Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA)BBC Player and ITV player working in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Keep up the good work x_PHEONIX_x. I don't know what people are complaining about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

recyclebin wrote: »
    Keep up the good work x_PHEONIX_x. I don't know what people are complaining about.

Nobody was complaining. It was just a request that they be labelled as being suitable for certain images thats all, so people wouldnt be installing them wrongly and green screening there boxes.

For those Vu users using Blackhole OE2, there is a V3 beta version of the plugin that has 40D on the Vucommunity website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,408 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Do i have to manually update every time via FTP or are the plugins updated automatically in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

irishgeo wrote: »
    Do i have to manually update every time via FTP or are the plugins updated automatically in any way?

That depends on which image your using at the moment. for example on ViX and other OE-Alliance based images you would just need to update the image as the plugin is built from the GIT every time, meaning you would always have the latest version. for other images they would need adapting first.

Hopefully though this will soon change as the BH team are looking at creating their own GIT repository for such projects, this would mean greater inter image co-operating between BH and the OE-A on such works and allow them to port plugins faster and the same in return for the OE-A and native BH plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

The last time i tried with a Pli image it did work although that was a few revisions ago and with a Vu plus Uno and there are a few dependencies that need installing.

Try this bear in mind that it is the very latest OE-Alliance version so i cant guarantee it will work without needing something extra.

Extract the OnDemand folder from the archive and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ then extract the dependencies archive and FTP the .ipk files to the /tmp folder. Ideally you want to be installing these in a specific order as such

python-lxml
    python-beautifulsoup
    python-dnspython
    python-simplejson the others should be fine in any order, or you could just use the following telnet command to install them all together but i'm not sure if that would work.

init 4 && opkg install /tmp/*.ipk && init 3

let me know how you get on with it which ever way it goes.

Can't get the ipk files to install comes back as 0 installed on all of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

I just happened to stumble across this thread today, I never thought of even posting my updates here, sorry folks!!

I have to say, it made me laugh to read some of the comments by STB & Robxxx7. It kind of makes me wonder is it worth putting in simply weeks of work to develop this (for free may I add) when you have people like these guys trying to knock everything good people try to do..

There is no conspiracy here. It was developed on Vix as it is Vix I use and IMO Vix is the best image, but each to their own. In no way have I added code to prevent this working on other images. If this was the case then why would we be providing everyone with the source so they can get it working on other images..

Anyway, rant over... It just annoys me to read such crap these sort of people are constantly posting!

I hope the rest of you guys enjoy OnDemand, I know I do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

mcquaim wrote: »
    It was developed on Vix as it is Vix I use and IMO Vix is the best image, but each to their own.
    I hope the rest of you guys enjoy OnDemand, I know I do!!

Thanks for all your work on this great plugin. Between OnDemand (on VU Duo), Netflix and HuluPlus (on ps3) I'd say 80% of my TV viewing is now via internet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

It was developed on Vix as it is Vix I use and IMO Vix is the best image, but each to their own. In no way have I added code to prevent this working on other images. If this was the case then why would we be providing everyone with the source so they can get it working on other images..

hi mcquaim, thanks for all your work. from the reports i have read it sounds like an excellent plugin.

i have asked already in this thread about trying to get it to work on my azbox premium plus which is running the OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD Release 8. one poster answered on here saying that the enigma version on the azbox was different than on the vu and that the firmware would have to be modified to let it work.

as far as i can gather the my azbox runs oe 1.6 and a lot of boxes run on oe 2.0 so this i imagine would be a problem from the start.

the python version on my box is 2.6 and this throws up errors when trying to install the plugin. i have tried to put all the files that were uploaded to support your software and that is when the errors appear.

i am just wondering if you know if it is possible to modify the plugin or the firmware to make the plugin work in this version of enigma? i did try uploading python 2.7 onto the azbox but this didn't work.

as i said here in my earlier post here, i did post on the OpenAZBox forum asking the same questions but they are trying to get a stable firmware working properly and it wouldn't be high on their priority list at the moment.

i presume you don't have an azbox and so wouldn't be able to test the plugin on one but if you could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it a lot.

