Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snowfall possible for east

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Lot more activity now out in the Irish Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Can confirm it is snowing in Waterford woooo hooo:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

aurora 527 wrote: »

Cork will be livid! :D

Although looks like they may get some snizzle soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Is the Isle Of Man possibly killing the intensity of the showers over Louth, Meath and North Dublin. The stuff most of us have seen is really just snizzle, light snow that isnt making any impact. There now seems a train of very heavy snow showers thats gonna keep most of south Wicklow and north Wexford happy for quite a while to come as those areas have the longest shower sea fetch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »

A few flakes in the suburbs of Waterford City.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    Is the Isle Of Man possibly killing the intensity of the showers over Louth, Meath and North Dublin. The stuff most of us have seen is really just snizzle, light snow that isnt making any impact. There now seems a train of very heavy snow showers thats gonna keep most of south Wicklow and north Wexford happy for quite a while to come as those areas have the longest shower sea fetch.

Possibly but it's a bit of a strange setup at the moment, not really a classic streamer setup with the dreaded IOM shadow where you can see defined lines of showers. There seems to be more widespread instability with showers popping up everywhere and anywhere with some intensifying over land even.

I have my eye on that blob just off Holyhead. It's been growing and intensifying the past few frames, possibly a more easterly direction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There does seem a nicer convective band forming now but as Gonzo alluded to, angled for Wicklow Wexford trajectory.

Obviously taller cloud heights here breaking through the cap.

Although i think a move towards more hail like precipitation is likely as dps will rise in the Irish sea but more a result of the convection occurring than the atmosphere notably warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Anymore snow for south Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

The second dog in the pics looks like my parents dog do you know what breed she is, we were guessing shes a Manchester Terrier
    cotton wrote: »
    [/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

There does seem a nicer convective band forming now but as Gonzo alluded to, angled for Wicklow Wexford trajectory.

Obviously taller cloud heights here breaking through the cap.

Although i think a move towards more hail like precipitation is likely as dps will rise in the Irish sea but more a result of the convection occurring than the atmosphere notably warming.
    Agree with that.
    Last shower here started as graupel,then heavy snow.
    Breeze has got up here and the temp is rocketing (relatively) as is the dewpoint.

At this rate,those showers if they get here could be sleety rain!

Now 1.4/0.4

• Advertisement

whitebriar wrote: »
    Agree with that.
    Last shower here started as graupel,then heavy snow.
    Breeze has got up here and the temp is rocketing (relatively) as is the dewpoint.

At this rate,those showers if they get here could be sleety rain!

Now 1.4/0.4

18z NAE has the Irish Sea DPs rising while lowering inland for the next few hours. A few miles inland would certainly help alright. Arklow looked like getting a hammering earlier. If it's not one thing it's the other eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A return to a surface land westerly would be helpful

still low dps here, -3c

Heavy shower here now in Waterford starting to stick,,, snow its like searching for the holy grail:D

A return to a surface land westerly would be helpful

still low dps here, -3c

Indeed, the best snow here today was blowing from the west. When the easterly surface wind kicked in it definitely turned more sleety. Westerly surface winds helped a lot at times in 2010 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Dare I say it but the heavy band of precip looks set to also hit Dublin head on, as well as Wicklow and north Wexford....there, I've gone and jinxed it now....it'll be hail, sleet, rain and a bit of graupel with just a few flakes thrown in to tease everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Heavy snow here again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

highdef wrote: »
    Dare I say it but the heavy band of precip looks set to also hit Dublin head on, as well as Wicklow and north Wexford....there, I've gone and jinxed it now....it'll be hail, sleet, grain and a bit of graupel with just a few flakes thrown in to tease everyone!
    I'm thinking the same, half an hour ago it looked like Wicklow was in the firing line and it would give Dublin a miss but as that blob approaches I think you may be right......... or should I say I hope you're right!

Dare I say it but the heavy band of precip looks set to also hit Dublin head on, as well as Wicklow and north Wexford....there, I've gone and jinxed it now....it'll be hail, sleet, rain and a bit of graupel with just a few flakes thrown in to tease everyone!

My thoughts too, but shhhhhhh. It's about two hours away anyway so plenty of time for it to disappear, fizzle out, or INTENSIFY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Looks more like it's sliding south and will miss Dublin altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I think the IOM shadow might mean a lot miss out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Snowing in Wexford town for the past hour or so. Nice big flakes falling! Nearly 1cm lying on the grass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Heading towards wicklow with northern side catching dublin if you ask me.

Dan :)

mothel wrote: »
    Looks more like it's sliding south and will miss Dublin altogether.

At the moment it looks like the northern edge will clip Dublin City, with the bulk of it hitting between Bray and Arklow. It's still getting bigger though so hard to tell what will happen.

EDIT: Blizzard7 got there first :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

convection on that train has all but stopped now at the point where it has been bubbling up.
    So there's mainly just the existing carriages.
    I think they will hit land north of Arklow actually,avoiding south wicklow/North wexford by the looks of things,

whitebriar wrote: »
    convection on that train has all but stopped now at the point where it has been bubbling up.
    So there's mainly just the existing carriages.
    I think they will hit land north of Arklow actually,avoiding south wicklow/North wexford by the looks of things,

You're about to get hit by the southern edge in the next 30 mins or so though.

And unless my eyes are deceiving me, there's a little speck of purple on the latest frame heading in your general direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Raining in raheny. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

light snow here in ballymun! too small but its sticking!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snowing the last hour or so in Waterford City but never really sticking to any surfaces.

Temp 1.8c DP 0.3c

Snowing the last hour or so in Waterford City but never really sticking to any surfaces.

Temp 1.8c DP 0.3c

When it started mick it was landing nicely but it became more of a sleety/snow mix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ahhh!! Missing radar frame!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement