Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA)BBC Player and ITV player working in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

I'm running BlackHole 1.7.9 -> Build: Dec 6 2012-vuplus_experimental on a vu+ solo v2 clone.

I was referring to the OE 1.6 version of the plugin, as posted by givecredit. I have it running on 1.7.8, my box threw up a similar error, except it was python-zlib which was missing. I found it in packet mangement, you could look through there to see if the missing module is there for download, or else scout around the web for an .ipk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

rurs wrote: »
    I was referring to the OE 1.6 version of the plugin, as posted by givecredit. I have it running on 1.7.8, my box threw up a similar error, except it was python-zlib which was missing. I found it in packet mangement, you could look through there to see if the missing module is there for download, or else scout around the web for an .ipk.
    Just tried OE 1.6 instead and hit the same issue i.e. missing python-zlib.

Where exactly did you find 'packet management'?

Menu>Setup>Software Management>Advanced Options>Packet Management

It's a long list of packets...python-zlib is near the end.

Menu>Setup>Software Management
    After 'software management', I get five options;

- Manage Extensions
    - Software Restore
    - Backup System Settings
    - Restore System Settings
    - Install Local Extension.

Can't seem to find advanced options?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Updated version of OnDemand Player. Now includes 4OD.

You need to install both of below:

• Advertisement

After 'software management', I get five options;

- Manage Extensions
    - Software Restore
    - Backup System Settings
    - Restore System Settings
    - Install Local Extension.

Can't seem to find advanced options?

Menu>Setup>System>Customize. Change it to "Expert".
    "Advanced Options" should show up at the bottom of your list above.

Updated OnDemand for Non VIX image: Includes 4OD

heres the latest that ive got on non vix image

unpack, install the IPK files by copying to tmp directory, install with the command

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

drag the usr folder to root of receiver

restart enigma

tested on tm-twin running openpli3.0 based image

this package contains everything needed, including all dependancies

givecredit wrote: »
    Updated version of OnDemand Player. Now includes 4OD.

You need to install both of below:

Thanks for that. Will it work on OE1.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Wow, working perfectly here on my Gigablue Quad, many thanks to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The possibilities with using tunlr do seem to be endless.

CBS, Hula etc. Wonder how long before tunlr pull the plug on this though. They must be getting an awful lot of traffic to authenticate the headers with the specific media providers. It is only a matter of time before rights holders make complaints to the streaming providers/tunlr to stop allowing/circumventing geo blocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

STB wrote: »
    I have to say this is a damn clever plugin. It is working on Blackhole OE2.0.1. The addon is in the feeds.

Its very fast on BBC Player, fast forwardable etc. Dont tell anyone about it or it will be gone. How they got around the VPN requirements still has me puzzled.

by using tunlr

http://tunlr.net

oops found the answer to your own question

but agree ..not sure for how long before this option is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    oops found the answer to your own question

but agree ..not sure for how long before this option is closed.

If this was used to bypass the geoblock on live content, all hell will break loose.....

Eg. http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Live/channel/ajs2 :)

Menu>Setup>System>Customize. Change it to "Expert".
    "Advanced Options" should show up at the bottom of your list above.

I can get as far as 'customize' - change it to 'expert' - but I don't seem to have an 'Advanced Options" option?

I can get as far as 'customize' - change it to 'expert' - but I don't seem to have an 'Advanced Options" option?

After you've changed it to "Expert", leave that menu, and go back to "Software Management". "Advanced Options" should now be at the bottom of the list, after "Install Local Extension".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Can this work on the Humax Foxsat HDR or Arivas 120 and 250 please?

After you've changed it to "Expert", leave that menu, and go back to "Software Management". "Advanced Options" should now be at the bottom of the list, after "Install Local Extension".

Ok, got python-zlib installed. Rebooted box - then went to plugins but now getting this;

BH Message
    Some plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OnDemand (Bad magic number in /usr/lib/python2.6/htmlentitydefs.pyo).

Anyone any idea how I can fix this?

