Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

ftakeith wrote: »
    I think RTEtv's uefa competitive games for the rep of ire from 2014-18 includes some other competitive games such as spain, germany and others. if it is included good deal for rtetv
    I have e-mailed rte today to confirm that
    First time hearing anything like that, if true it would be a fantastic deal for RTE and us viewers.. the more free football the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

ftakeith wrote: »
    I think RTEtv's uefa competitive games for the rep of ire from 2014-18 includes some other competitive games such as spain, germany and others. if it is included good deal for rtetv
    I have e-mailed rte today to confirm that
    irishfeen wrote: »
    First time hearing anything like that, if true it would be a fantastic deal for RTE and us viewers.. the more free football the better!

This probably, European qualifiers - UEFA centralised media rights (marketed by CAA Eleven)
    RTÉ Secures Broadcast Rights for Republic of Ireland Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

Wednesday 10th April, 4.48pm

RTÉ Sport has confirmed today (Wednesday 10 April 2013) that it has secured exclusive Irish free-to-air broadcast rights to the Republic of Ireland’s competitive soccer international qualifiers for the 2016 European Championship and 2018 World Cup cycles.

<MOD EDIT> more...

http://www.rte.ie/presspack/2013/04/10/rte-secures-broadcast-rights-for-republic-of-ireland-euro-2016-and-world-cup-2018-qualifiers/
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2013/0410/380747-rte-secures-euro-2016-world-cup-2018-rights/

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/rte-secure-rights-for-euro-world-cup-qualifiers-1.1356216
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rte-to-broadcast-qualifiers-played-on-different-days-1.1357110

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/events/marketing/media-rights-and-services/news/newsid=1939716.html
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/events/marketing/media-rights-and-services/news/newsid=1789300.html

Latest UEFA update on this - http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Publications/competitions/Marketing/01/94/02/93/1940293_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Official European qualifiers website - http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/qualifiers/index.html
    Wednesday 29 May 2013
    In recent months, the following agreements were concluded:
    • The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) acquired the rights to broadcast the relevant national team matches for 30 of its members' territories*

• United Kingdom: ITV secured the rights to show all of England's UEFA EURO 2016 and 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying games in the United Kingdom

• United Kingdom/Ireland: Pay broadcaster BSkyB has obtained a significant package of rights to European qualifiers across the UK and the Republic of Ireland, featuring exclusive live coverage of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. BSkyB will also show the Republic of Ireland's qualifying campaign, co-exclusively with public broadcaster RTE

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservices/mediainformation/newsid=1958013.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

About time the away games are guaranteed FTA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭robwen

I have sky multiroom so if I subscribe to Setanta will I get it on both boxes in my home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

robwen wrote: »
    I have sky multiroom so if I subscribe to Setanta will I get it on both boxes in my home?

Nope only on one box. Think it costs extra for each extra box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

robwen wrote: »
    From their FAQ's
    Can I get Setanta Sports in another room?

Yes, Subscription to Setanta Sports in any other room is €1.49 for your second box and costs just €2.99 per box per month for all additional boxes. Simply call our customer services team to have this added to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭robwen

Always looking to squeeze every last penny out of the customer.

Cheers for the info.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

lertsnim wrote: »
    About time the away games are guaranteed FTA

They have been since 2003. All Republic of Ireland home and away games in the World Cup and European Championships are listed. Friendlies are not.

Back to BT, and the multi room situation is a lot better than in the UK, where, basically they don't do it.

Also the deal for the FA Cup was signed on Wednesday, starts in 2014-15 (although really 2015, since the majority of the FA Cup, well the interesting part of it anyway, is played in Spring).

http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/jul/bt-sport-bbc-itv-2014-18.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

I have multiroom Setanta/BT..... costing me 1.50 extra for the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

After looking at the listings for this new ESPN channel (more like BT Sports 3) there doesn't appear to be any sign of Around The Horn or Pardon The Interruption some small MLB and CFB.

From my viewpiont BT don't seem to care about USA sports fan its all about UK and Euro soccer. I know USA sports is a small market but still .