i have managed to get the rte player plugin working on the azbox but yours is several steps above it so it would be great to get it working.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

tapfit2004 wrote: »

hi mcquaim, thanks for all your work. from the reports i have read it sounds like an excellent plugin.

i have asked already in this thread about trying to get it to work on my azbox premium plus which is running the OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD Release 8. one poster answered on here saying that the enigma version on the azbox was different than on the vu and that the firmware would have to be modified to let it work.

as far as i can gather the my azbox runs oe 1.6 and a lot of boxes run on oe 2.0 so this i imagine would be a problem from the start.

the python version on my box is 2.6 and this throws up errors when trying to install the plugin. i have tried to put all the files that were uploaded to support your software and that is when the errors appear.

i am just wondering if you know if it is possible to modify the plugin or the firmware to make the plugin work in this version of enigma? i did try uploading python 2.7 onto the azbox but this didn't work.

as i said here in my earlier post here, i did post on the OpenAZBox forum asking the same questions but they are trying to get a stable firmware working properly and it wouldn't be high on their priority list at the moment.

i presume you don't have an azbox and so wouldn't be able to test the plugin on one but if you could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it a lot.

i have managed to get the rte player plugin working on the azbox but yours is several steps above it so it would be great to get it working.

thanks.

Hi there,

I'm afraid that I don't have an AzBox so I can't test any of this for you!

I know other images that are using Python 2.6 have some of the latest versions working so it should be possible.

The developer of the original RTE player and on the early stages of OnDemand, Rogerthis, has an AzBox so I will ask him if he has it working on his.

If he does then I will get him to post it here or send it to me and I'll post it up for you!

Cheers,
    mcquaim

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

I did all my initial testing on AzBox Elite. I used OpenRSI 3.0 http://www.openrsi.org/openrsi/downloads/downloads-azbox-rsi3/ which is based on OpenPLI 3.0 which all OE-Alliance images are based.
    This is python 2.7. (Correct me if i'm wrong but there is no OE-Alliance image for AzBox)

If you want to go down the road of OpenRSI, you can use mickd's version from BH to get it working http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/ondemand-by-oe-alliance.10908/page-4#post-84945

• Advertisement

RogerThis wrote: »
    I did all my initial testing on AzBox Elite. I used OpenRSI 3.0 http://www.openrsi.org/openrsi/downloads/downloads-azbox-rsi3/ which is based on OpenPLI 3.0 which all OE-Alliance images are based.
    This is python 2.7. (Correct me if i'm wrong but there is no OE-Alliance image for AzBox)

If you want to go down the road of OpenRSI, you can use mickd's version from BH to get it working http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/ondemand-by-oe-alliance.10908/page-4#post-84945
    Hi there,

I'm afraid that I don't have an AzBox so I can't test any of this for you!

I know other images that are using Python 2.6 have some of the latest versions working so it should be possible.

The developer of the original RTE player and on the early stages of OnDemand, Rogerthis, has an AzBox so I will ask him if he has it working on his.

If he does then I will get him to post it here or send it to me and I'll post it up for you!

Cheers,
    mcquaim

thanks for the reply's, i'll give it a shot with the above links and see how i get on.

i don't know if there is an OE-Alliance image for AzBox.

when i googled some of the errors i was getting some posts suggested that it could be down to the wrong version of python being on the box. i typed python into telnet on the azbox and it came back as version 2.6.6 so that was the only reason i thought that python was part of the problem.

i did have OpenRSI 2.1 on the box but i haven't tried OpenRSI 3.0 so i don't know what python version that image is using. i'd like to be able to try the different images more often but we use the box as the main sat receiver so if it's not working i hear all about it at home, ie if its not broke don't fix it.

i'll post up my results when i get a chance to try the plugin again. thanks.

RogerThis wrote: »

i got a chance this evening to try what you suggested and its working perfect.

also the openrsi image is using python 2.7.2 and i had no problem installing the extra dependencies whereas when i tried to install them on the openazbox image they were giving loads of errors.

i'm going to stick with this image for the moment and see how i get on. thanks for your help and mcquaim and x PHEONIX x for a great plugin.

also the openrsi image is using python 2.7.2 and i had no problem installing the extra dependencies whereas when i tried to install them on the openazbox image they were giving loads of errors.

i'm going to stick with this image for the moment and see how i get on. thanks for your help and mcquaim and x PHEONIX x for a great plugin.

I'm chuffed you got it working on your receiver and i do agree it's a great plugin, although i will point out that i deserve none of the thanks for this as i'm just a test monkey. Mcquaim and RogerThis are the real ones you should thank, i'm just happy that i can use this plugin on my own boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 anzonl

I followed all instructions in this thread and I installed the plugin and pythons on my Dreambox 8000. I'm running the OpenPli 3 image (up to date). Unfortunately I get an error message when I try to enter de applications menu.20130320125043.png
    As I don't know much of Linux/Enigma2, I don't know what I've done wrong. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

anzonl wrote: »
    I followed all instructions in this thread and I installed the plugin and pythons on my Dreambox 8000. I'm running the OpenPli 3 image (up to date). Unfortunately I get an error message when I try to enter de applications menu.
    As I don't know much of Linux/Enigma2, I don't know what I've done wrong. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Use this instead:
    http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/ondemand-by-oe-alliance.10908/page-4#post-84945

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Jumped as well and got it working on Azbox Me running OPENRSI.

All seems to be working (also using the version from vuplus board.) thanks to RogerThis, mcquaim and x PHEONIX x for plugin.

you can now also install the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin directly into the BH 2.0.2 image with the following Telnet command as all dependencies and skin requirements are now in the BH image by default.

init 4 && opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3

although i am not sure if the BH image contains the very latest updated version.

I would also like to personally thank the BH team for making OnDemand accessible to their users and look forward to a closer working relationship with them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 yoepie

Hi anzonl,
    I succeeded installing the ondemand plugin on a DM 8000 OE2.0 image, but...............can you actually receive ondemand BBC ITV etc outside the UK?

Take care
    yoepie

yoepie wrote: »
    Hi anzonl,
    I succeeded installing the ondemand plugin on a DM 8000 OE2.0 image, but...............can you actually receive ondemand BBC ITV etc outside the UK?

Take care
    yoepie

normally no as there geo locked but OnDemand is coded so that the uk players use the TUNLR free DNS servers to bypass the GEO lock restrictions, the other players however are still GEO locked and not accessible outside their intended regions.

Thanks, x PHEONIX x.
    I am able to watch 3-player. BBC needs limelight, ITV asks which quality and RTE simply doesn't run. What can i do to get even more excited about this plugin?
    yoepie

• Advertisement

Hi anzonl,

Take care
    yoepie

I have a another version of the plugin installed in my DM8000 with OpenPli 3 and I can watch all videos from The Netherland without the IP block. Superb!

Good for you!
    I'll see what i can do with Openpli 3
    Groeten uit ook Nederland :)
    BTW: which version do you use?

Good for you!
    I'll see what i can do with Openpli 3
    Groeten uit ook Nederland :)
    BTW: which version do you use?

Just use an up to date OpenPli 3 version and download the adjusted plugin here:
    http://openpli.org/forums/topic/28220-installing-the-ondemand-plugin-bbcitvc4/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frank087234

It is working perfect EXCEPT for 3player straight off the tele. i think there is afix for this for oe1.6 if can one tell me it , blackhole 1.7

It's working in OpenPli3. How can i add fourOD and get it working?
    I downloaded fourOD.py from GIT and copied it in the OnDemand-map, but i think this is not how it should be done really.
    take care, veel plezier!
    yoepie

When the maker of the OpenPli version tried the newer version including 4OD the plugin gave an error message as stated in earlier messages. Maybe it will work after adding Channel 5 Catch Up? :-)

I NEED ondemand plugin for blackhole with installation steps plz

thanks

I NEED ondemand plugin for blackhole with installation steps plz

thanks

update to their latest image then you can download the plugin directly from their feeds.

update to their latest image then you can download the plugin directly from their feeds.

I use patched image 1.7.4, so can not update.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

I use patched image 1.7.4, so can not update.:rolleyes:

Use the OE1.6 version posted by givecredit at the bottom of the first page of this thread. Works well on 1.7.8, except no 4OD. I can't say whether it will work on 1.7.4.

Advertisement