question will be if Setanta Ireland maintains its basic tier status, as I'd imagine its advertising revenue will collapse if it loses that status, at least in the short term. Of necessity it would have to be pulled from analogue (yes there are plenty of people still using it, if only for kitchen portables) and I'd imagine its prime EPG position at 105 would have to be given up too.

Interestingly an article in this week's Broadcast has prompted speculation that Virgin Media are about to finally announce a deal with BT Sport also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KellyPavlik

I just called re this and was told that this is not true. UPC have a meeting tomorrow with Setanta, and they need to agree pricing. They will get the package, just need to decide on pricing, which I imagine will depend on what they finalise with Setanta tomorrow. The 2 months free though, absolutely not true I was told. All details will be revealed by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭clint123

I can only say what I was told by UPC myself, I rang them last thursday I think, and the lady I was speaking to ( not given her name ) was very nice, put me on hold, came back and said she was waiting for an update, and would contact me as soon as she heard anything, she rang me back yesterday @ 13.08 from 01-2458400. and told me that they will be getting BT Sports 1 & 2. it will be available from thursday , and ALL customers will be getting two months free trial. there was no prices available, but customers will find out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

I can only say what I was told by UPC myself, I rang them last thursday I think, and the lady I was speaking to ( not given her name ) was very nice, put me on hold, came back and said she was waiting for an update, and would contact me as soon as she heard anything, she rang me back yesterday @ 13.08 from 01-2458400. and told me that they will be getting BT Sports 1 & 2. it will be available from thursday , and ALL customers will be getting two months free trial. there was no prices available, but customers will find out soon.

UPC Ireland ‏@UPCIreland
    Hi folks. Just letting you know that we will be making a big announcement about Setanta, BT & ESPN tomorrow, so stay tuned :) Eamonn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

UPC Ireland ‏@UPCIreland
    Hi folks. Just letting you know that we will be making a big announcement about Setanta, BT & ESPN tomorrow, so stay tuned :) Eamonn.

Deal done then by the sounds of things. Be interesting to see the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shane.

UPC Ireland ‏@UPCIreland

im sure whatever the "BIG" announcement is the customer will still be getting screwed over by upc......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

shane. wrote: »
    im sure whatever the "BIG" announcement is the customer will still be getting screwed over by upc......
    No more or less then us on sky, who don't get any offer/free Setanta Ireland and don't have access to Setanta HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shane.

irishfeen wrote: »
    No more or less then us on sky, who don't get any offer/free Setanta Ireland and don't have access to Setanta HD.

but you do get the red button on sky sports and the f1 channel and sky atlantic and a digital box that actually works!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

but you do get the red button on sky sports and the f1 channel and sky atlantic and a digital box that actually works!

O.T. I know, but...
    I got a "win back" call from UPC last week and when I mentioned the red button, I was asked what was that.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Honestly the amount of times I have actually watched something through the red button is ridiculously small..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

bt sport thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I just signed up with setanta on sky and the confirmation said to call for free multiroom. Too late in the evening to call but did anyone else get this? Only €2ish saving but its handy if I can get it on the other box for nothing (should be free anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

daveirl wrote: »

How are you in the UK when your location given in your profile is Cork? Also how can you have an Irish sub and be in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

How are you in the UK when your location given in your profile is Cork? Also how can you have an Irish sub and be in the UK?

Signed up when he lived in Ireland perhaps? No need for a public trial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Signed up when he lived in Ireland perhaps? No need for a public trial :)

It's happening.

178102715_pitchfork_mob_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

irishfeen wrote: »
    Honestly the amount of times I have actually watched something through the red button is ridiculously small..

Really depends on what sport you watch - for F1 the red button makes a big difference, similarlly with the early rounds of the H-Cup and Champions league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I just signed up with setanta on sky and the confirmation said to call for free multiroom. Too late in the evening to call but did anyone else get this? Only €2ish saving but its handy if I can get it on the other box for nothing (should be free anyway!)
    I would be interested in that free multi room
    I called them to day and they quoted me €19.99
    I asked about Multi Room
    She quoted me €2.99 a box
    I told her I have 4 HD boxes with Sky with 3 been multi room
    Told me its €19.99 and 3* €2.99 with total = €28.99 a month
    Was also told have to pay activation fee with first months payment €43.95
    then €28.99 a month after that
    Also told max number of boxes allowed with multi room is 4 per house

Awaiting to see what UPC announce Tomorrow

If I don't like UPC offer
    I will try again with Setanta for better offer and ask for no activation fee as its says online no activation fee and try get free multi room or reduced as I have 4 Sky boxes
    Was not a problem before as espn was on my sky package and free and all boxes got it as was part of my sky World HD package movies and sports

Its a pain to have to pay now so I will want better deal than what I was offered today

Has to be said that despite it being last minute, UPC have kept viewers informed to an extent and tomorrows announcement may give some good short term news.

Sky on the other hand......if you dig enough you will find out that all the ESPN channels shall be gone off the EPG on Thursday morning. Yes Sky are in a stand off with BT Sports, but at a minimum they should show some respect to their subscribers who are about to lose three Sports Channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Infoanon wrote: »
    Has to be said that despite it being last minute, UPC have kept viewers informed to an extent and tomorrows announcement may give some good short term news.

Sky on the other hand......if you dig enough you will find out that all the ESPN channels shall be gone off the EPG on Thursday morning. Yes Sky are in a stand off with BT Sports, but at a minimum they should show some respect to their subscribers who are about to lose three Sports Channels.
    What kind of stand off? Its simple from what I can see. €19.99 gets you the package

Advertisement