Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snowfall possible for east

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Turning white here, a steady fall of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Coming down constant but light,not a hope of it sticking at that rate but lovely to look at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Irish Sea is getting excited again. Plenty of radar/lampost watching in store for this evening.

I'm very suprised how widespread the precip is getting. It's covering nearly the whole of Leinster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Been lightly snowing here in Dublin 4 all day. Nothing too special. Looks nice tho. I'm happy so far. Some people look like they are getting a good dusting. Enjoy it guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Rougies wrote: »
    Irish Sea is getting excited again. Plenty of radar/lampost watching in store for this evening.

I'm very suprised how widespread the precip is getting. It's covering nearly the whole of Leinster now.

Except Wexford! :(

• Advertisement

baraca wrote: »
    Except Wexford! :(

True. If it's any consolation, there's a bit of a snow shield around my house today too. A couple miles from here it's a winder wonderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not a lot of energy left in this now. Lovely day it was, great Christmas shopping weather ;-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like it's over for most of us north of South Dublin. Sandyford/Stepaside/Bray/Wicklow definitely got the bulk of the snowfall today with mainly snizzle/light snow elsewhere. Still a bit more snow to fall for them yet. and their snow is making it's way towards the south midlands.

looks to be another band of snow in the Irish sea which will impact the same areas again, mainly south dublin/wickow next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Youneckfreak

Think Waterford will get some?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Had a very heavy shower about 30 mins ago in stillorgan area. Stopped abruptly and has just started snowing again in mount merrion. Up around Stepaside/Glencullen/Ticknock have heavy snow with a few inches on the ground, especially up towards johnny foxes where the roads are quite bad and untreated.

Dan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I recall someone saying people are looking for milder weather now.
    This thread has got more views today than the mild thread has in a month :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Very light flakes in Waterford City :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

close to an inch fell,all settling here near Arklow in just 90 mins from about 540pm
    A total dinnerplate sized flakes whiteout.

Currently dry 0.6c/-0.1c

Pangea wrote: »
    I recall someone saying people are looking for milder weather now.
    This thread has got more views today than the mild thread has in a month :pac:

Yeah I am here, doesn't mean I want snow :p

For some they don't see snow that much and it is a big deal, where I live, you see it every winter and it is rather boring, the only good thing is it looks nice when falling, looks horrible in a proper blizzard with true whiteout conditions though.

So still here, lots still looking forward to milder weather, I see concern over on the farming forum with people who have cows out and no grass growth coming.
    Mine are still in but fodder is getting low and it is very expensive as it is scarce after last summer and autumn.

So more people will view this thread, maybe post in it, but it doesn't mean they all want the cold and snow.

Anyway, snowing lightly here, current temperature -0.2c, dew point -2.7C with a wind chill of -3C.

Min wrote: »
    Yeah I am here, doesn't mean I want snow :p

Never said anything about your whereabouts or desires!

So more people will view this thread, maybe post in it, but it doesn't mean they all want the cold and snow.
    Ha ha you never give up, same goes for any thread including the mild one!
    One thing for sure the forum is buzzing and not because people are wanting mild weather. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

About 3cms in North Wexford. In full view of the coast and 100m asl.

Pangea wrote: »
    Never said anything about your whereabouts or desires!

Ha ha you never give up, same goes for any thread including the mild one!
    One thing for sure the forum is buzzing and not because people are wanting mild weather. ;)

Just wait till the weather gets nice and people saying how nice the weather is, though there is no sign of any nice weather.
    You should be getting snow next weekend if the forecast is correct and you are welcome to keep it all :pac:

shootie wrote: »
    About 3cms in North Wexford. In full view of the coast and 100m asl.

Send it south!

Send it south!

Looks like a nice heavy blob heading your way on radar.

Snow is finally sticking here! :)

• Advertisement

Just wait till the weather gets nice and people saying how nice the weather is

I have been listening to them say it all week Min ;)

Looks like Arklow is the place to be for those big beefy showers coming across.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Looking at radar the place to be over the next few hours will be Wicklow into wexford. Precip moving towards those areas is able to intensify. Further North the mass heading towards Dublin etc isn't able to really intensify as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Lamping it down for about two hours now.

Sticking too.

I'll get some pics in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Snow is finally sticking here! :)

Now that you eventually have it, send some over to me don't be greedy;)

Lashing snow in arklow again
    flakes the size of dinner plates

whitebriar wrote: »
    Lashing snow in arklow again
    flakes the size of dinner plates

Pics with a dinner plate for size reference or GTFO :p
    But seriously, pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

DSC_0006-1.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0002-2.jpg
    DSC_0051-1.jpg

Rougies wrote: »

Pics with a dinner plate for size reference or GTFO :p
    But seriously, pics?
    :D:D:D

stopped now,but phones on charge for next batch,probably none now,jinxed!

• Advertisement

Hoping that blob heading towards Wexford town retains at least some intensity when it gets here. Starting to spit again now so hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement