Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirectPRO12 Race to Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ospreys
    Ospreys must win their next two games and look to get BPs, they won't want to need to win at both Glasgow and Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

LEINSTER:
    Ulster (H), Munster (A), Zebre (A), Ospreys (H)

I'll be at the remaining Leinster games, apart from Zebre. Anyone wanna fly me there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Munster
    Ah I think any further involvement for Munster is a pipe dream at this stage. I think Glasgow will probably make it official next week, but Munsters entire season now rests on their trip to the Stoop.

Ospreys
    Going into tomorrow:

Glasgow 67
    Leinster 63
    Ulster 62
    Ospreys 54
    Scarlets 54
    Munster 47

Scarlets and Ospreys should win both their games, which puts pressure on whoever loses between Leinster & Ulster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ospreys
    The most amount of Try Bonus Points achieved by a team in the Celtic League was 9 by Lanelli in 06/07, they scored 61 tries that season.

The most amount of tries scored by a team in a season was 67 by Ulster in 03/04, they got 8 TBP then.

Glasgow are on 8 TBP and 59 tries scored with 3 games left to play (away to Lanelli, home to Ospreys, and away to Connacht).

Can they make a new record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Munster
    A win for either Ospreys or Scarlets tomorrow will effectively end Munster's interest in the Rabo this season. Season hangs on the trip to the Stoop.

Leinster aren't far behind in the tries and bonus points!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Whatever happens tomorrow, and I think Leinster will win, I simply can't see a BP victory. Glasgow will be top of the table after the weekend with interesting match-ups to come. It'll be tight, and I would really, really rather not have to travel to Scotsoun to play that Glasgow side...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Ospreys
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Whatever happens tomorrow, and I think Leinster will win, I simply can't see a BP victory. Glasgow will be top of the table after the weekend with interesting match-ups to come. It'll be tight, and I would really, really rather not have to travel to Scotsoun to play that Glasgow side...

Interestingly*, the Rabo uses number of wins as the first criteria for splitting teams on the same points.

A win tomorrow for Leinster without a BP would put us level on points with Glasgow but we'd have 15 wins to their 14 so we'd actually be top. Could be critical in a couple of weeks.

*not very interesting at all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Interestingly*, the Rabo uses number of wins as the first criteria for splitting teams on the same points.

A win tomorrow for Leinster without a BP would put us level on points with Glasgow but we'd have 15 wins to their 14 so we'd actually be top. Could be critical in a couple of weeks.

*not very interesting at all

Actually that IS quite interesting and potentially huge for us. I don't see us overtaking glasgow on points difference so that gives Leinster a whole extra point to play with. That could well be crucial come the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Munster vs Leinster in Thomond, Munster nothing to lose but pride. Leinster needing the win. That will be tasty.

• Advertisement

Ospreys
    Scarlets 10-0 up against Dragons, it's on BBC2 Wales right now. Faletau in the bin as well.

Owen Williams is an impressive 10 and he's going to Leicester Tigers in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    Scarlets 10-0 up against Dragons, it's on BBC2 Wales right now. Faletau in the bin as well.

Owen Williams is an impressive 10 and he's going to Leicester Tigers in the summer.

To become 3rd choice!

Ospreys
    To become 3rd choice!

Would he? George Ford is leaving for Bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    Would he? George Ford is leaving for Bath.

And Ryan Lamb is arriving

Ospreys
    10-10 at halftime, Scarlets struggling.

Ospreys
    Scarlets score two tries in a minute, at least ten minutes left for them to nab a fourth try.

Ospreys
    It finishes 28-20, no BP for Scarlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Munster
    Whats the attendance like or suppose to be like?

Ospreys
    its_phil wrote: »
    Whats the attendance like or suppose to be like?

BBC said 35,000

Ospreys
    TABLE AFTER ROUND 19

Glasgow 67
    Ulster 66
    Leinster 64
    Ospreys 58
    Scarlets 58
    Munster 47
    Treviso 39*
    Cardiff 34
    Connacht 32*
    Edinburgh 32
    Dragons 23
    Zebre 9

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/table.php

REMAINING FIXTURES

GLASGOW:
    Scarlets (A), Ospreys (H), Connacht (A)

ULSTER:
    Dragons (H), Connacht (A), Cardiff (H)

LEINSTER:
    Munster (A), Zebre (A), Ospreys (H)

OSPREYS:
    Treviso (H), Glasgow (A), Leinster (A)

SCARLETS:
    Glasgow (H), Cardiff (H), Treviso (H)

As it stands Ulster are the favourites to top the league for me, they have the easiest run-in. Ospreys have it all to do to stay in the Top 4 with the run-in they have, Scarlets should get at least two wins from their three remaining games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Still think we could pip Glasgow, but will need a BP in Zebre and win in Thomond to do it.

Huge swing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fox Mulder

Think this is the best playoff run since they introduced it. Ulster by the way are on 66 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Ospreys
    Glasgow should be the clear favourites. Basically win out and they're in. And I wouldn't back anyone against them. Leinster on 64 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Can't see Glasgow being caught at this stage. I'd say the semis will end up as

Glasgow v Ospreys
    Ulster v Leinster (venue tbd)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ospreys
    matthew8 wrote: »
    Glasgow should be the clear favourites. Basically win out and they're in. And I wouldn't back anyone against them. Leinster on 64 by the way.

Glasgot might be on top and favourites, but they have a tricky run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, let's hope Connacht or scarlets do us a favour and we see a ulster Leinster 1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Ospreys
    Well the ideal scenario is Scarlets beating Glasgow, Leinster winning all 3 and Ulster forgetting about 1 of their fixtures on the way to a Heineken cup victory.

• Administrators Posts: 53,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The rabo semi's are the week before the HEC final.

If we're involved in that then I'm not sure what sort of team we'd play. A Rabo semi, especially against Leinster would be a very physical affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

awec wrote: »

If we're involved in that then I'm not sure what sort of team we'd play. A Rabo semi, especially against Leinster would be a very physical affair.

Yeah remember the 2011 semi final, broken bodies everywhere, thankfully Northampton got slightly more broken in their Premiership semi final :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Munster
    awec wrote: »

I'd pretty much give the first XV a rest in round 22, then give the full team a run in the semi final (with front row changed at the 50 minute mark) as a dress rehearsal for the final.

Advertisement