(BTW, thanks so much for your help thus far rurs - much appreciated).

bad magic number normally means the plugin has been developed for a python version that your box is not upto date with.

eg The plugin could be python version 2.7 but python on your box is only 2.6

You could telnet into your box and type python --version (thats off the top of my head) if thats incorrect just do a python --help to get the correct command

Thanks Robxxx7. I googled it - and came across someone who had experienced the same issue. Replaced that file, rebooted but now it's looking for another
    file;

BH Message

Some plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OnDemand (Bad magic number in /usr/lib/python2.6/markupbase.pyo

Where can I get a replacement file for this one?
    You could telnet into your box and type python --version (thats off the top of my head) if thats incorrect just do a python --help to get the correct command
    If I run that command via telnet, it returns with => Python 2.6.7.

EDIT - found the replacement file - and now - finally - have OnDemand running. Thanks to rurs & robxxx7 (and the OnDemand Team).

iba wrote: »
    Can this work on the Humax Foxsat HDR or Arivas 120 and 250 please?

No this plugin just works on Enigma 2 receivers. The Humax already has a inferior version of BBCi Player and ITV player preinstalled. To get these players functioning in Ireland have a look at post 42 in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

bad magic number normally means the plugin has been developed for a python version that your box is not upto date with.

eg The plugin could be python version 2.7 but python on your box is only 2.6

i have done this on my azbox (open azbox mod v6b) and it says i am running python 2.6.6

i have tried to load the ipk packages but they are all ignored and i didnt want to try a forced install in case i messed up the box.

would it be possible to modify the plugin to work on python 2.6.6 as i have asked about modifying the firmware up to python 2.7, on the open azbox forum, and got no reply

The AZBox runs a different architecture to what the Ondemand plugin was originally developed for. So its likely that in its current form it will not be possible to install into the AZBox.
    Some aspects of the plugin and particularly the library files may need to be compiled specifically for your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Works great on BlackHole OE 2.0.1. Installed from the BH Addons Downloads menu. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Need a bit of help as can't get this going. Installed the files by ftp as directed and sent the telnet command. All went fine and no errors produced. Have restarted the box but can't see the On Demand plugin when I press the blue button. Tried many times so any help appreciated.

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Need a bit of help as can't get this going. Installed the files by ftp as directed and sent the telnet command. All went fine and no errors produced. Have restarted the box but can't see the On Demand plugin when I press the blue button. Tried many times so any help appreciated.
    What firmware ver. are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

The AZBox runs a different architecture to what the Ondemand plugin was originally developed for. So its likely that in its current form it will not be possible to install into the AZBox.
    Some aspects of the plugin and particularly the library files may need to be compiled specifically for your box.

thanks for the reply. the enigma2 firmware is still being developed for the az so i'll see how it goes. they are basing it on open pli.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Sorry thought had included that. Running ViX 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

Sorry thought had included that. Running ViX 3.0

Try looking in the plugins menu it self to see of the heading is in there, also what exact build of the ViX 3.0 image ? as there are well over 600, to find out go to menu> information> about.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

Couple of recent updates for the irish players within the OE-Alliance OnDemand player while i'm here.

[OnDemand] Add Search option to rteplayer.py
    As the title says, a new menu item has been added to search for
    programmes on the RTE Player Website
    mcquaim
    I have added a new search option to the menu for the RTE Player. I will look into whether this will be possible for the other players as I get to them....
    Update can be found on the GIT or added manually via the included file.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a27ba69c2a7b54f6aa79b76b58d46156301222c1

===

[OnDemand] Add Search option to threeplayer.py
    A new search menu item has been added to the 3 Player to search for programmes on tv3.ie
    mcquaim
    Ok, last one for today, a search menu item has been added to 3 Player (New zip on post #1).. This will keep us Irish happy for now anyway, next for foreign relations
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/f8d50fef5f796d82999020693735ac6d837d7443

Both updates are included within the attached file below.

• Advertisement

Is there any forum you are not on ??? Phoenix the Vix attack poodle

Advertisement