Unless it improves I guess its torrents and podcasts from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Weird how BT Sport is not yet on the Irish EPG, when it's on the UK EPG 413 & 414. With less than two weeks to their launch date, you would imagine they want to advertise their sports to potential costumers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

McLoughlin wrote: »
    After looking at the listings for this new ESPN channel (more like BT Sports 3) there doesn't appear to be any sign of Around The Horn or Pardon The Interruption some small MLB and CFB.

From my viewpiont BT don't seem to care about USA sports fan its all about UK and Euro soccer. I know USA sports is a small market but still .

Unless it improves I guess its torrents and podcasts from now on.

ATH and PTI always take a 2 week break around the end of July/early August so I wouldn't read too much (yet) into it not being scheduled on the new ESPN on the first couple of days. I haven't checked the US schedules but I'd say there's a good chance you won't find either of them listed for those days either.

Both are unwatchable in their current format on ESPNA anyway. Unless they get the clips back, you're better off downloading the podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

irishdeej wrote: »
    Weird how BT Sport is not yet on the Irish EPG, when it's on the UK EPG 413 & 414. With less than two weeks to their launch date, you would imagine they want to advertise their sports to potential costumers?
    This is probably due to the fact that the SD versions of Bt sports 1&2 will be on Ch 426 & 427 in Ireland, which are in current use for ESPN America & ESPN Classic,

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

energy1942 wrote: »
    This is probably due to the fact that the SD versions of Bt sports 1&2 will be on Ch 426 & 427 in Ireland, which are in current use for ESPN America & ESPN Classic,

so is ESPN America getting shut down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

so is ESPN America getting shut down ?
    Yes along with ESPN Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

will upc do a deal so that we keep setanta Irealand and espn is we have a sky sports sub.. If we have to start paying extra for these stations that will be a bummer..

That I'm afraid is the million dollar question, UPC are still giving nothing but blank faces when asked about BT Sport. Their (now once again) sister company in the UK, Virgin Media, is in the exact same position, but at least has been a bit more talkative about the situation:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=7615

Surely we'll hear something this coming week, as regardless of a deal or not UPC will have to tell their customers what's happening with ESPN come 1st August. Then again it wouldn't be the first time they didn't flag the closure/withdrawal of a channel until after it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

icdg wrote: »
    That I'm afraid is the million dollar question, UPC are still giving nothing but blank faces when asked about BT Sport. Their (now once again) sister company in the UK, Virgin Media, is in the exact same position, but at least has been a bit more talkative about the situation:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=7615

Surely we'll hear something this coming week, as regardless of a deal or not UPC will have to tell their customers what's happening with ESPN come 1st August. Then again it wouldn't be the first time they didn't flag the closure/withdrawal of a channel until after it happened.

Same with Eircom re Setanta being carried on their Sportshub website. No word so far as to whats happening after August 1st.

Funny how, 2 weeks before the channel disappears, ESPNA are starting showing ads about the basics of baseball.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

BT Sport in now on the Sky Irish EPG. 413 & 414

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

irishdeej wrote: »
    BT Sport in now on the Sky Irish EPG. 413 & 414
    445 446 SD
    413 414 HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

what channel will be shown the college American football games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

what channel will be shown the college American football games

ESPN probably. They're showing other college stuff

We've had this argument in a thread over in Satellite, no need to reprise it here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

This thread getting a bit off the mark what we want to know is when are UPC getting BT Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

According to UPC facebook page-UPC are still in talks about providing BT and Setanta.......so no more news yet

Paulboland and muffler drop this now. As it is you will both be getting infractions for ignoring my last post when I get back to a PC I can issue them on. If there are any more posts on this issue from either of you by that time it will be bans I will be issuing instead. The issue of viewing cards is now off topic for this thread - there's a thread over in Satellite it can be discussed in and all of those posts will be moved there later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Would anyone who knows about these things like to hazard a guess as to how much UPC might charge for the new sports package, perhaps a higher/lower game might be in order, come in Bruce Forsyth...
    If it's 20 Euro on SAT, I'll plump for 25 euro.

Higher/Lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Eircom responded to me today on twitter stating that Setanta Ireland will remain on their website but that BT Sport wouldn't be added.

• Advertisement

Just had a look at ESPN's listings for the first week. A bit of an overload of X-Games so if you're into that rubbish you're sorted. Very little baseball and no 6pm or 9pm games on the Sat and Sun which is disappointing to see.

Advertisement