Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snowfall possible for east

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Loads of snow in killiney. Sticking nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Heavy snow in D18 for the last 20/30 mins at least now

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

John.Icy wrote: »
    Substantial? sounds accurate.

It's overstating it a little bit, steady snow for last hour and a bit, starting to leave a layer of slush on roads, grass, cars and rooftops are white. Needs another hour or two to become substantial!

Edit - Although got heavier as I posted that, 10 mins of this and it'll be substantial!
    (Sandyford/Stepaside)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

rubbish bits of snow here

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Very very light snow in Navan.

Just a reminder - can people please post where you are instead of just saying "snowing here" . Also if you have posted your location but its a couple of pages back can you please add it to you current post to save time.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Wet snow here, lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 omegaultimo2

lots of snow here in wicklow.been hitting since this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Craz heavy snow driving through stillorgan few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Fairly decent shower here, quite heavy and beginning to stick to cars and grass. Still slightly to warm though 1.7C/0.2C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light snow grains here all day, getting slightly heavier now, still tho not enough to even wet the ground, hopefully will get heavier as the evening go's on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Parts of N11 even going white now near foxrock

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

when I saw the radar bubbling up nicely this morning, I was surprised how much met eireann downplayed this in this mornings forecasts....by any accounts this is outbreaks of snow in Dublin 18, leading to accumulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

All the winter is over posters are gone very quiet:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Moderate snow - big flakes. 1.2c DP 0.0c atm.

Slushy accumulation on grass, cars and roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

inabina wrote: »
    when I saw the radar bubbling up nicely this morning, I was surprised how much met eireann downplayed this in this mornings forecasts....by any accounts this is outbreaks of snow in Dublin 18, leading to accumulations.

They issued this at 11 a.m in fairness

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Leinster

Scattered snow showers over Leinster with a risk of accumulations up to a few centimetres locally.
    Issued:
    23 February 2013 11:00
    Valid:
    23 February 2013 11:00 to 24 February 2013 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Anyone going to 'call' winter now?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Yes fair enough. I should have said at 755 forecast they spoke of isolated wintry showers and I was surprised given the build of activity in the radar. I think I would call this more than showers now though, we have had precipitation for the last few hours. outbreaks! Not intended to be ME bashing, just commenting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

inabina wrote: »
    Yes fair enough. I should have said at 755 forecast they spoke of isolated wintry showers and I was surprised given the build of activity in the radar. I think I would call this more than showers now though, we have had precipitation for the last few hours. outbreaks! Not intended to be ME bashing, just commenting

Forecasting likely snow in these types of situations can often be a 'nowcast' situation. In fairness, the snow's not THAT heavy. We just think it is because we've seen so little all winter. Admittedly it is more than just showers but it's still pretty light.

There'll be very little accumulation at lower levels.

I think Met E's forecast has been pretty good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

proper snow falling here now, looks very nice, first dry organised snow Ive seen fall since winter 2010 even if it is much ligher than 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Lots of heavy precipitation moving west from Beflast over Mid Ulster, keep coming this way my precious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Moderate snow now again with approx. 25% big flakes : 75% powder snow.

Everything turning more white now, than slushy white before.

1.0c DP -0.2c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Fairly heavy snow in Leixlip and starting to stick,looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Frustrating beyond words in Wexford. Precip ha no problem penetrating inland anywhere else apart from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A little more persistent light snow in D15 now, no sign of it sticking on any surface yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

compsys wrote: »
    I think Met E's forecast has been pretty good.

In fairness it was miles off. This..
    242331.jpg
    .. was not forecast in the slightest. Then again nobody expected more than some snizzle showers, so I don;t blame them for not getting this one right.

It's pretty amazing considering the pressure is around 1024. I don;t know where all the precip is coming from. Was just up around Sandyford and it's a whiteout! I think some places will see more than just a couple of cms.

Been coming down moderately here for the past hour, not sticking (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Snowing a good bit in Naas. Not sticking sadly. It is currently 2.1c

snow still too light to stick here, surprised nobody has posted a picture of lying snow in south dublin/wicklow yet.

Heavy fine powder snow/snizzle now. Really starting to coat everything including the roads.

0.8c DP -0.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Still pretty light here (Milltown D14), a mix of sleet & snow, but getting thicker. It's still 2.2°C according to my thermometer and nothing is sticking.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Gonzo wrote: »
    snow still too light to stick here, surprised nobody has posted a picture of lying snow in south dublin/wicklow yet.

There are some in the ramping thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement