Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snowfall possible for east

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

JJJJNR wrote: »
    The second dog in the pics looks like my parents dog do you know what breed she is, we were guessing shes a Manchester Terrier

Finlay's mam was a doberman & his dad was a bloodhound x :)

Snow beginning to melt here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Does anyone know what the roads are like up in Stepaside?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the roads are like up in Stepaside?

Roads are ok, totally clear in stepaside itself. If you are heading higher they get a little worse but mostly clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

I think this thread has run its course Weathercheck.
    Time to lock? :)

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

derekon wrote: »
    I think this thread has run its course Weathercheck.
    Time to lock? :)

D
    Ahem..good discussion on yesterdays Irish sea streamers on Nw involving Ian Ferguson

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75975-winter-model-discussion-18z-19213-onwards/page__st__800

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

good read that, I was as shocked as anyone to see snowfall all day yesterday even if most of it was snizzle, it was nice to watch. Going from the comments I think Stepaside did better than anywhere else in Ireland and UK as a whole.

Also funny to note UK posters commenting on how rare it is to see snow in the UK, they should live in Ireland for a few years to understand the meaning of the word 'rare':)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Gonzo wrote: »
    good read that, I was as shocked as anyone to see snowfall all day yesterday even if most of it was snizzle, it was nice to watch. Going from the comments I think Stepaside did better than anywhere else in Ireland and UK as a whole.

Also funny to note UK posters commenting on how rare it is to see snow in the UK, they should live in Ireland for a few years to understand the meaning of the word 'rare':)

Dublin wicklow mountains get stuffed with it and it is common there. Some parts of the uk get very, very little like the west and southwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Northeastern England got a decent fall/ Newcastle/Sunderland area.

Good few inches (3-6) fell there yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Great day sledding beside pine forest at about 300 metres in Dublin mountains...snow on the ground as far down as Ballycullen beside Tallaght!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Didn't see a single flake here last night but got a decent frost this morning. It was bizarre how despite the growth in precipitation as the band of snow moved southwest, every time it got within a few miles of Cork City (and only Cork City), it fizzled out completely. :D Coming from Drogheda I find this incredibly bizarre. This city does seem to have a general immunity to any sort of snow! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

Didn't see a single flake here last night but got a decent frost this morning. It was bizarre how despite the growth in precipitation as the band of snow moved southwest, every time it got within a few miles of Cork City (and only Cork City), it fizzled out completely. :D Coming from Drogheda I find this incredibly bizarre. This city does seem to have a general immunity to any sort of snow! :D

I watched in hope for a few hours and gave up!

To add insult to injury I spotted some stray flakes floating past the lamppost outside when the precip was nearly here in east cork.

Then it just died..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

-5C in Sligo tonight:

nat00_temp.png?2212

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I hate to tell ya this but as we saw lying snow twice this winter three weeks apart that constitutes a good winter here! As for snow dying out on our borders (in Cork we think of them as borders!) the fact we've the Cork / Kerry mountains to our west, the Galtees to our North, the Comeraghs to our East and the Atlantic to our South is a factor at least here. No less frustrating mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Ninja snow shower just left cars with fine white dusting in D14 just now. Still falling lightly.
    :)

2.0c/DP is -3C

Dan :)

Another snow shower has left a nice dusting now in D14. :)

1.2C- DP is -3C.

Moderate snow/Graupel falling for last 10 mins in D14. Adding to dusting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Surprised to wake up to a dusting of snow here. Quite wet but still snow on cars, bin tops, roofs, etc. Slushy deposit on grass.

0.1c atm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I see Markree in Sligo reporting -7c at 0700. Coldest temp this winter, I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement