Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA)BBC Player and ITV player working in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Try looking in the plugins menu it self to see of the heading is in there, also what exact build of the ViX 3.0 image ? as there are well over 600, to find out go to menu> information> about.

Had a look in the plugins men and not there either.

Build: 204
    Kernel: 3.1.1
    Drivers: 2012-06-28

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Had a look in the plugins men and not there either.

Build: 204
    Kernel: 3.1.1
    Drivers: 2012-06-28

Thats a very old build now, i'd recommend you do a fresh flash to a newer build something in the 600 range for best results.

Thats a very old build now, i'd recommend you do a fresh flash to a newer build something in the 600 range for best results.

Ok thanks, will give that a go later on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

givecredit wrote: »
    Updated version of OnDemand Player. Now includes 4OD.

You need to install both of below:

Hi, Where do you put the simplejson file on the ultimo.
    Thanks.

kelsca wrote: »
    Hi, Where do you put the simplejson file on the ultimo.
    Thanks.

place the .ipk in either /tmp or var/volatile/tmp then install it as you would any other plugin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks Robxxx7. I googled it - and came across someone who had experienced the same issue. Replaced that file, rebooted but now it's looking for another
    file;

BH Message

Some plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OnDemand (Bad magic number in /usr/lib/python2.6/markupbase.pyo

Where can I get a replacement file for this one?

EDIT - found the replacement file - and now - finally - have OnDemand running. Thanks to rurs & robxxx7 (and the OnDemand Team).

Had the same issue on my Dm800 running Open Pli but used the 3 replacement files you used and its working now.
    Very nice indeed.

3 files are enclosed for anyone who needs them.

[OnDemand] Updates and Bug Fixes.

bbciplayer.py
    - Add a new Search Menu Option
    - Handle parsing Dates more efficiently
    - Fix invalid link for Sports Category (Thanks Mickd)

rteplayer.py
    - Move Search menu item to top of list
    - Handle parsing Dates more efficiently

threeplayer.py
    - Move Search menu item to top of list
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

[OnDemand] Add a Search Menu Option to fourOD.py

A search option has now been added to the 4OD plugin.

One small issue is that the search source is from channel4.com and some
    of the results are not available on ps3.channel4.com. I output an error
    message when this occurs.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/027f99ce89beea77a7eaed590f73aa646c9ac44c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

When updating do you still need to use telnet or do you just put the new files in the ondemand folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ ?

recyclebin wrote: »
    When updating do you still need to use telnet or do you just put the new files in the ondemand folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ ?

no. just delete the existing OnDemand folder on the receiver, FTP the new one to the receiver and reboot.

• Advertisement

[OnDemand] Add Search menu option for itvplayer.py

Add a search option for itvplayer.py ( beta so may not fully work at the moment )
    authored by mcquaim
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/d3ae4d131060527e6a973bbdc2bf5ed08b5e00d9

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, will give that a go later on this evening.

That done the trick with Build 626. Thanks for help and a super add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

no. just delete the existing OnDemand folder on the receiver, FTP the new one to the receiver and reboot.

Sorry for the noob questioning - but I take it swapping out folders can be done in the case of vix images only? I did this with bh.1.7.9 and ran into trouble.

How do I go about applying these updates in this case?

Sorry for the noob questioning - but I take it swapping out folders can be done in the case of vix images only? I did this with bh.1.7.9 and ran into trouble.

How do I go about applying these updates in this case?

yes these updates are only for OE-A based images such as ViX, for BH and other images you would need to wait for them to be adapted to those images by the relevant parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

yes these updates are only for OE-A based images such as ViX, for BH and other images you would need to wait for them to be adapted to those images by the relevant parties.
    Exstatic with the current version - so don't mind waiting for any updated versions to come along.

Have always had access to the uk players on laptop (and of course the irish players). However, I'd rarely be bothered to access them in that way. Being able to do so direct on the tv (via stb) makes the whole thing user friendly :cool:

Exstatic with the current version - so don't mind waiting for any updated versions to come along.

Have always had access to the uk players on laptop (and of course the irish players). However, I'd rarely be bothered to access them in that way. Being able to do so direct on the tv (via stb) makes the whole thing user friendly :cool:

yes same here, i have used them in the past via other means but now there accessible via stb i use them daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

yes same here, i have used them in the past via other means but now there accessible via stb i use them daily.

Same as that mate. Now having access to uk players without having to activate proxies through pc but by simply turning on the stb makes it now part of daily viewing.
    Ps good to have you aboard over here too mate :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

irishchris wrote: »

Same as that mate. Now having access to uk players without having to activate proxies through pc but by simply turning on the stb makes it now part of daily viewing.
    Ps good to have you aboard over here too mate :-)

And there was I hoping at least this forum would avoid being infiltrated from the commercial land grab that is Vix.
    More kudos goes to those guys that try and devixify everything and make things truly cross operational and not just vix only. I'm not going to go into a long diatribe as to why I wouldn't trust anything this commercial enterprise tries to do in this hobby as the attack poodles will just jump in on the bandwagon defending anything they do in there normal bullying ways.
    So this thread is unfollowed .. Enjoy yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,408 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    And there was I hoping at least this forum would avoid being infiltrated from the commercial land grab that is Vix.
    More kudos goes to those guys that try and devixify everything and make things truly cross operational and not just vix only. I'm not going to go into a long diatribe as to why I wouldn't trust anything this commercial enterprise tries to do in this hobby as the attack poodles will just jump in on the bandwagon defending anything they do in there normal bullying ways.
    So this thread is unfollowed .. Enjoy yourselves.

didnt know VIX was a commercial company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

irishgeo wrote: »

didnt know VIX was a commercial company?

Lol that made my day. Must look for a pay rise then if we are a commercial company. Vix is and always will be a hobby and for the everyday hobbyist to enjoy

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    Lol that made my day. Must look for a pay rise then if we are a commercial company. Vix is and always will be a hobby and for the everyday hobbyist to enjoy

If thats the case i'm due two years of back pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

If thats the case i'm due two years of back pay.

Commercial enterprise = WoS+ViX

Don't try and insult people's intelligence. If you want a pay rise go see your salesman Sic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Regardless of all the Vix vs BH fighting, this thread needs to be renamed. It has fast become a Vix plugin focussed thread, which many may not have noticed. Just in case people try to install this and wonder why its not working with BH!

I am sure it is not the focus of the OE alliance to concentrate on just one image platform.

The title of this thread is OE-Alliance OnDemand player, The files i am posting are exactly for that. They are built by the OE-Alliance for the OE-Alliance which consists of 11 image teams, if you want the so called DeViXed versions then sorry i cant help you.

[OnDemand] add option to hide from 'MainMenu, PluginBrowser & Extensions', clean up py code.

[OnDemand] add license to plugin.
    All Files of this Software are licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991, with the following amendments.

This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to modify it (if you keep the license and do not change or remove the 'About' screen), but it may not be commercially distributed other than under the conditions noted above. This applies to the source code as a whole as well as to parts of it, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a1cab5f055464b0359046b3f56a1efe1ecf0c2a3

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/1ae43dc010594acef810a24db346c281906db49c

[OnDemand] tweak main menu, also tweak the list.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a555cd0083b2a5b3211bb966ea9137f57f3d964a

also updated all player menu icons
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand/src/icons

[OnDemand] fix About screen keymap.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/f7b807b31880fd7aeb2a5c2229ce27ce846c7eab

[OnDemand] All Players - Pass Back Duration Passing back duration files (if it exists) from each player to commonModules also some code tidyup.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/526ca2c87482727fef8ee5ffb221f589abd46f9c

The title of this thread is OE-Alliance OnDemand player, The files i am posting are exactly for that. They are built by the OE-Alliance for the OE-Alliance which consists of 11 image teams, if you want the so called DeViXed versions then sorry i cant help you.

I have read the stinking arguments you get into on other fora.

This board is not the WOS forum nor indeed the linuxsat-support.com forum. Neither is it a changelog for this plugin.

This thread is about a so called OPEN plugin that should be compatible with all image types. If it is not please specify what it is compatible with.

I know full well that some of the latest additions and changes only run on Vix and WHY that is. Others wont. Do not confuse people as they WILL have to reimage their boxes if they attempt to install your updates and attachments to their boxes using non compatible images.

STB wrote: »
    I have read the stinking arguments you get into on other fora.

This board is not the WOS forum nor indeed the linuxsat-support.com forum. Neither is it a changelog for this plugin.

This thread is about a so called OPEN plugin that should be compatible with all image types. If it is not please specify what it is compatible with.

I know full well that some of the latest additions and changes only run on Vix and WHY that is. Others wont.

until such a time as a member of staff asks me to cease posting these updates i will continue to do so. as for your little moan fest, well fill ya boots pal as i really dont care and i'm not going to get into a discussion with you about it.

until such a time as a member of staff asks me to cease posting these updates i will continue to do so. as for your little moan fest, well fill ya boots pal as i really dont care and i'm not going to get into a discussion with you about it.

I would hardly call a request for correct labelling as a moan fest.

Given your attitude, so be it. This did not surprise me, your form is already known.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

[OnDemand] add option to hide from 'MainMenu, PluginBrowser & Extensions', clean up py code.

[OnDemand] add license to plugin.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a1cab5f055464b0359046b3f56a1efe1ecf0c2a3

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/1ae43dc010594acef810a24db346c281906db49c

[OnDemand] tweak main menu, also tweak the list.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a555cd0083b2a5b3211bb966ea9137f57f3d964a

also updated all player menu icons
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand/src/icons

[OnDemand] fix About screen keymap.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/f7b807b31880fd7aeb2a5c2229ce27ce846c7eab

[OnDemand] All Players - Pass Back Duration Passing back duration files (if it exists) from each player to commonModules also some code tidyup.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/526ca2c87482727fef8ee5ffb221f589abd46f9c

@ x PHEONIX x

Is this compatible with Open Pli on Dm800 pro

• Advertisement

martin12 wrote: »
    @ x PHEONIX x

Is this compatible with Open Pli on Dm800 pro

The last time i tried with a Pli image it did work although that was a few revisions ago and with a Vu plus Uno and there are a few dependencies that need installing.

Try this bear in mind that it is the very latest OE-Alliance version so i cant guarantee it will work without needing something extra.

Extract the OnDemand folder from the archive and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ then extract the dependencies archive and FTP the .ipk files to the /tmp folder. Ideally you want to be installing these in a specific order as such

python-lxml
    python-beautifulsoup
    python-dnspython
    python-simplejson the others should be fine in any order, or you could just use the following telnet command to install them all together but i'm not sure if that would work.

init 4 && opkg install /tmp/*.ipk && init 3

let me know how you get on with it which ever way it goes.

Advertisement